New Moderators (Mods)

Salty Dog

RedRanger
3 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

4. Obviously changing the wording of another persons post has always been a big deal especially under Paul's domain.

I did put a FIFY to acknowledge it was changed, but as I said no biggie

Paul had some type of unwritten rule you couldn't talk bad about the queen of England, I think her name is Elizabeth, I always chuckled at that one. :lmao:

• Sad 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• jtmwatchbiz

• RedRanger

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maintain the status quo, the forum has been pretty good lately.. 

I vote for Fred and Davenao to be mods!

I vote Eggnoggin for Mod.

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

If you are really upset what an ex-moderator did 3 years ago, I will remove USMC's warning for you. 

• Haha 2
RedRanger
2 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

If you are really upset what an ex-moderator did 3 years ago, I will remove USMC's warning for you. 

Not upset at all, As I said I just found it odd or strange in my earlier post.

Back at the time it did put me off and I think I stayed away from the forum for an extended period since it seems as if the mods were over the top and had no clue what others were doing.  but as you can see my long history I very little infractions on this board. 

RogerDuMond
4 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Not upset at all, As I said I just found it odd or strange in my earlier post.

The problem is that your "earlier post" made it sound like you were talking about current moderators and moderation instead of old news with an ex-moderator.

• Like 1
RedRanger
22 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

The problem is that your "earlier post" made it sound like you were talking about current moderators and moderation instead of old news with an ex-moderator.

Sorry, I wasn't really aware of whom is or isn't a mod or a admin, current or past.  I figured that broden dude was still here and the USMC dude was still here.  

I wonder why the issue wasn't cleared up back then when they both sent me warnings?  That was the reason for me saying the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

It was a "biggie" since you mentioned you left the forum for a while. I just want to apologize for what they did to you. I can understand how you felt. Sensitivity for the more fragile members of the forum should be kept in mind at all times when one is moderating and somehow this wasn't handled properly. I don't know if this is why those two insensitive moderators are gone now or not but I think today's mods should make you feel safe.

• Haha 6
Headshot
10 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I did put a FIFY to acknowledge it was changed, but as I said no biggie.

That is the problem with using acronyms. Not everybody understands the meaning. I would suggest that in the future, you spell it out.

Sorry, I wasn't really aware of whom is or isn't a mod or a admin, current or past.  I figured that broden dude was still here and the USMC dude was still here.  

I wonder why the issue wasn't cleared up back then when they both sent me warnings?  That was the reason for me saying the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

The user names of the current staff is rather easy to ascertain (Broden IS still an administrator, but is temporarily not moderating due to other things going on in his life). They are listed on the right side of the screen on index pages. Back when you were warned, the only person who could remove a warning was Paul. Maybe he didn't see a need to remove either warning. Just maybe, asking questions would be a better tact than blindly making accusations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Davaoeno

the USMC dude was still here.  

actually he stabbed Melissa Mae in the back and ran off to write parking tickets in some town in Middle America where they never heard of him ! 

• Haha 3
RogerDuMond

I wonder why the issue wasn't cleared up back then when they both sent me warnings?

No way of answering this question since no one that would have been involved in it is still around, but let me ask you if you complained about it to either moderator or Paul at the time?

• Like 1

geeee  some people can make a mountain of a molehill

• Like 6
smokey
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

actually he stabbed Melissa Mae in the back and ran off to write parking tickets in some town in Middle America where they never heard of him ! 

Not true he is retired military works government job has i think 3 children and wife is working and they remodel their house

19 minutes ago, Woolf said:

geeee  some people can make a mountain of a molehill

I guess it gives these old geezers something to do! It adds some humour to the forum and helps brighten my day over my morning coffee.:oldtimer:

• Like 1
smokey

The term old geezers is not politically correct its retired mature gentlemen of leisure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
RogerDuMond
4 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

I guess it gives these old geezers something to do! It adds some humour to the forum and helps brighten my day over my morning coffee.:oldtimer:

You just made my day. I live for the opportunity to make you young inexperienced kids happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
RedRanger
6 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

No way of answering this question since no one that would have been involved in it is still around, but let me ask you if you complained about it to either moderator or Paul at the time?

Paul didn't issue the warning, thus I didn't contact him.  

Yes I did send a PM to USMC-Retired,  Here was his reply -    "You can not do that.  It is in the rules.  Does not matter if I know the lingo or not.  It was reported and the quote was altered.  Get with Broden to remove your points he is an Admin he can do it I am just a mod."

It was very odd USMC dude didn't just take care of it or send the Broden dude a message of what happen.