bkb1

Elon Musk announce the Tesla Cybertruck

Headshot

I still think it should come with a Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor. It would also look pretty cool in a camo wrap.

Edited by Headshot
  • Haha 1

rizla
48 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I still think it should come with a Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor. It would also look pretty cool in a camo wrap.

It would also look better if in black rather than bare metal

DeedleNuts
5 hours ago, rizla said:

It would also look better if in black rather than bare metal

The first time I saw it I also thought it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen, but the audacity of the thing is growing on me a very little bit. At this point the main issue I have with the design is that it's striking and attention getting. I bought a grey minivan not long ago and one of the reasons was precisely because it's the closest thing to an invisible vehicle anyone mass produces at the moment. No one notices a drab minivan. 

Somehow the Tesla is starting to look utilitarian to me, but unless they sell in droves that will never be the common reaction. 

GwapoGuy

Unfair advantage!?

• Like 1

SkyMan

On 11/27/2019 at 9:22 AM, GwapoGuy said:

Unfair advantage!?

Well, an electric motor has maximum torque at 0 RPM so there is that.

image.png.bc9804358b84605e260c84ce31331fd5.png

DeedleNuts
On 11/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, GwapoGuy said:

Unfair advantage!?

The first time I saw it it was obvious the Ford was either a 2WD model, or was in 2WD mode. Typically an unloaded pickup using 2WD has very little traction, this is not news. I didn't notice on the first viewing if the Tesla was showing evidence of being in AWD or not due to my fixating on the unbelievably obvious fact that the Ford's front wheels were following the direction of travel. 

Even if not, the weight of the battery-pack would have given the Tesla a big advantage in a contrived test like this. 

• Like 1