New Moderators (Mods)

Salty Dog

RogerDuMond
23 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Mods should be under 60, the old guys absolutely cannot handle being wrong, fight me :D

I am pretty sure that I could handle being wrong, but I guess we will find out for sure the first time that it happens. :stick_poke:

• Haha 7
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• jtmwatchbiz

• RedRanger

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maintain the status quo, the forum has been pretty good lately.. 

I vote for Fred and Davenao to be mods!

I vote Eggnoggin for Mod.

1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

But wait, you don't even know about the attractive pay scale, or the impressive benefits package.

The pay scale must be mighty impressive as SD seems to go a cruise every few weeks. LOL

• Like 3
RogerDuMond
58 minutes ago, Bama said:

The pay scale must be mighty impressive as SD seems to go a cruise every few weeks. LOL

You have to remember that he handles the books.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I vote to mostly maintain the status quo, for whatever it's worth.   I think the forum is well-moderated and lightly-moderated (essentially the same thing in my opinion).  Headshot should be a moderator again if he'll accept it, he's been around a long, time, contributes a lot and is steady and balanced.

I used to moderate a poker forum and know it's a thankless task. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

Headshot should be a moderator again if he'll accept it, he's been around a long, time, contributes a lot and is steady and balanced.

Good point.

Maybe it's time to revisit the reasons that HS was fired and see if they still make sense today.

Seems like that is what was done with JTM-----why not HS? Just my opinion.

• Like 2
RedRanger

It seems as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does on this site when it comes to moderation.  Why do posters get warning from multiply mods if something is done that is against the rules? 

Is there not a place where the admin/mods can see what another does and not issue a poster multiply warning for something?

jtmwatchbiz
On 11/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, Chris24 said:

I vote to mostly maintain the status quo, for whatever it's worth.

I think the forum is well-moderated and lightly-moderated

the two statements above are compatible.

Headshot should be a moderator again

this last quote doesn't fit in with your original premise.  I don't see the dire need for additional staff when the place is for the most sailing along smoothly.   headshot is quite active as it is and there isn't much that gets past his report-button finger.   

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz
16 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

It seems as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does on this site when it comes to moderation.  Why do posters get warning from multiply mods if something is done that is against the rules? 

I think a few guys may need to develop a thicker skin and learn to take your punishments like a man.   me and ian have actually developed a taste for it :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

It seems as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does on this site when it comes to moderation.

If your right hand doesn't know what your left hand is doing, try switching hands more often.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

Why do posters get warning from multiply mods if something is done that is against the rules? 

Is there not a place where the admin/mods can see what another does and not issue a poster multiply warning for something?

Please explain what you are talking about. Maybe an example?

• Like 1
softail
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I get the impression that you have a lot of experience with moderation. Do you have problems with learning from past miststeps? 🤔

• Like 2
RedRanger
9 minutes ago, softail said:

I get the impression that you have a lot of experience with moderation. Do you have problems with learning from past miststeps? 🤔

I have very very little experience. Why would you get that impression?

You Jelly?

RedRanger
59 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Please explain what you are talking about. Maybe an example?

Back around June 2016, I quoted a post, changed it up a bit and then put FIFY (Fixed It For You) as the reply.  

I was received a warning from Broden and within a minute a got a warning from USMC retired, I thought it was odd they would both send me warnings.  I do freely admit I wasn't aware it was against the rule and do take ownership for not reading all the rules. 

No big deal, I just found it odd getting two warnings within minutes for the same infraction

jtmwatchbiz
19 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Back around June 2016

yes we all can see how once in 3 years could be a problem! :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
RogerDuMond
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

It seems as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does on this site when it comes to moderation. 

10 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Back around June 2016, I quoted a post, changed it up a bit and then put FIFY (Fixed It For You) as the reply.  

I was received a warning from Broden and within a minute a got a warning from USMC retired, I thought it was odd they would both send me warnings.

1. That was over three years ago.

2. Neither people are currently moderating.

3. As you yourself said, they were within  minute of each other, so USMC would not have seen the warning from Broden. It takes more than a minute to do a warning, so they were both working on giving you a warning at the same time. It is not logical to think that moderators are going to ask each other if they are going to give you a warning.

4. Obviously changing the wording of another persons post has always been a big deal especially under Paul's domain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1