American arrested for being with a 12 year-old at a resort.

Alan S
I think there are many scenarios that we could come up with as to any law, but there is the letter of the law and the intent of the law

As I posted earlier in this thread, (post 17), that law is open to abuse, and can be used for ways that were not intended. (At least, I hope that wasnt the intent.)

The fact remains that there is a perception that only us evil foreigners abuse children, use prostitutes, or corrupt the Philippine people. (See the statements against the US military excercises recently.)

Despite the occasional case against Filipinos, it (that law) is mainly used against foreigners and I believe you will find that was its intent.

All this means is that none of us can take any chances, or behave as we would "back home" to avoid the risk of being arrested for something that, in our own country, wouldnt be an offence.

(The same appleis elsewhere. In Thailand you dont say anything negative about their Royal Family, whereas in the UK, many do.)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan S

• USMC-Retired

• loosehead

• smokey

Jim Sibbick
None the less, I will not take my daughter out anywhere outside of the subdivision unless my wife is at my side. Hopefully when people's attitudes straighten up around here, I will be able to go out and do stuff with her, but until then, it is my daughter who has to suffer simply because of this shoot first and maybe ask questions later idealism.

-Nick

Sorry I have to disagree as my experience is completely different.

When my daughter was 8, she came to the Philippines to visit me.

We travelled all over the place. Often just the two of us.

Many people asked if she was my daughter. Sometimes I had the feeling they were checking up on me. When I said yes, that was the end of the matter! (except for some Filipinas who decided they would like a daughter just like her!)

For anyone interested, here is a video of our time together

http://www.philippines-experience.com/vide...inivacation.wmv

Regards: Jim

loosehead
Come on... He talked with a 12 year old since she was 10. He came to visit. He then took her to a resort on another Island. No parents or family around. Lets just add this up and you figure out what is going on. He probally has been supporting the family with money they think he is great. They have a large family to feed and house.

I really do not want to snap to judgement however I just wanted to confirm his story.

So here are the facts:

His dad is a Flight instructor and owns an airfield. If alcoholic like he said at age 70 now a DUI would revoke his license.

His Brothers own a sporting goods store in his home town.

His Mother has a nice bread and breakfast in that town for the influx of hunters.

As for him:

He lived in his home time for a while then came to Asia in the 90's to ESL

He has video studio in LA. (shots of little girls are some of his collection in asia)

Poor guy such a broken home. Sorry I do not pity him and with a little research his story is a load of bullshit that he adopted this family because his is so broken.

Sorry no one should ever even think of taking a 12 year old to another Island with out the family. It sounds creepy and probably is. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It probably is a duck.

Also if he is so dumb as to think this behavior was ok he should be jailed because not telling what else he thinks is ok behavior.

Home town Paper

http://www.sigourneynewsreview.com/ Search that city and you will see his whole family tree.

I totally agree.

And to suggest this guy may have been able to avoid being caught if he had read the advice on this forum is just giving him a way of covering up his behaviour. I'm happy he was stupid enough to get caught. Any I hope any sicko child molesters reading this story in the US or anywhere else decide not to go to the philippines.

Lee
I totally agree.

And to suggest this guy may have been able to avoid being caught if he had read the advice on this forum is just giving him a way of covering up his behaviour. I'm happy he was stupid enough to get caught. Any I hope any sicko child molesters reading this story in the US or anywhere else decide not to go to the philippines.

I do not condone his behavior and if he is guilty then they should fry his ass but IMO it is always wrong to convict on what a newspaper might write about what may have happened. I am sure glad most of you are not on the average jury because no one would stand a chance.

Based on what has been written, I think he is guilty too, but remember, it was written by Philippine newspapers before you jump to the conclusions of guilt.

smokey

ok so many think this guy is a sick o child molester who should be drawn and quartered.... what about the guy who thinks he is with a 18 year old and finds out from the police she is really 16 ... and why if the girl is 18 the guy is no longer a sick-o .. Now an 18 year old boyfriend and a 17 year old girl friend are pretty normal if some of you remember that many years ago..... It

aussiedon
ok so many think this guy is a sick o child molester who should be drawn and quartered.... what about the guy who thinks he is with a 18 year old and finds out from the police she is really 16 ... and why if the girl is 18 the guy is no longer a sick-o .. Now an 18 year old boyfriend and a 17 year old girl friend are pretty normal if some of you remember that many years ago..... It
Paul

I believe we are the only species on this planet, where age matters.

samatm

Jim brings up a good point, I have traveled all over the Philippines with my daughter, from the time she was 8-18 never was I concerned, or worried or even give a shit what people think. Funny I never thought of that.

Nick, take your daughter wherever you want don't deprive her of that.

Jim brings up a good point, I have traveled all over the Philippines with my daughter, from the time she was 8-18 never was I concerned, or worried or even give a shit what people think. Funny I never thought of that.

Nick, take your daughter wherever you want don't deprive her of that.

Yes. great posts both of you. Man this guy Kunt checks into a hotel with a 12 year girl??? What the hell is up with that? I can't fathom the stupidity of it all. It sounds like he's a pedo who gained the trust of the family. But but but..

"I'm sorry so sorry." Sing it Brenda Lee. You know his sorry ass is sorry now. I don't want to call him guilty or influence anybody on the case. Because you, I and nobody knows what really happen but Kunts and that little girl.

Edited by Earl
Alan S

I'm glad some of you guys arent on a jury.

Despite the available evidence, you still maintain he is guilty, because some people in that situation WOULD be guilty.

Sure you wouldnt like to form a lynch mob, just to prove your point?

overthere-really

Many guys have learned to measure all men by the actions of the worst just like the feminazis have. That's what has created the post feminist America that Sam has decribed in his last paragraph. That's what some of us are trying to get away from. It serves nobody to bring the attitude that as men we shouldn't be trusted. I'll be leaving those attitudes behind in the US along with all the rest of my useless baggage.

It's no suprise that men are leaving teaching and most other professions that involve kids. It's become a liability. Everybody loses. The irony is that kids have become less safe as they are taught to mistrust all of us. We are prevented from doing one of the things men do best, care for and protect them.

I guess I'll add babysitting to the list of hazardous things to avoid in the Philippines.

Sorry if I've strayed off topic.

Yes. great posts both of you. Man this guy Kunt checks into a hotel with a 12 year girl??? What the hell is up with that? I can't fathom the stupidity of it all. It sounds like he's a pedo who gained the trust of the family. But but but..

"I'm sorry so sorry." Sing it Brenda Lee. You know his sorry ass is sorry now. I don't want to call him guilty or influence anybody on the case. Because you, I and nobody knows what really happen but Kunts and that little girl.

I have checked into all shangri la's Makati, Cebu, edsa, Fridays on boracay on numerous occasions, a real nice place in palawan forget the name, several hotels in Macau, Indonesia, Taiwan,china, Bali, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Saipan, USA, a few places in northern Luzon,

Like I said from 8-18 some times we took one of her friend with us. never once did anyone say anything or imply, ect ect ect. even when I hear about this that didnt come to mind, At the time I though he used poor judgment, so body language circumstance must have a lot to play with it that made the staff uneasy.

Knowing this I still wont change a thing.

I still believe innocent until proven beyond what the Philippine government or news papers have to say before I play judge.

overthere-really
I have checked into all shangri la's Makati, Cebu, edsa, Fridays on boracay on numerous occasions, a real nice place in palawan forget the name, several hotels in Macau, Indonesia, Taiwan,china, Bali, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Saipan, USA, a few places in northern Luzon,

Like I said from 8-18 some times we took one of her friend with us. never once did anyone say anything or imply, ect ect ect. even when I hear about this that didnt come to mind, At the time I though he used poor judgment, so body language circumstance must have a lot to play with it that made the staff uneasy.

Knowing this I still wont change a thing.

I still believe innocent until proven beyond what the Philippine government or news papers have to say before I play judge.

Or someone who felt like getting a jab in on a foreigner, who knows?

Jim Sibbick
I'm glad some of you guys arent on a jury.

Despite the available evidence, you still maintain he is guilty, because some people in that situation WOULD be guilty.

Sure you wouldnt like to form a lynch mob, just to prove your point?

Hello Alan

He is being charged under Republican Act 7610 which makes it an offence to be alone with a minor 12 years old. The offence is being alone with a minor. It is irrelevent what his motives were or whether he did or didn't do anything else.

Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00

Nobody is disputing he was alone in a resort with a 12 year old girl. He seems to have admitted it.

So, he can reasonably expect to spend a long time in prison, regardless of his motives.

I should have also quoted this part

Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty

This covers people being alone with their own children, nieces, nephews, sisters in law etc. It also covers the taxi driver scenario discussed previously.

Regards; Jim

Edited by Jim Sibbick