American arrested for being with a 12 year-old at a resort.

Jim Sibbick
Hmmmm...I didn't read it that way, but again the whole code is not provided. So, if you say I am covered, then good...I don't have to bring a lawyer with me when I go to the Fils....at least not for this particular law...hahaha!

Here is the whole code for you then

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno7610.html

Regards: Jim

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan S

• USMC-Retired

• loosehead

• smokey

Paul

I could be wrong here, but, in my opinion, the guy simply didn't use good judgment, which has been stated by others already. He should have had the entire family there with them. Period.

Has anyone seen anything further about this case since my original posting of it? I haven't found anything else.

Let's not get all moralistic on this guy. There's girls getting pregnant at that age in the states and guess what, they know exactly what they want. Heck, you can even get married at 12 in at least one state if you got parental permission and this guy had it.

So worst case, if the parents were ok with it, the girl was ok with it and he was there, then no foul. Maybe they spend their time going after political corruption with the same gusto.

Oh yeah and before anyone throws it back at me: if I had a 12 year old girl and I was impressed with a man enough to let my daughter go away with him, then I'd be ok with it, but for me, I wouldn't let my daughter do that, but that is just me.

Oh yeah and it's all about protecting the kids, right? Never mind.

Kids don't need to be protected, parents need to care more about their kids and what they do instead of getting more money.

Alan S

One interesting view of the law is:

(Letting a foreigner bring along a minor, even with the consent of the parents, is prohibited by law

That implies that it would be OK if the guy was not a foreigner.

Here is the whole code for you then

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno7610.html

Regards: Jim

Well I read through it. I guess since the title of the Act relates to "Children" and they define children to be anyone under 18 years old, I am safe hanging out with my 30 year old GF. There is no specific exclusion of my above scenario however, so we have to assume common sense applies.

But, if a 17.9 year old girl (or boy) is cleaning my hotel room with me and my GF in there watching TV, God help us!

One interesting view of the law is:

That implies that it would be OK if the guy was not a foreigner.

The only mention of foreigners as it relates to this law is -

"(d) When the offender is a foreigner, he shall be deported immediately after service of sentence and forever barred from entry to the country;"

So, seems the law equally applies to everyone...at least as written...maybe not as enforced. Apparently the cops feel this only applies to Big Bad White Guys.

I like how all references to the offender are in the male case. Either it's assumed to be neuter in terms of interpretation by the courts, or women are allowed to commit these crimes. In which case God help me only, in my hotel cleaning scenario. LOL

My wife asked me the other day...

"Honey, why don't you and A

tom_shor
I like how all references to the offender are in the male case. Either it's assumed to be neuter in terms of interpretation by the courts, or women are allowed to commit these crimes. In which case God help me only, in my hotel cleaning scenario. LOL

When I was in school we had a term for a teen aged boy who had relations with an older woman. Lucky [email protected]###rd. George Carlin

sam12six
When I was in school we had a term for a teen aged boy who had relations with an older woman. Lucky [email protected]###rd. George Carlin

Yep. This is one of the almost universal double standards:

Teenage boy with older woman = lucky

Teenage girl with older man = victim

None the less, I will not take my daughter out anywhere outside of the subdivision unless my wife is at my side. Hopefully when people's attitudes straighten up around here, I will be able to go out and do stuff with her, but until then, it is my daughter who has to suffer simply because of this shoot first and maybe ask questions later idealism.

-Nick

Well, I'd like to suggest that either a) you have a distant relationship with your daughter or b) she isn't really your daughter.

I say this because a father/child relationship is special and easily recognizable to most filipinos. First off there is the mutual love and affection, but secondly there are the look. People recognize those things and I never had a problem going out with either of my kids in the Philippines. First off, they look like me(and obvious kano/fil mixes), but secondly they call me daddy when I am out and we have an easily recognizable relationship and bond.

But all that is moot if you really have a close relationship with your daughter. Take her out sometime as her father. Hint: Girls need their fathers more than anything else.

Edited by Admin
disabled emoticons for this post - paul

What a bunch of old tuba! We haven't got a clue about what happened except that the family trusted this guy. Bantayan Island has some very nice people there (regardless of what PIRider's experience may be). The guy took the girl to one of the resorts, he wasn't related to her so the resort staff informed the police. I don't really have a problem with that. What I do wonder about is the family not showing up at some point. They were going to join them later? How much later?

As to a medical examiner finding she had a tear in her hymen. Okay, that could be sexual activity. Or it could have been a ride on horse or caribou, a bicycle, doing the splits, or whatever. And this is the Philippines. If the police chief leans over and whispers in the examiner's ear, guess what will happen! If he has been a family friend for years as the family claimed, it may simply be getting too comfortable on an island where the natives actually like kanos for the most part.

If he was boffing her and paying for it by putting the other kids in the family through school, then he needs to go to prison. But I really don't get that feeling here. There are underage girls getting preggers on Bantayan, but the vast majority of them have full blooded Pinoy children. I will guess this guy simply got to feeling like one of the family and forgot to check the mirror.

I am lucky I didn't get thrown in jail yesterday. My asawa's youngest sister is visiting. Having too much fun she wanted to play on the escalator while people were trying to get on. She got a light whack on the bottom and pointed toward the car after ignoring requests to stop playing and let people get on. I would in no way be considered a blood relative. Lucky for me the security guard watching it just laughed. (She recovered quickly and stole all my fries at supper, for those of you worried about her.)

loosehead

EMOTIONS ran high among the parents of the girl who stayed with an American tourist in a Sta. Fe town resort last week after they refused to turn her over to the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Central Visayas (DSWD-7) office yesterday.

The father cried as he begged social workers of Sta. Fe to reconsider, saying he and his wife didn

USMC-Retired

The Plot thickens and is not looking good for him

EMOTIONS ran high among the parents of the girl who stayed with an American tourist in a Sta. Fe town resort last week after they refused to turn her over to the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Central Visayas (DSWD-7) office yesterday.

The father cried as he begged social workers of Sta. Fe to reconsider, saying he and his wife didn

USMC-Retired

American wants vacation with girl

Alan S

So basically, no matter how innocent the guy is, he is screwed.

loosehead

We were staying at Alaminos near hundred islands and there was an aussie guy in his 40's there with a 13 year old filipina. My wife spoke to the kid and I later confronted him in the restaurant. The management was keen to avoid a scene so we (three couples) checked put and went to another hotel after letting them know what we thought of their tolerant attitude to paedophiles.