SkyMan

Yesterday I ordered a few things from Lazada because of their Veterans Day sale. About 11AM I ordered a Makita hammer drill.  I've been relying on a Ryobi cordless it's getting harder and harder to charge batteries for it. As a backup I have a Chinese hammer drill I bought at at Makro 8-9 years ago and it gets stuck in hammer mode.  I have to take it apart to get back to drill mode and one of the screws is stripped.  I also like that the Makita has hammer only mode for chipping tile or whatever.  Just got a call from the delivery guy. So less than 30 hours.  (They usually come a little after lunch.) Nice. That's even faster than the memory chips I've ordered which come in about 2 days. 

Do you have a Dexter?  One great thing about Lazada is they txt you the name of the delivery guy and many of them seem to be assigned to certain areas which makes sense so they know the area and the people who use Lazada. It's a PITA to explain how to get here so after Dexter came a couple times I noticed he wasn't asking for directions and I remembered his name.  Now if a newb is looking for directions I just tell them to ask Dexter and it works like a charm.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3

cookie47

Much the same story, "Dexter" is our regular delivery person and as he has been here on many occasions he texts me about 30 minutes away. We had a parcel a little bigger than a scooter could carry only last week.
I got a text requesting accurate location from the van driver. I've said this before on linC,, as we are seniors Lazada takes a lot of beating..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike Bannister

Yes I use Lazada a bit. I live in the deep provinces of Mindanao and we have had great service from Ninja van who deliver in much the same way as you guys describe. However Lazada continue to use LBC, we pay for door to door delivery and should we see that LBC is the carrier one of two things happens. We never hear of the article again until we get the refund saying the item was not delivered, or we get a phone call saying we need to pick it up 40 kilometres away. I'm in a wheelchair and Cathy is full time Uni so that makes it very expensive as we have to get someone to pick up authorisation take it to LBC and delivery back to us. We have talked to Lazada support and they continue to use a service that makes for a lot of disgruntled customers.

By the way LBC used to be great as well only in the last two years it has gone downhill

Edited by Mike Bannister
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woolf

The delivery guy here is Richard, last year he was using motor bike 

now he got one that looks like this one :

image.png.a391ebd99215cb2cd8de104324f5e767.png:

• Like 2

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, Mike Bannister said:

By the way LBC used to be great as well only in the last two years it has gone downhill

We use Lazada quite a bit living in the province. Some articles come through the Lazada warehouse and others are shipped directly from the seller or manufacturer. So we get shipments from NinjaVan, LBC, and Entrego. The larger items usually come through Entrego. We also order things directly from the seller of items and they come using LBC or AP Cargo.

I do have to agree that LBC delivery service seems to have deteriorated considerably from what it used to be. Unless you track the package, you have no idea when they are coming.

NinjaVan is great there are a couple of drivers that usually deliver here. After the first time for each, we haven't had to supply driving instructions. The company texts early morning, one text for each item being delivered, the driver also texts that he will be delivering and then calls when he arrives at the gate.

• Like 2

bert
2 hours ago, Mike Bannister said:

Yes I use Lazada a bit. I live in the deep provinces of Mindanao and we have had great service from Ninja van who deliver in much the same way as you guys describe. However Lazada continue to use LBC, we pay for door to door delivery and should we see that LBC is the carrier one of two things happens. We never hear of the article again until we get the refund saying the item was not delivered, or we get a phone call saying we need to pick it up 40 kilometres away. I'm in a wheelchair and Cathy is full time Uni so that makes it very expensive as we have to get someone to pick up authorisation take it to LBC and delivery back to us. We have talked to Lazada support and they continue to use a service that makes for a lot of disgruntled customers.

yes v ery slow dont care attitude

bert

also i live in so leyte  entreigo is gettting so fn slow  been here 3 times to my area now they cant deliver 

Mike Bannister

that's what happened with LBC

4 hours ago, bert said:

also i live in so leyte  entreigo is gettting so fn slow  been here 3 times to my area now they cant deliver 

wondersailor

Use Lazada less and less. Use Shopee more and more. I got tired of LBC's games and higher (then Shopee) delivery fees. Plus I have found Shopee merchants cheaper.

• Like 1

Mike Bannister
5 hours ago, wondersailor said:

We love Shopee, but once again the delivery has been patchy, same players, same issues. It's a pity. LBC told us this morning that they can't deliver to us, I asked why, they said isolation. we live lesss than 1km from the main road between two towns they service every day. That road has long stretches of dirt road, we live on a concrete road. We are less isolated than the town they service

Use Lazada less and less. Use Shopee more and more. I got tired of LBC's games and higher (then Shopee) delivery fees. Plus I have found Shopee merchants cheaper.

Cgu

I ordered once a Makita as well, delivery no problem. Checked it - Made in China:angry:.  Quality wasn't bad though.

From then onwards I buy my tools only in shops - even there is very difficult to find tools which are not made in China - at least I check it and I buy it on my choice. Online you cannot see where they are made.

At least for stuff where I want to make sure...other things no problem. 

Most of the time I am not home anyway when they deliver....

RR3
2 hours ago, Cgu said:

I ordered once a Makita as well, delivery no problem. Checked it - Made in China:angry:.  Quality wasn't bad though.

From then onwards I buy my tools only in shops - even there is very difficult to find tools which are not made in China - at least I check it and I buy it on my choice. Online you cannot see where they are made.

My iPhone from Lazada is Made in China. Works ok :cool:

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 11/14/2019 at 1:55 AM, Cgu said:

I really like this drill and it came in a nice case with chisels and masonry bits.  It's heavy and smooth action so I'm glad I didn't buy the heavier model that was twice as much.  Tag says Makita Corp. Japan though I believe really it's assembled in China with Japanese parts.  I like it and for the Vets Day sale it was only p2700 delivered.  Only downside to this drill is that damn German plug.  I don't know who is telling other countries it's ok to send those plugs here but they need to be found out and killed.

Speaking of that sale, I guess I wasn't the only one buying stuff that day.  I got 2 deliveries yesterday.  Yes, Sunday.  And 2 were supposed to come today but only one did and it was here 730PM.  I mentioned the late delivery time and the guy said it was because of the sale.  He said the other item would probably come tomorrow.  No hurry.

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 11/13/2019 at 10:14 AM, RogerDuMond said:

So we get shipments from NinjaVan, LBC, and Entrego. The larger items usually come through Entrego.

How's your experience with Entrego?  I have a package that got 'handed over' to them.  Tracking says it reached the destination hub.  With Lazada, that means delivery the next day.  That was 5 days ago.

Woolf
8 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

How's your experience with Entrego?  I have a package that got 'handed over' to them.  Tracking says it reached the destination hub.  With Lazada, that means delivery the next day.  That was 5 days ago.

same here

been sitting at destination hub for 5+ days  still waiting

Latest Update : Nov-15-2019 02:44 PM

Your package is being processed for delivery.

Nov-15-2019 12:54 AM

Your package has arrived at Destination Hub.

Nov-07-2019 07:18 AM

Your package is in transport from Sortation Center.

Nov-05-2019 05:02 PM

Your package is submitted to carrier.