Jump to content
lamoe

Never shuts off lights, TV, radio

Recommended Posts

lamoe

I know it happens everywhere at one time or another but have noticed she will leave several on at the same time - CR room light, bedroom light / fan, kitchen (3) lights , TV, radio  while texting / talking on phone 

That is not an exaggeration

Spent 10 days at their family's homes in  Bohol - same - not just the kids  - adults also

How common is this? Her family or rather general?

My parents were kids during Depression era so "waste not - want not" was a prime rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

light and noise keep the ungo away

same with an apple a day keeps the doctor away, that is if you can hit him

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
22 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I know it happens everywhere at one time or another but have noticed she will leave several on at the same time - CR room light, bedroom light / fan, kitchen (3) lights , TV, radio  while texting / talking on phone 

That is not an exaggeration

Spent 10 days at their family's homes in  Bohol - same - not just the kids  - adults also

How common is this? Her family or rather general?

My parents were kids during Depression era so "waste not - want not" was a prime rule.

yea.. but they never had 3 WATT bulbs back in the middle ages.  Can't believe it.. 3 watts. I think the biggest bulbs I'm buying now are 18 watts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
Just now, to_dave007 said:

yea.. but they never had 3 WATT bulbs back in the middle ages.  Can't believe it.. 3 watts. I think the biggest bulbs I'm buying now are 18 watts.

True but 18 watt LEDs? are equivalent to 150 W incandescent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
battleborn

Funny, and when they leave the house they unplug everything, including the refrigerator.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
12 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Funny, and when they leave the house they unplug everything, including the refrigerator.

We had a "discussion" about that  - everything BUT the refrigerator is OK:taz:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

Most of the folks around us, if they have an electrical service, have one light and one or two sockets. If you grow up like this and then live in a place with switches and sockets everywhere, you’re probably not going to think about them the same way we do. 
We all probably grew up in houses with all, or some, mod cons and our parents taught us to switch off things when not in use. 
I also have trouble getting my partner to remember to close the door when the aircon is on. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

also have trouble getting my partner to remember to close the door when the aircon is on. 😀

I got the same problem, 

I'm already in bed, aircon on, nice and cool. Wife enters,, "I'm having my shower" no problem, walks out 

Leaves door open. AHHHHH. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

closing the doors when aircon is on. has never been a problem in this house

also turning off light not really a problem

at the dirty kitchen I have installed an IR motion sensor, light on auto and turns off after a delay when no motion detected

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
11 hours ago, battleborn said:

Funny, and when they leave the house they unplug everything, including the refrigerator.

Well power surge is the reason i was givin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
On 11/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, cookie47 said:

I got the same problem, 

I'm already in bed, aircon on, nice and cool. Wife enters,, "I'm having my shower" no problem, walks out 

Leaves door open. AHHHHH. 

Maybe she's wanting you to follow her?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
On 11/7/2019 at 4:49 PM, lamoe said:

How common is this?

I have the exact opposite here, I walk out of a room to get something and by the time I get back, somebody has turned the light off.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

Also had the talk about A/C controls

High / low cooling and 3 speeds of fan vs setting temp at18C to make room at 28C  get cooler faster

Walked into our Bohol bedroom one time and temp was at 19C = 66F (she forgot to check on it) :snowflakes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
5 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Also had the talk about A/C controls

High / low cooling and 3 speeds of fan vs setting temp at18C to make room at 28C  get cooler faster

Walked into our Bohol bedroom one time and temp was at 19C = 66F (she forgot to check on it) :snowflakes:

Louvered windows and ½ inch gap under the door that is going to cost $$$$$$$$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
Just now, Woolf said:

Louvered windows and ½ inch gap under the door that is going to cost $$$$$$$$

Yep - had sliding / lockable window installed in our BR also real screen door -  and used towels under doors  - I stained / sealed the 7 main interior doors last time there (bored cause no net), used cardboard under doors for drips - some have the 1/2"  - some so close couldn't get cardboard under door

This time at night I set a floor fan on my balcony table / opened window (had screen installed) / got so cool had to use blanket (sheet :db:) - it's on 2nd floor - explained about "whole house fan" but our room is the only one with screens

Also defrosted freezer when I noticed door wouldn't close right - maybe the 1/2" ice on walls was the reason?

They had a hand towel  on side that would get trapped - moved to front of lower door:cool:

Installed 2 ceiling fans and stair edge strips - almost broke my a$$ one time cause kid washing them but didn't dry them (smooth of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..