American arrested for being with a 12 year-old at a resort.

Anybody suggesting that having a GF or wife or just a casual encounter with somebody older than 18 is illegal, is not only living in a dream world, he/she is also dead wrong. Get a life.

Very convenient that the girl is only 12, the whole thing is half true and as usual a setup. Never heard of diving on that island.

The worst are the locals (as everywhere in Asia), believe it or not, foreigners are only used for strategic disorientation and many jump on it as usal, house wife/soccer mom mentality, wake up guys, only the women have the hormon stuff going on.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan S

• USMC-Retired

• loosehead

• smokey

Alan S

Two points.

That law has ONLY ever been used against foreigners, never against a Filipino.

Secondly. Some years ago an expat living in Pampanga province where he worked for a US company, got friendly with some of his neighbours.

One day one of them asked him to have their daughter around to keep an eye on her whilst they went out. Not long afterwards, the police arrived and arrested him, threatening to charge him under that law.

He told them that the parents had asked him to "baby-sit" their daughter, which the parents promptly denied.

It was soon made clear that the options were, legal charges and prosecution or a substantial "donation".

Now, that is obviously NOT the case here, but it does show that it is impossible, or very risky, to have even the most innocent contact with anyone under 18.

Markham
the whole thing is half true and as usual a setup.

And that's a fact, is it? Unless you have proof that it's a setup, you can't state it as a fact. You may, of course, suspect that's the case or it may be, in your opinion, a setup. Opinions should not be confused with facts!

loosehead

Lets all line up in support of the paedophile scum with the unfortunate surname.

I can't think of any circumstances where it is appropriate for a kano to be checking in to a resort with a 12 year old girl. Arrogant turd is just thumbing his nose at the local laws and the laws of decency. I wouldn't be surprised if it was other resort guests who blew the whistle.

Lock him up with the shabu addicts and gangbangers.

smokey
Lets all line up in support of the paedophile scum with the unfortunate surname.

I can't think of any circumstances where it is appropriate for a kano to be checking in to a resort with a 12 year old girl. Arrogant turd is just thumbing his nose at the local laws and the laws of decency. I wouldn't be surprised if it was other resort guests who blew the whistle.

not everyone is a frigging pervert ... sounds like someone has a guilty perverted thought about children.. i personally would not allow myself to be in this type of bull,, but just because your nice to a young person dont mean your a pervert... i guess if the child was a male then the guy would be a gay .. no wonder the world is getting to be such a shitty place .

Bet_Busta
Two points.

That law has ONLY ever been used against foreigners, never against a Filipino.

Looks like you're not aware of the Congressman Jalosjos story:

http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Romeo_Jalosjos

Part of the report is:

The girl was later examined by the town's health officer who found a laceration in her vagina.

Additional details should hve been stated if fresh or old.

Bantayan island sucks anyway, only Drunk foreigners and pedophiles there!

Oh and the island of crappy resorts!

Edited by PiRider
smokey
Looks like you're not aware of the Congressman Jalosjos story:

http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Romeo_Jalosjos

Part of the report is:

The girl was later examined by the town's health officer who found a laceration in her vagina.

Additional details should hve been stated if fresh or old.

Maybe I am wrong but these are the same people ... who said the women who said smith raped her and she was a virgin.... The problem here is these announcements are often made to fit what they already want to believe...

bikerdave
Yes, but the rule only applies if the girls are also under-age.

When I read the article,there was no mention of the 10 years your junior rule. Unfortunately I cant remember where I read it. Not mentioning the minor part is what grabbed my attention as my better half is 15 yrs my junior. Im married for 10yrs so I guess im covered anyhow "now"

Alan S

I do like to see someone with a moderate view, and who adopts the "innocent until proven guilty" approach! lol

Now lets see.

Some years ago, a couple I know got divorced, and soon after, the wife had to go into hospital.

The children, of whom she had custody, obviously couldnt be left alone, so I took them for a few days holiday.

I guess according to you that makes me the same as the guy mentioned.

Have you NEVER been alone with the children of friends, neighbours, or anyone else underage?

Such a law is all too easy to break, for many completely innocent reasons.

I will accept the statement in the OP that, "I don't believe that she was abused "

until there is evidence to the contrary.

kar wren

....Sighs....It is really important to be very careful when making judgements. (Just saying.)

Cebuned

I just want to say, what scares me most is the fact that, I enjoy very much spending time with my nieces and nephews. They are my wifes brothers and sisters children, and I love them like my own. I take them often on day trips to the beach and sometimes to the city to shop. It's not uncommon for us to spend the night in Cebu City, after a long day of sight seeing and shopping, before our trip back to Toledo City. God forbid they accused me of doing something wrong for just spending a night with my own relatives in a hotel or where ever....

And trust me, this big white cano, looks nothing like my nieces and nephews from my wifes side of the family.

If the guy was just being innocent and careing to the family, I hope things work out for him. If he had those other nasty intentions, God can only save him.

kar wren
If the guy was just being innocent and careing to the family, I hope things work out for him. If he had those other nasty intentions, God can only save him.

I pray for the same too!

USMC-Retired
I pray for the same too!

Poor Judgment none the less. He checked into a hotel with a 12 year old. Not a relative. That is enough to warrant an investigation. That is a stupid move on his part. No matter if the parents were coming later.

He is 41 and she is 12 and they check into a hotel? There is something wrong with this guy and his thinking. When you have a two people of the opposite sex check into ta hotel room alone what do you think is happening. Lets be real here. I really do not care what the girl or the family says.

Innocent of what? Raping her? His conduct is sickening and his thinking is outrageous.

Alan S

Cebuned, I was about to say that what you do is against the law, but I checked first and found, "That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity " which I believe covers your situation.

(Although I'm not 100% sure)

Interestingly, the act also states that, <it is an offence...to>

Being in a community where there is armed conflict or being affected by armed conflict-related activities;

Living in or fending for themselves in the streets of urban or rural areas without the care of parents or a guardian or basic services needed for a good quality of life;

and much more that is commonplace in the Philippines.