Jump to content
shadow

An open challenge to the Rangers

Recommended Posts

shadow

You have made several statements in many threads that I claim are untrue. When asked to provide sources or links, you ignore them or make up some excuse why you cannot comply. I am implying that you are "talking shit". In the "closed threads" thread alone, you made the following statements,

 

On page 1; "I have noticed one mod who gets on here and used the "F" word a lot".

 

On page 2, your response to Salty; 

 On 11/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Salty Dog said:

If you have a problem with the forum, why not give us a possible solution.

Your response, "lol, probably because you ban members from threads for doing just that."

 

On page 4; "I was just bant from a topic for requesting news-reporting standards here be raised from Filipino to something closer to the forum owner's Western cultural standards of reporting."

From the same post;  "Basically don't talk shit if you can't back it up with actual sources, not that complicated or controversial."

 

So here is the challenge. You state   "Basically don't talk shit if you can't back it up with actual sources, not that complicated or controversial."

So show us your actual sources, after all, it's not that complicated or controversial. Show us;

1.  Where myself or any current mod has used the f word a lot. By "a lot" take it it to mean at least more than one instance.

2. Where anyone has been banned for suggesting possible solutions for the forum.

3. Show us this thread in which you were "bant from a topic for requesting news-reporting standards here be raised from Filipino to something closer to the forum owner's Western cultural standards of reporting."

 

I imply that these are all instances of where you are in fact, just talking shit that you can't back up, in an effort to disparage this forum further. Part of a moderators job is to protect the forum. So in an effort to protect the forum, I now challenge you to prove just any one of your 3 statements above.

 

What's on the line?

If you can prove just any one of the three with actual sources, I will not only hang up the moderators hat, but will leave this forum forever, voluntarily. You win.

If you cannot prove it, then I think we can all agree you were just talking shit, as usual, and you will cease and desist any further disparaging remarks about myself and/or the forum, that you cannot back up with sources.  From this moment on, any further such remarks that you cannot provide a source for will result in your immediate and permanent banning from the forum.

Just to make it simple for you, at the threat of being banned from the forum forever, you agree to not talk shit any more if you can't back it up with sources. After all, according to you, it's not that complicated. But I suspect that maybe for you, it is too complicated?  

So how about it Texas? Up for a challenge? Care to back up your claims? Or, as I am implying, are you just all mouth?

'

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Rat
1 hour ago, shadow said:

You have made several statements in many threads that I claim are untrue. When asked to provide sources or links, you ignore them or make up some excuse why you cannot comply. I am implying that you are "talking shit". In the "closed threads" thread alone, you made the following statements,

 

On page 1; "I have noticed one mod who gets on here and used the "F" word a lot".

 

On page 2, your response to Salty; 

 On 11/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Salty Dog said:

If you have a problem with the forum, why not give us a possible solution.

Your response, "lol, probably because you ban members from threads for doing just that."

 

On page 4; "I was just bant from a topic for requesting news-reporting standards here be raised from Filipino to something closer to the forum owner's Western cultural standards of reporting."

From the same post;  "Basically don't talk shit if you can't back it up with actual sources, not that complicated or controversial."

 

So here is the challenge. You state   "Basically don't talk shit if you can't back it up with actual sources, not that complicated or controversial."

So show us your actual sources, after all, it's not that complicated or controversial. Show us;

1.  Where myself or any current mod has used the f word a lot. By "a lot" take it it to mean at least more than one instance.

2. Where anyone has been banned for suggesting possible solutions for the forum.

3. Show us this thread in which you were "bant from a topic for requesting news-reporting standards here be raised from Filipino to something closer to the forum owner's Western cultural standards of reporting."

 

I imply that these are all instances of where you are in fact, just talking shit that you can't back up, in an effort to disparage this forum further. Part of a moderators job is to protect the forum. So in an effort to protect the forum, I now challenge you to prove just any one of your 3 statements above.

 

What's on the line?

If you can prove just any one of the three with actual sources, I will not only hang up the moderators hat, but will leave this forum forever, voluntarily. You win.

If you cannot prove it, then I think we can all agree you were just talking shit, as usual, and you will cease and desist any further disparaging remarks about myself and/or the forum, that you cannot back up with sources.  From this moment on, any further such remarks that you cannot provide a source for will result in your immediate and permanent banning from the forum.

Just to make it simple for you, at the threat of being banned from the forum forever, you agree to not talk shit any more if you can't back it up with sources. After all, according to you, it's not that complicated. But I suspect that maybe for you, it is too complicated?  

So how about it Texas? Up for a challenge? Care to back up your claims? Or, as I am implying, are you just all mouth?

'

 Ranger you have to realise that mods have feelings too.:cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
55 minutes ago, shadow said:

I will not only hang up the moderators hat, but will leave this forum forever, voluntarily.

Don't,, this is a typical temporary problem, plus i will lose one member who i can talk cars with.... (about the only subject i have any expertise with.) 

I must say as a reasonably new member (looking at the big picture) the only time I've seen the full blown Fword was in a MEME or, Things that make you go MM thread.It was part of the photo, not added by a member. Now for some reason I don't get notifications for all threads /posts and some just appear in the main menu. (maybe I'm on people's do not call list,,, haa). So i cannot say categorically it hasn't happened (in my short time). Yes members and i do use various characters to simulate the word but that's just about it. Finally i have NO idea what this forum was like "years ago", or what has changed. I probably cant even go back that far in the archives, This is my first and only and probably last forum (yes sorry I'm old) (no Facebook either). It has been a wealth of information regarding many subjects, particularly immigration matters, getting a 13a etc,, the list goes on. 

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
4 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

I probably cant even go back that far in the archives,

I believe anyone can go back as far as they want.  Although some threads have been lost during upgrades such as the original Dogs thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
I believe anyone can go back as far as they want.  Although some threads have been lost during upgrades such as the original Dogs thread.
Yeh, ok point taken, But sometimes i feel there is no point as everything changes in life and sometimes move on and look forward and not behind.(except in a dark ally).....


That's why the Kangaroo and Emu are on the Australian Coat of Arms, because they can only move forwards. (So the story goes)..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny

I do recall the use of the significant word and which staff member posted it.  I remember, because it made me laugh.  I can’t recall the circumstances, but it was only once.  I’ve seen feck used all the time and I’m guessing it is the software which changes that.  I tried searching for the word but the software only showed up as feck. Lots of hits for that.

I created a post once which was a form of venting about some sort of Filipino related issue.....probably driving or traffic. The software didn’t catch the word (maybe I used quotes as some members seem to love to do). For me, the word fit.  The best part was another member reacted but not offended.  Just surprised I was so upset.....I think it was a Canadian. Sorry about that. 
 

As to the inappropriateness of colorful language, I’d rather see that than see some corrective post by a moderator who chooses to make snide remarks about remaining on topic whilst choosing to story off whenever they choose.  There, I’ve said it.  
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Finally i have NO idea what this forum was like "years ago", or what has changed. I probably cant even go back that far in the archives,

The forum was busier years ago, but that has nothing to do with the current moderation or rules. If anything, the current moderation and rules are much more lax than in previous years when Paul owned and ran the forum. A few years ago, there was a major dustup between Paul and a group of members and they left en masse and most have never returned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtmwatchbiz

um...larry...you may be confusing the two rangers.   I think one said some and the other said the other.   confusing as that may sound.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

As busy as the forums were years ago, it was still just a few members (mostly staff members) who posted a lot of content. Yes, they may have been different members than those who post a lot of content today, but it was still relatively few of the members who created most of the activity on the forums. Some of those members are dead or have moved on to other interests. There is nothing anybody can do to change that. The forums weren't trying to be funny back in those days, so you didn't have all of the humor, meme and cartoon threads (which are barely content at all, and certain topics were off limits (such as politics, religion and controversial assertions), so the forums were more centered on things in and about the Philippines. It was Paul who changed those rules (in the hope that they would bring in more members), but it looks more like the change actually reduced the number of members and changed the kind of members the forums attract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtmwatchbiz
16 minutes ago, Headshot said:

it was still just a few members (mostly staff members) who posted a lot of content.

huh?

17 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The forums weren't trying to be funny back in those days

huh?

19 minutes ago, Headshot said:

certain topics were off limits

that I agree with

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
The forum was busier years ago, but that has nothing to do with the current moderation or rules. If anything, the current moderation and rules are much more lax than in previous years when Paul owned and ran the forum. A few years ago, there was a major dustup between Paul and a group of members and they left en masse and most have never returned.
Ok, Roger, thanks for the info.

I'll keep plodding along.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

huh?

huh?

that I agree with

Don't get into a huff. Even then, you were posting a lot. I even remember some topics where you tried to help the OP find a solution. The forums were more of a "family" back then, and we got together at least a few times a year somewhere in the Cebu metro area. I went to several of those get-togethers, and I even organized a few. I seem to remember that you did too. But you have to remember that Paul and Bob Ward and Big Rob (just to mention a few) did a lot of posting and organizing back then. They are no longer with us, and we don't have many staff living in the Cebu metro area anymore.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
4 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Ok, Roger, thanks for the info.

I'll keep plodding along.

Despite the negativity of some, and a few less active posters, we are still here to help each other and impart knowledge when and if we know the answers. In my opinion, the loss of a major contributor with a vast knowledge base like shadow would be devastating to this forum.

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

They are no longer with us, and we don't have many staff living in the Cebu metro area anymore.

I think that the forum group as a whole is much more diverse as far as location of residences.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bama
4 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

um...larry...you may be confusing the two rangers.   I think one said some and the other said the other.   confusing as that may sound.   

I went back and looked--------shadow is addressing the correct ranger.

I have never noted the word f....spelled out correctly being used by anyone---perhaps I missed a few but it certainly wasn't often.

Most of us are adults here I believe with the majority of people well along in age so no ones sensibilities should be hurt too much by an occasional MF or F..."Spelling" around a swear word or two, which I'm guilty of BTW, seems pretty tame based on what I have seen on other MBs.

Edited by Bama
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright
9 hours ago, cookie47 said:

That's why the Kangaroo and Emu are on the Australian Coat of Arms, because they can only move forwards. (So the story goes)..

Here was me thinking it was because they both taste so good on the b-b-q!

11 hours ago, shadow said:

Basically don't talk shit if you can't back it up with actual sources, not that complicated or controversial."

That's going to end quite a few of the threads in the "controversial" forums :).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..