Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

SM ACE 5% surcharge and adhering to "lowest indicated price" law

lamoe

Couple of days ago bought some painting supplies - handed over Visa Debt card - cashier was kind enough to point out 5% extra CC charge - P5 no biggie P250 a biggy

Had to go back today for concrete sealer for Bohol upstairs CR - UGL 1 gal / 4 L  - showed P1699 - OK close to the brand I never heard of - at checkout P3299 WTF? - clerk went back to check - bar code good, price changed - came back with new price label on can.

"Still want sir?" - yep at P1699 - back and forth a little - no yelling or getting mad  - did reference "lowest indicated price" law  several times - mgr came over - said same to her - "he's right " she authorized P1600 discount.

Before anyone blasts me for taking advantage of an error - Tata went back with clerk - several more cans marked the same - she said they were dusty on top -  with price labels peeling off -  same as mine - old stock just not relabeled - the error was not increasing all the price labels

SkyMan
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

5% extra CC charge

Never had that but I believe it's illegal.  It's ok to offer a cash discount but the advertised price is what you are supposed to pay, even with CC.  And if the banks find out they're doing that, they could lose their ability to accept CCs.

lamoe
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Never had that but I believe it's illegal.  It's ok to offer a cash discount but the advertised price is what you are supposed to pay, even with CC.  And if the banks find out they're doing that, they could lose their ability to accept CCs.

Don't remember written explanation but I did see something about exchange fee

SkyMan
4 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Don't remember written explanation but I did see something about exchange fee

I'm sometimes asked if I want to charge pesos or dollars.  Never pay on dollars.  The exchange rate is BDO's carp rate.

• Like 1