House columns inside or out?

@smokey That’s really good!  Your house is big enough for columns like that. They’d somewhat overpower ours. 

• Like 1
SkyMan
2 hours ago, smokey said:

Well as an italian guess thats the way.  Local style would be bamboo

Capture+_2019-11-20-06-53-24~2.png

I hope that's well anchored or there are going to be reports of a UFO.

• Haha 3
SkyMan
38 minutes ago, Paddy said:

No. The columns were poured square (with forms) and then parged round by hand. One of the crew was obviously an artist and had a good eye. He did the first one. The other guys simply copied his technique. 

Saw a yt of a guy making very nice ornate lintels, capitals, bases, sills, and arches with cement, some wire mesh, and plywood cross-section forms.

None of that would go with my house but interesting to watch.

Edited by SkyMan

There’s some very very slow (years) work going on at the RC Chapel in the barrio (I assume budget is the issue). The windows are being decorated with concrete fancy work around them. All done by hand I believe with not much assistance from cross-sectional forms. 

SkyMan
19 hours ago, Woolf said:

No columns inside nor outside here

steel colums reduced.jpg

Well. there are steel columns which is an option too.  That looks like a block of apartments.

the above is a 4 house block, not apartments

my house is a duplex but same steel construction

rebar welded top and bottom

about 80 units in sub

HongKongPhooey
23 hours ago, SkyMan said:

In the US you would just buy a cardboard tube the length and diameter you need, like a giant toilet paper roll but I haven't seen that item here.

To bump this up, been trying to find these for fence and foundation work, hoping someone has seen. I seem to suck at searching Lazada...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SAKRETE-8-in-x-48-in-Concrete-Form-Tube-65470075/100321209#customer_reviews

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, HongKongPhooey said:

To bump this up, been trying to find these for fence and foundation work, hoping someone has seen. I seem to suck at searching Lazada...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SAKRETE-8-in-x-48-in-Concrete-Form-Tube-65470075/100321209#customer_reviews

I can't get to homedepot.com from here without a VPN but from the link it sounds like what I was talking about, the cardboard tubes for round columns.  As I said, I haven't seen them here.  Best idea I can come up with for that would be a sheet of sheet metal rolled to the desired diameter and pinning the end of the sheet with a row of 1" metal tek screws maybe every 10" or so.  Nice thing there is the sheet metal could be reused many times while the cardboard tubes are single use.