YOGAVNTURE

Moalboal construction should I get materials from Cebu City

Headshot
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

I assume that you are talking about 12 volt electric stock fencing, because high powered electric fencing is illegal.

Of course. I can't imagine using anything else.

CardiacKid

Don't forget if you plan to use dogs for security. They MUST be trained not to accept food from anyone but you and your family. Poisoning a dog is as simple as MSG, Aji-No-Moto, placed in a pan de sal. Thrown over the fence at night, most dogs will eat it. It causes a slow, lingering death. 

• Like 1

RR3

And the sky will fall down... Dont listen to these dooms day speculations. People actually live here. Murphy was totally wrong. Build Your house as You want and be happy :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YOGAVNTURE
21 hours ago, RR3 said:

And the sky will fall down... Dont listen to these dooms day speculations. People actually live here. Murphy was totally wrong. Build Your house as You want and be happy :cool:

thanks rr3. my main fear is regarding my Filipina. what happens when her family members get sick and die. who will need to pay for that. me?  i have told her we need to have separate lives. im not married to her.......we are freinds.. shes doing me a favor by being caretaker and i m doing her a favor by financing a projectt...............so we are both benefiting ............but i want to keep our lives separate..... i know of another caretaker in the area that sued the owner of the land after her husband caretaker died........ i dont want problems but i cant pay for every relative of the caretaker when they get sick . in phillipines they all have ten cousins and etc............i cant pay for them all...............i often wonder how foeigners deal with this issue when they marry a filipino...............then they have to pay for all the relatives when they get sick?

YOGAVNTURE
4 hours ago, CardiacKid said:

Don't forget if you plan to use dogs for security. They MUST be trained not to accept food from anyone but you and your family. Poisoning a dog is as simple as MSG, Aji-No-Moto, placed in a pan de sal. Thrown over the fence at night, most dogs will eat it. It causes a slow, lingering death. 

my land is very rural , no neighbors except on next hiil top....... only some crop land around me.  but i do know in the past some drug dealers lived nearby. the cops had a raid and cleaned them out but one cop died. this was years ago. i dont know the extent of crime in rural areas. but what i do know is work hard  REALLY HARD TO BE FREINDS WITH NEIGHBORS. THEN WE WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER. 

CardiacKid
1 hour ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

my land is very rural , no neighbors except on next hiil top....... only some crop land around me.  but i do know in the past some drug dealers lived nearby. the cops had a raid and cleaned them out but one cop died. this was years ago. i dont know the extent of crime in rural areas. but what i do know is work hard  REALLY HARD TO BE FREINDS WITH NEIGHBORS. THEN WE WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER. 

They are your best security. I cultivated relationships with my neighbors in Cebu and never had a problem. I'm not talking about being an ATM. However, small amounts of money for school graduations and barangay fiestas are noticed. Too much, and you're thought of with contempt. Your partner will be your best guide on this. 

• Like 1

Headshot
18 hours ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

thanks rr3. my main fear is regarding my damme. what happens when her family members get sick and die. who will need to pay for that. me?  i have told her we need to have separate lives. im not married to her.......we are freinds.. shes doing me a favor by being caretaker and i m doing her a favor by financing a projectt...............so we are both benefiting ............but i want to keep our lives separate..... i know of another caretaker in the area that sued the owner of the land after her husband caretaker died........ i dont want problems but i cant pay for every relative of the caretaker when they get sick . in phillipines they all have ten cousins and etc............i cant pay for them all...............i often wonder how foeigners deal with this issue when they marry a filipino...............then they have to pay for all the relatives when they get sick?

With a wife, it is fairly easy. You sit down with her and explain how your finances can deal with the needs of your nuclear family (you, your wife and any children) or it can deal with the needs of extended family. That usually convinces her that, if she favors her extended family over you, that at you will no longer be able to support her and any children. With her immediate family, it isn't quite that simple.

With the situation you have set up with her, it becomes much more problematic. You have basically told her that you don't want an emotional relationship with her, so she is likely to see your relationship as strictly business. In other words. she is the sole owner of a property that you are willing to voluntarily and continually pour more money into. It is likely that if you stop pouring money into the property (increasing its value), then she will have no further need of your services.

In other words, she can sell the property at that point to cover any expenses that her extended family has, including health or greed issues. You likely have absolutely no protection under the law because you are not married to her (unless she has signed a notarized promissory note to you that is big enough to cover any amount that she could ever expect to get out of a sale). BTW, a promissory note can't be used between a husband and wife (partly because other protections are in place).

to_dave007
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

It is likely that if you stop pouring money into the property (increasing its value), then she will have no further need of your services.

But she will likely say thank you.

Hopefully.  for OP's single female "friend"...  when OP stops putting money into the property.. she will have found a husband or loving boyfriend to share it with. 

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

YOGAVNTURE
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

But she will likely say thank you.

Hopefully.  for OP's single female "friend"...  when OP stops putting money into the property.. she will have found a husband or loving boyfriend to share it with. 

she is married with three kids. i dont know the husband much as he dont speak english..  i am hoping you are wrong im getting a 25 or 50 year lease on the land when i get thier soon. we didnt make lease agreement before because land wasnt secure. now ive been googling it and google says that filipinos have had luck getting out of land lease agreements........if you would have read the previous threads you would have read she is married. 

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

With a wife, it is fairly easy. You sit down with her and explain how your finances can deal with the needs of your nuclear family (you, your wife and any children) or it can deal with the needs of extended family. That usually convinces her that, if she favors her extended family over you, that at you will no longer be able to support her and any children. With her immediate family, it isn't quite that simple.

With the situation you have set up with your "damme", it becomes much more problematic. You have basically told her that you don't want an emotional relationship with her, so she is likely to see your relationship as strictly business. In other words. she is the sole owner of a property that you are willing to voluntarily and continually pour more money into. It is likely that if you stop pouring money into the property (increasing its value), then she will have no further need of your services.

In other words, she can sell the property at that point to cover any expenses that her extended family has, including health or greed issues. You likely have absolutely no protection under the law because you are not married to her (unless she has signed a notarized promissory note to you that is big enough to cover any amount that she could ever expect to get out of a sale). BTW, a promissory note can't be used between a husband and wife (partly because other protections are in place).

i know of a freind in area that owns land as he started a company. and his suggestion to me was to just get a long term lease .yes i know at the end of the lease she gets it.  i will be 104 years old at that date. 

YOGAVNTURE
17 hours ago, Headshot said:

With the situation you have set up with your "damme", it becomes much more problematic. You have basically told her that you don't want an emotional relationship with her, so she is likely to see your relationship as strictly business. In other words. she is the sole owner of a property that you are willing to voluntarily and continually pour more money into. It is likely that if you stop pouring money into the property (increasing its value), then she will have no further need of your services.

SOON WE go to lawyer and sign an agreement between me and her. we didnt do it before because we had not secured land. now we have. so its time.  i will get long term lease and most probably agree to just give her the whole property upon my death.  that is what we have discussed.  now i understand their are some nay sayers here.  but thier are good people in the world.  and im sure it can work somehow.  a foreigner can from what i understand have a 50 year lease and also a 25 year further option beyond that. if i secure a 50 year lease i will be over 106 years old when it expires.  i dont expect to live over 105.    now im unsure if  i should go to same lawyer we have been using to secure the land or not.  but am i the first foreigner to get a land and house based on a 5o year lease??  it must be workable somehow.............i thinking about buying a bit more land nearby . im trying to figure out a way that she is financially independant from me yet still my caretaker......maybe the nearby land we find another foreigner she can be caretaker for.  heres the bottom line. i believe in the future if she has a good reputation and has a track record of trust. would a foreigner come in from the outside and possibly buy a land and house based on the 25 or 50 year lease idea. if so that would be a way she could become independant from me..............i dont really accept the notion that once i stop pouring money in she will dump me.   you dont know me. you dont know her.  how can you speculate.  if i decided to help a poor woman out of poverty isnt it possible she will be grateful and appreciate it?  instead of greedy.  any advise on the long term lease i need to execute would be appreciated. something about a promissary note??????  all i can do is get the best lawyer i know in area and have him work something out between her and my self . we are gonna live on the land...........i think we will get along if i respect her.  your saying this scenerio is nt possible>>>???

Woolf

http://www.lexmundi.com/images/lexmundi/practicegroups/realestate/survey4/philippines.pdf

The maximum term of a lease of land to Philippine nationals is 99 years.

The maximum term of a lease of land to non-Philippine nationals is 25 years, renewable for another 25 years (Presidential Decree No. 471(1974). Under certain conditions, if the lease is made under the Investors’ Lease Act (Republic Act No. 7652 (1994)), the lease may be for a term of 50 years, renewable for another 25 years.

• Like 1

to_dave007

This thread seems to be about 2 subjects.. or more.  and the original thread subject seems to have been lost.

On the subject of buying materials in City vs Moalboal.. I think the subject has been well answered by knowledgeable members.

On the subject of buying land and building a house for a married lady "friend"..  I most definitely wouldn't do it, and I will offer no further advice, as I don't think OP cares to listen. 

Geez.. even fencing a 1 hectare lot. (Shaking my head)

Also.. I note that OP is a new member for just a few days.. and has posted 15 to 17 times, in just this one thread, while moving the subject matter quite a bit.  I'm starting to question if this is a form of entertainment for him.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

YOGAVNTURE
11 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

This thread seems to be about 2 subjects.. or more.  and the original thread subject seems to have been lost.

On the subject of buying materials in City vs Moalboal.. I think the subject has been well answered by knowledgeable members.

On the subject of buying land and building a house for a married lady "friend"..  I most definitely wouldn't do it, and I will offer no further advice, as I don't think OP cares to listen. 

Geez.. even fencing a 1 hectare lot. (Shaking my head)

Also.. I note that OP is a new member for just a few days.. and has posted 15 to 17 times, in just this one thread, while moving the subject matter quite a bit.  I'm starting to question if this is a form of entertainment for him.

SORRY  dave i understand ive moved it from construction to the trust issue.  i apologize for that. its just what is on my mind.  yes the question of cebu city versus moalboal materials has been answered so i wont post here anymore on this subject.  thanks for letting me know maybe i will start a thread in another area about using a Filipina to get land.  thanks for letting me know.  im just trying to become educated not entertained. bye

8 hours ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

SORRY  dave i understand ive moved it from construction to the trust issue.  i apologize for that. its just what is on my mind.  yes the question of cebu city versus moalboal materials has been answered   thanks for letting me know maybe i will start a thread in another area about using a damme to get land.  thanks for letting me know.  im just trying to become educated not entertained.   THANKS FOR EVERYONE GIVING ME INFO ON BUILDING .    I WONT SPEAK OF THE OTHER ISSUE HERE ANYMORE.  ONLY THE CONSTRUCTION PART OF IT.  THANKS DAVE!