• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Dafey

• BossHog

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now a tropical depression, 29w. This should be a named storm pretty soon though.   Might re-curve away from the archipelago... Or keep on a westerly track and impact d'Phils

Just got my power back. Not much damage around here. Some blown down banana-trees only. Feeling pretty lucky considering how close it went by. 

Posted Images

SkyMan

Never seen them all agree like this before.

image.thumb.png.fddff76143753573961ed7c0cee48fa5.png

Might save a lot of face for the SEA Games committee.  Can't blame us for the disaster, it was Tisoy.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Two good signs...it's going to be a fast mover. That's better than having a big storm sit on top of you for a while. And, it's wobbling a little. Sometimes means it's breaking up. Go here to see the wobble https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/29W/imagery/rbtop_lalo-animated.gif

image.png.92db601a9baacf9d1550a08ff6188b96.png

• Thanks 1
Kabisay-an gid
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Two good signs...it's going to be a fast mover. That's better than having a big storm sit on top of you for a while.

Super Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda was a fast mover. My wife and her family in Leyte didn't consider that a good sign. :wink:

• Administrator
Dafey

Super Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda was a fast mover. My wife and her family in Leyte didn't consider that a good sign. :wink:

The wind speed was so intense on Yolanda that even as a fast mover it did incredible damage. If it was a slow mover and was able to stay in one spot for a long time with those sustained winds it would have been much worse. When a tropical storm moves fast there is less time to endure the killer winds.

Gratefully you’re wife and family are still her to tell the tale, is is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wind speed was so intense on Yolanda that even as a fast mover it did incredible damage. If it was a slow mover and was able to stay in one spot for a long time with those sustained winds it would have been much worse. When a tropical storm moves fast there is less time to endure the killer winds.

Gratefully you’re wife and family are still her to tell the tale, is is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan

Windy currently predicts wind speeds only about 70mph just before landfall so not even a typhoon. 

well  going to be pretty windy

image.png.5b5e7c05f301acf9181347342fb5b429.png

and wett

image.png.79eb2d894853f96d076b86858972d498.png

• Administrator
Dafey
41 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Windy currently predicts wind speeds only about 70mph just before landfall so not even a typhoon. 

I love WindyTV for long range, (2 weeks out), forecasting normal rain from fronts and so on...but they are not a great source for typhoons. Typhoon200 is a much better source.

This prediction showing very strong winds at and before landfall

image.thumb.png.c5021376823937247154616f92c3c3bf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan

Windy has landfall at about midnight Monday, farther south near Legazpi.

image.thumb.png.e49e4c426ebf1319a3d36228e77f6867.png

• Administrator
Dafey

Welcome to the Philippines. 24 hour rainfall...

image.png.bfedec082b200f05792b3a24794799bb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SunStar

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1834358/Cebu/Local-News/Classes-on-December-2-suspended-in-some-parts-of-northern-Cebu-due-to-Tisoy

Classes on December 2 suspended in some parts of northern Cebu due to 'Tisoy'

RONA T. FERNANDEZ     December 1, 2019

ALTHOUGH Typhoon Tisoy has slightly weakened, classes in preschool and elementary levels in some parts of northern Cebu will be cancelled on Monday, December 2, 2019.

As this developed, families residing in coastal communities and low-lying areas are advised to voluntarily evacuate should weather conditions worsen.

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Adminstration has reported that as of 11 a.m. Sunday, December 1, 2019, Typhoon Tisoy has slightly weakened while moving westward.

Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Warning Number 1 has been raised in several areas in the Southwestern Tagalog Region and Western Visayas as well as in northern Cebu.

Affected areas in the province include the cities of Bogo and Danao, and the towns of Asturias, Bantayan, Borbon, Carmen, Catmon, Daanbantayan, Madridejos, Medellin, Pilar, Poro, San Francisco, San Remigio, Santa Fe, Sogod, Tabogon, Tabuelan, Tuburan and Tudela.

Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office chief Neil Angelo Sanchez said Governor Gwendolyn Garcia had declared a class suspension in preschool and elementary levels in these local government units as part of the Capitol's preemptive measures.

Also Cebu Daily News

20 areas in Cebu now under Signal 1; LGUs urged to conduct preventive evacuation in high risk areas

read more here:

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/273044/20-areas-in-cebu-now-under-storm-signal-1-lgus-urged-to-evacuate-residents-at-risk-from-typhoon-tisoy

Edited by Woolf
  • Administrator
Dafey

Current chart shows it coming a little closer to the Viscyans. We should be good but glad I'm not at the SEAGs.

image.thumb.png.b1a8ce70f20e1a95515459ae53331c00.png  

image.thumb.png.3a7d9306e2541c002d33682a96c355d9.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1