American arrested for being with a 12 year-old at a resort.

loosehead
So basically, no matter how innocent the guy is, he is screwed.

Under RA 7610 persons found to have accompanied minors not related to them to any entertainment establishment faces the penalty of prison and a P50,000 fine.

I think he will be struggling to get off this one.

Edited by loosehead
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan S

• USMC-Retired

• loosehead

• smokey

USMC-Retired

He is at least guilty of ignorance of the law. So yes he is guilty. He will be handled accordingly. Or so we hope.

tom_shor
So basically, no matter how innocent the guy is, he is screwed.

So they can make a political point.

loosehead

From Philstar:

Sources told reporters that the CLB found sufficient grounds to file criminal charges against the girl

Lee
American wants vacation with girl
Lee

This is just one more reason why people should read forums, because information like this has been posted time and time again and if he had read forums, he would have been aware of the laws and hopefully been smart enough to not have been with a 12 year old.

smokey

this is not worth of taking space in the so called news paper... maybe they should be trying to find out why some guy killed a mother and her two children with a bolo instead of screaming about justice when there is not yet any proof anything has happened...

aussiedon
This is just one more reason why people should read forums, because information like this has been posted time and time again and if he had read forums, he would have been aware of the laws and hopefully been smart enough to not have been with a 12 year old.

So a taxi driver who is picking up a 12 year old from school, sent there by the kids parents, and is pulled over for being with a minor , It obviously doesnt matter if the driver has the consent of the parents.

Lee
So a taxi driver who is picking up a 12 year old from school, sent there by the kids parents, and is pulled over for being with a minor , It obviously doesnt matter if the driver has the consent of the parents.

I think there are many scenarios that we could come up with as to any law, but there is the letter of the law and the intent of the law and I seriously doubt that a taxi driver picking up a kid at school would be within the intent of the law, now if the kid was in the front seat with the driver, then he might have a problem if someone saw them and wanted to make an issue of it.

The information is on forums for people to read, whether they want to disregard it and take their chances, that would then be up to them, but being informed can often prevent problems like this one. Had he read it was illegal, then he would have then made an informed decision and suffered the consequences or decided not to go alone with the child.

.......and Cadillac cafe is still not opened, hmmmm, bad bad bad Cebu! Just take a look at the jolly frog club in Angeles if you want to see filth at it's best, this is a sunday morning cartoon compared to that !

What ever happened to the Cadillac cafe owner?

USMC-Retired

Come on... He talked with a 12 year old since she was 10. He came to visit. He then took her to a resort on another Island. No parents or family around. Lets just add this up and you figure out what is going on. He probally has been supporting the family with money they think he is great. They have a large family to feed and house.

I really do not want to snap to judgement however I just wanted to confirm his story.

So here are the facts:

His dad is a Flight instructor and owns an airfield. If alcoholic like he said at age 70 now a DUI would revoke his license.

His Brothers own a sporting goods store in his home town.

His Mother has a nice bread and breakfast in that town for the influx of hunters.

As for him:

He lived in his home time for a while then came to Asia in the 90's to ESL

He has video studio in LA. (shots of little girls are some of his collection in asia)

Poor guy such a broken home. Sorry I do not pity him and with a little research his story is a load of bullshit that he adopted this family because his is so broken.

Sorry no one should ever even think of taking a 12 year old to another Island with out the family. It sounds creepy and probably is. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It probably is a duck.

Also if he is so dumb as to think this behavior was ok he should be jailed because not telling what else he thinks is ok behavior.

Home town Paper

http://www.sigourneynewsreview.com/ Search that city and you will see his whole family tree.

Edited by USMC-Retired

The example you gave is not what they are stating, sure that is fine. But being alone in a resort in the same room is not!

aussiedon
Come on... He talked with a 12 year old since she was 10. He came to visit. He then took her to a resort on another Island. No parents or family around. Lets just add this up and you figure out what is going on. He probally has been supporting the family with money they think he is great. They have a large family to feed and house.

I really do not want to snap to judgement however I just wanted to confirm his story.

So here are the facts:

His dad is a Flight instructor and owns an airfield. If alcoholic like he said at age 70 now a DUI would revoke his license.

His Brothers own a sporting goods store in his home town.

His Mother has a nice bread and breakfast in that town for the influx of hunters.

As for him:

He lived in his home time for a while then came to Asia in the 90's to ESL

He has video studio in LA. (shots of little girls are some of his collection in asia)

Poor guy such a broken home. Sorry I do not pity him and with a little research his story is a load of bullshit that he adopted this family because his is so broken.

Sorry no one should ever even think of taking a 12 year old to another Island with out the family. It sounds creepy and probably is. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It probably is a duck.

Also if he is so dumb as to think this behavior was ok he should be jailed because not telling what else he thinks is ok behavior.

I agree, the guy must be pretty naive or stupid or something to think that he can take a 12 year old to a resort or anywhere for that matter. You wouldnt do it back home , why would you do it here. I think a lot of "tourists" believe that once they are out of their own country then they can do what they like,

Jim Sibbick
I am lucky I didn't get thrown in jail yesterday. My asawa's youngest sister is visiting. Having too much fun she wanted to play on the escalator while people were trying to get on. She got a light whack on the bottom and pointed toward the car after ignoring requests to stop playing and let people get on. I would in no way be considered a blood relative. Lucky for me the security guard watching it just laughed. (She recovered quickly and stole all my fries at supper, for those of you worried about her.)

She is related so you can be alone with her anytime.

Regards: Jim

smokey

I agree, the guy must be pretty naive or stupid or something to think that he can take a 12 year old to a resort or anywhere for that matter. You wouldnt do it back home , why would you do it here. I think a lot of "tourists" believe that once they are out of their own country then they can do what they like,

why is that so stupid i see lots of foreigners all the time at French market with girls that look pretty young... i saw one pervert talking with a girl in a high school uniform...