Sign in to follow this  
lv2play

Crowne Aircon

Woolf
4 hours ago, Paddy said:

n Masbate, unless you are prepared to go off-island to buy, you take what you can get. Our two units have been running about 1 year now. They’re inverter, quiet (both inside and out) and they do a nice job of cooling. They’re quite quick to cool the rooms down when returning after a day out (with them shut down) and they seem to maintain temperature quite “easily”. One year is not enough time to comment on maintenance issues and reliability - but we haven’t called anyone in yet.  So far, they have survived MASELCO’s on/off/on/off power management system. 

looks like it is this one

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/samsung-1hp-ar09mvfhh-split-type-inverter-aircon-i459556227-s1186088767.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.5.6fa87bc2VnkptM&search=1

SkyMan
9 hours ago, Ozepete said:

The main issue with splits is to make sure the installer evacuates the indoor section and pipe run BEFORE opening the two service valves.  If they don't have a vac pump, find another installer!

Like this?

https://shopee.ph/Portable-Air-Vacuum-Pump-for-Air-Conditioning--Refrigerator--i.68583945.1519170175?gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjsxcYM26TFifljCCl03j-fR4yqdVcunW55O1-m41qtS2Xbm7UZSbQBoCuaEQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Ozepete
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, that's it. Essential to remove all air from pipes etc before opening up valves.  The outdoor section is fine, it has been evacuated and holds the required gas.  Failure to evacuate will increase power consumption and reduce system life... 

• Like 1

lv2play

Most reviews are indeed  complaints because people wanna get rid of their angre, in special when nobody wants to listen or take complaints serious.

the reason why i want a non-inverter aircon is gecko’s, i have a lot of them in and around the house.

my philippine life is website/ blog that everyone should read before building a house in philippines, there’s a lot of info , some (very ) usefull, some a bit overdone.

i read this  some time ago 

https://myphilippinelife.com/inverter-air-conditioners-not-the-best-choice-for-everyone/

I’ve visit the cebu appliance center in Talisay, a very messy dusty place, and they claim that the Crowne compressor is Hitachi, which makes sence.

a 1.5 non inverter Crowne , including instalation and 5 meter extra copper pipe goes for 27.400 ( cash 25.500 )

No bad deal, still have to decide 🤫

Woolf
1 hour ago, lv2play said:

I’ve visit the cebu appliance center in Talisay, a very messy dusty place, and they claim that the Crowne compressor is Hitachi, which makes sence.

You should try to go to Echo appliance, just to see what they can offer, they also have a branch in Talisay

street view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.267647,123.843171,3a,75y,329.36h,95.7t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxZIUSLmj6gsMbiIU3XKfow!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

lv2play
57 minutes ago, Woolf said:

You should try to go to Echo appliance, just to see what they can offer, they also have a branch in Talisay

Thanks, i’ve never been there but passed it several times, it’ close to atlantic hardware on southroad

Woolf
1 minute ago, lv2play said:

Thanks, i’ve never been there but passed it several times, it’ close to atlantic hardware on southroad

yes     between atlantic and hi-precision 

SkyMan
3 hours ago, lv2play said:

the reason why i want a non-inverter aircon is gecko’s, i have a lot of them in and around the house.

Seems like there was a discussion a while back on this topic and the critter problem was if the circuit board and contacts were sealed with a  coat of silicone glue or something like that.  Some brands of AC do a better a better job of keeping them out than others as well.  Just a thought.  I don't have an AC but will probably at least need to plan for it in the new house.

lv2play
25 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Seems like there was a discussion a while back on this topic and the critter problem was if the circuit board and contacts were sealed with a  coat of silicone glue or something like that

Can’t remember if i read that but i did read somewhere  that a layer of lanolin might help or even mothballs somewhere in the aircon but i,m sure gecko’s will get use to that after some time.Maybe my wife can consult the quakdoctor but i prefer to go for a low, bit undersized  hp non inverter 

Edited by lv2play
  • Like 1

Ozepete

The other problem with printed circuit boards in a humid environment is moisture. Humidity breaks down the resistance between conductors on the PCB causing eventual arcing and self destruction. We manufacture DC refrigeration systems for yachts and also being used in a humid situation we conformal coat all PCB's with a product called... Elmotherm 009-0008 spray or Elmotherm VA00 Clear. . great stuff.

If I lived in the Phils I would get some and spray all PCB's on all gadgets to protect them. This would eliminate a lot of failures. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
48 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

The other problem with printed circuit boards in a humid environment is moisture. Humidity breaks down the resistance between conductors on the PCB causing eventual arcing and self destruction. We manufacture DC refrigeration systems for yachts and also being used in a humid situation we conformal coat all PCB's with a product called... Elmotherm 009-0008 spray or Elmotherm VA00 Clear. . great stuff.

If I lived in the Phils I would get some and spray all PCB's on all gadgets to protect them. This would eliminate a lot of failures. 

Helpful for laptops?  Does the elmotherm cause or help with heat issues? 

Ozepete
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Helpful for laptops?  Does the elmotherm cause or help with heat issues? 

Yes, the PCB itself usually is not where heat originates from. Heat is usually from components attached proud of the PCB and should not be coated, just the PCB itself  

lv2play

Interesting 

• Like 2

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Ozepete said:

Yes, the PCB itself usually is not where heat originates from. Heat is usually from components attached proud of the PCB and should not be coated, just the PCB itself  

So you have to mask off all the chips?  That might be quite a bit of work.

In the video they just a board and it didn't look like the contacts were masked.  Seems like you wouldn't want to accidentally get any of that on the contacts.

Edited by SkyMan

Ozepete
5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

So you have to mask off all the chips?  That might be quite a bit of work.

In the video they just a board and it didn't look like the contacts were masked.  Seems like you wouldn't want to accidentally get any of that on the contacts.

SM, we mostly use the VA00 clear and paint it on with a brush to avoid contacts etc. You could do the same by spraying 009 0008 into a small container then use a brush to apply.  Main thing is to saturate the PCB to seal it with emphasis on machined edges etc. It is good gear. 

• Like 1