lamoe

Never shuts off lights, TV, radio

Woolf
13 minutes ago, lamoe said:

stair edge strips - almost broke my a$$ one time

same same

I often have socks on indoor (do not use slippers)

• Like 1

lamoe

Had a talk today about our CR in Bohol - There will be a

1. Ventilation fan - CR downstairs has louvered window and of course mold on ceiling along with mosquitoes

2.  2" / 5Cm rise from shower area - at back of room - to commode / sink area

3. Hot water heater

4. Shower curtain - I hate wet CR floor / toilet seat

5. Decent mirror

6. Sprayer bun blaster - pressure too low to activate the in seat one downstairs

7. Supply of TP kept in our BR - roll in DS CR always empty -  tried keeping downstairs - sorry out of stock :taz:

8. 13 W LED for shaving

9. Real CR floor mat  - same smooth tiles used on stairs - I'll cut truck bed mat - better than crap sold as bath map

10. Soap dish w/drain pad / towel bar / hooks on door

No TV but maybe water resistant Bluetooth speaker :dance2:

GBT62

yeah I gave up trying - got 2 Google Home Mini's on Lazada - about $40 each ....and a few Wifi powerpoints and bulbs for like $15 each - and Wifi A/C controller. I don't have to get up to turn it all off any more - nor be at home to do so....

All works great until Globe goes down for 2 weeks at a time :lol:

lamoe

Explained about night air being same level as A/C  and sleeping in A/C'd room really dries out nose.

Our BR faces East, have installed 2 M x 2 1/2M sun curtain of heavy tarp that can be raised after sun passed overhang

image.thumb.png.a9db4fe891189bf5b394264da834a04b.png

SkyMan
On 11/7/2019 at 4:49 PM, lamoe said:

My parents were kids during Depression era so "waste not - want not" was a prime rule.

Word.  Actually, in my house though, it was more...

A penny saved is a penny earned.   -Ben Franklin

I think we're slowly coming together on this.  I had to put it in terms she could relate to.  The first step was to get her to realize that electricity use is money.  The more you use, the faster the meter turns, the bigger the bill.  Then I pointed out she wants to go on trips.  Palawan, Thailand, the US.  Those are big ticket items and small expenses aren't really going to affect that immediately but little bits and little bits add up to delaying those bigger things.

• Like 1

Paddy
22 hours ago, lamoe said:

Real CR floor mat  - same smooth tiles used on stairs - I'll cut truck bed mat - better than crap sold as bath map

You can buy tiles with a slip-resistant surface. Perhaps a little nicer than something that came out of the back of a truck?😀

3A2A06C1-DDA8-45D2-85E0-A9275D66F7BB.jpeg.1e1dd73ed3192f66fe4deadd4f80c14d.jpeg

The striped tile is glossy finish and on the wall (sorry for the pic orientation).  The beige tile has a sort of granular finish and is used on the floor - including the floor of the shower. It is very effective in preventing slips. 

• Like 2

lamoe
Just now, Paddy said:

You can buy tiles with a slip-resistant surface. Perhaps a little nicer than something that came out of the back of a truck?😀

3A2A06C1-DDA8-45D2-85E0-A9275D66F7BB.jpeg.1e1dd73ed3192f66fe4deadd4f80c14d.jpeg

The striped tile is glossy finish and on the wall (sorry for the pic orientation).  The beige tile has a sort of granular finish and is used on the floor - including the floor of the shower. It is very effective in preventing slips. 

Thanks - they've already bought tiles  - it's her parent's house -

Paddy

Buy some more if they bought glossy. You only need a few. 
Shower slips really suck as you get older...

lamoe
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Buy some more if they bought glossy. You only need a few. 
Shower slips really suck as you get older...

Have waterproof shower  'no slip strips' don't work also a mat that's the same as my mulicab bed liner

wondersailor

Why not cheap rubber flip flops? Simple, easy, cheap,.works for me

lamoe
28 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Why not cheap rubber flip flops? Simple, easy, cheap,.works for me

That's what I had on when took a header (backer?) on just mopped stairs - have added ribbed edge metal strips

SkyMan
7 hours ago, lamoe said:

Have waterproof shower

That's a cool trick.   The black rubber (I think they're a type of neoprene) degrade over time.  I suspect you'll be walking out of the shower with black bottom feet after a while.

• Like 1

wondersailor
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

That's what I had on when took a header (backer?) on just mopped stairs - have added ribbed edge metal strips

Your right there, wet slick tile is a killer. Only solution I know will work is my girlfriend yelling at the top of her lungs "I just mopped there !!!!!". Puts a fear in me as I retreat and hide out in the bedroom. She sounds like she is 9 feet tall and not the 5 feet.she really is.

• Haha 2

lamoe
4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Your right there, wet slick tile is a killer. Only solution I know will work is my girlfriend yelling at the top of her lungs "I just mopped there !!!!!". Puts a fear in me as I retreat and hide out in the bedroom. She sounds like she is 9 feet tall and not the 5 feet.she really is.

Need one like mine    "you wait my love - I dry floor for you"

Hon I'm taking a shower right now :ROFLMAO:

Early ferry to Bohol - she informed me yesterday afternoon that workers coming to do our CR -    this morning!!!

So of course we have to be there :sad_01: which is OK, since I'm paying and I want it the way I want it - if possible :cool:

• Like 1

Paddy
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

I want it the way I want it - if possible

Good luck with that!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1