Sign in to follow this  
mistaeric

Mactan Airport Google Reviews

mistaeric

Mactan International Airport got mostly good reviews, but the bad ones stick out. The top one in the 2 or 3 hrs wait for arrivals going thru immigration after midnight. The 2nd one is the P850 terminal exit fee that they were not aware of. And the 3rd was why they confiscating folding compact umbrellas. My flights usually arrive in the mornings so its not that bad for me.

Edited by mistaeric
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Headshot

I try to schedule flights that land sometime during the middle of the day, It just seems like everything in airports operate a little bit smoother then than they do for the late night or early morning flights. But that's just me. I would rather pay a little more for a flight, and have it meet my needs (instead of me having to crank my schedule around to catch a flight with oddball hours). I have done a lot of flying in my life, and comfort and convenience have become more important the older I get. The only way I can ensure that is to find flights that give me what I want, rather than just picking the first flight in the list. The most important part of a trip is in the planning. If you get that wrong, then you will be playing catch-up the rest of the time. You want to avoid hassles at airports? Pay attention to flight takeoff and landing times.

• Like 3

Salty Dog
3 hours ago, mistaeric said:

And the 3rd was why they confiscating folding compact umbrellas.

I assume you're talking about on departures. I can't imagine it would be an issue on arriving flights. 

mistaeric
42 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I assume you're talking about on departures. I can't imagine it would be an issue on arriving flights. 

These are just google reviews of Mactan Airport experiences. So arrivals and departures all included.

• Thanks 1

Ozepete

Well we have used it several times and found it to be very good, even food there was edible!

• Like 3

Jawny
5 hours ago, mistaeric said:

Mactan International Airport got mostly good reviews, but the bad ones stick out. The top one in the 2 or 3 hrs wait for arrivals going thru immigration after midnight. The 2nd one is the P850 terminal exit fee that they were not aware of. And the 3rd was why they confiscating folding compact umbrellas. My flights usually arrive in the mornings so its not that bad for me.

What are google reviews?  Does google have a travel webpage or such devoted to airport reviews or such as that?  

• Thanks 1

mistaeric
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

What are google reviews?  Does google have a travel webpage or such devoted to airport reviews or such as that?  

You will see where it says 1,690 reviews on google after you click on the link..

https://www.google.com/search?q=mactan+airport&rlz=1C1CHBF_enPH825PH843&oq=mactan+airport&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.9732j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Thanks 1

Woolf

international terminal fee have been included in ticket price for tickets bought after sept 1, 2019

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1079001

Edited by Woolf

SkyMan
22 hours ago, Woolf said:

international terminal fee have been included in ticket price for tickets bought after sept 1, 2019

I imagine most of the reviews were done before then.

mistaeric
On 11/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, T.S. said:

Umbrellas are now allowed also...

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1083707

Hmmmm I wonder what the airport did with 1000's of umbrellas they confiscated over the years.

Headshot
6 hours ago, mistaeric said:

Hmmmm I wonder what the airport did with 1000's of umbrellas they confiscated over the years.

I remember, right after 911, the security people were confiscating everybody's fingernail clippers from their carry-on bags. Imagine my surprise when I had cleared security and gone to the gate area, and I found a convenience shop where they had this barrel of assorted fingernail clippers for sale. True story. What do you think they do with the umbrellas?

• Haha 1

SkyMan
On 11/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, Headshot said:

Imagine my surprise when I had cleared security and gone to the gate area, and I found a convenience shop where they had this barrel of assorted fingernail clippers for sale.

Well, but those were 'cleared through security' clippers and not just some off the street clippers.  Who knows what those could contain?

Personally, I'd have found a guard and reported the store for selling terrorism implements.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Haha 1

mistaeric
On 11/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, Woolf said:

I guess Eva Air didn get the memo. I flew today Cebu City  to Taipei and paid P850 terminal fee.

Woolf
10 minutes ago, mistaeric said:

I guess Eva Air didn get the memo. I flew today Cebu City  to Taipei and paid P850 terminal fee.

when did you buy the ticket ??