Shoppee gets worse

Goetz1965

Lazada is in business for long, but theres also Shopee.
Usually they are ok but its ofcourse the dealers you have to deal with.
If the dealer is ok then its no problem, only that shopee has a ridiculus delivery system and don't use LBC. 
That way you deal with a delivery company that is just worse.

I just had it worse when ordering from manila.
Shoppee has no Cash on Delivery option - instead when you pay the money goes to shoppee to be save. Then the dealer has to send and only after you received the item and tell delivery and item was good they transfer the money to the dealer.
Thats a goood way as long it works.

I ordered a ipad mini 4 at just 7500php - had to pay in advance by bank transfer. So far thats nothing bad.
Only a day later the order was cancelled with reason "undeliverable area"
As I live in Lahug Cebu-City that prooves either the delivery guys are too stupid, or the item itself is just a cheap bait but not available.

WORSE now is shoppees policy to tell me that they will refund me to my shoppee wallet.
Unfortunately I dont have that yet, and as Im german I use the german app store where the shoppee app isn't available for download either.
So in that case you have no shopee wallet they tell you that if they cant refund to the wallet they will refund the way you paid (back to my metrobank account) after 15 days. Hell yeah ... 

I now wait for their answer as I told them I cant install their app.
I wonder why that one has no website... Sometimes I ask myself how stupid programmers and managers must be to not implement those things.
Then I think "MIllenials..." and can only shake my head.

• Like 1

I suppose if Shoppee needed a cash flow boost, that’s quite a good way to do it. Refunding via the same payment channel is OK - Shoppee might not have received your funds yet. 15 days is a bit long. I’d say up to 10 business days is reasonable (that allows for 5 in each direction). 

East Saxon

I was considering using Shoppee but when reading their delivery procedure it would appear that if the seller does not use the Delivery Company that covers your area you cannot order, is that correct?

I have had around 100 successfully delivered Lazada orders - and 2 or 3 returns or refunds in that time.

I tried Shoppee twice - both orders got cancelled after waiting around 7 days with no contact from the seller. No more trials for them.

Once Lazada killed off Paypal I only do COD with them.

You could temporarily swap to the Philippines app store - but you'll need a VPN to swap back to the DE app store again.   I have had to do the same for a few apps not in the local app store...

wondersailor

I almost always order from Shopee over Lazada. And I always order COD. I would never pay first. In fact, both Lazada and Shopee claim 80% of their business is COD. Their shipping costs are lower then Lazada and you generally have a choice in shipping companies. I will not order anything from anyone if there is a chance of their using LBC as their shipper. I've had a gut full of LBC. Plus Shopee prices are often lower than Lazada. I only have 2 complaints about Shopee, their webpages can take forever to load, and when they advertise free shipping it is not just discounted. Minor complaints, give me Shopee!

• Like 1
HeyMike

I have tried to use Shopee, but have only received 1 out of 4 items ordered from them. Three times I was told no one answered texts or calls by the delivery person. This is not true, they never notified me . I think they did not want to deliver to the province.

I have had my problems with Lazada also, but now filter out all the items not shipped from the Philippines. I know this eliminates a lot of items that may not be a problem, but I have never had a problem since using the filter.

I too will only order items COD.

wondersailor

Whatever works for you keep doing it. It does seem you were having problems with the delivery company and not Shopee. It wasn't LBC was it? A horrible company, at least in my province. I don't think Shopee uses them here. I think most people who have had problems have had them with the delivery companies.

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, HeyMike said:

Three times I was told no one answered texts or calls by the delivery person. This is not true, they never notified me .

oh that has happened a few times to us by LBC.   I figured the delivery guy simply was goofing off.  

HeyMike
4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Whatever works for you keep doing it. It does seem you were having problems with the delivery company and not Shopee. It wasn't LBC was it? A horrible company, at least in my province. I don't think Shopee uses them here. I think most people who have had problems have had them with the delivery companies.

I would agree that it was the delivery company that was the problems with Shopee, at least a few times. I believe the shipping company was Blackarrow Express. One time Shopee canceled an order because the Seller never shipped the item. I may try them again in the future, but so far Lazada has been good for me. I am a little leery of ordering anything not already in the Philippines, though. My biggest problems were with items shipped from China.  

• Like 1