Moalboal construction should I get materials from Cebu City

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

but im getting old

At 74, I don't do much of any work myself, but I plan the things and hand it off to get it done.

• Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YOGAVNTURE

• RogerDuMond

• to_dave007

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd drop out of sabbatical for a bit to post on this.  I think you're getting a bit cart before the horse here.  What is your ultimate plan and priorities?  I assume a house eventually?  Do yo

Pricing in Simala Sibonga Cebu:   10 mm Deformed Bar -       127 php 9 mm Defromed Bar-          50 php 3 Cubic Dolomite-               1150 php 3 Cubic Finishing-           

I can't even imagine putting a block wall around a hectare of land. Minimally, you are talking about 400 linear meters of wall. If you are talking about a two-meter high wall (which would also be mini

Posted Images

I’ve used bamboo fencing as a start to be sure the nearby residents get the message of property lines.  It was an inexpensive way to get started and provided a little bit of security. Replaced later with hollow block fencing. 

As to how hard can it be.....it’s going to need some degree of knowledge of strengths of the materials and such.  Some locals might be capable of the work, but not fully grasp the need to use the proper amounts of rebar and depth of foundation etc.  It also takes a fair amount of skill to do proper patching of the hollow blocks.  

Ive had contractors who agree to do the work on a cost plus agreement.  That is, I paid for the materials and provided the contractor a fixed amount.  He provided most of the labor and skilled workers.  I paid the invoices for the materials, which was determined before the materials were ordered.  He arranged for transport, I paid.  If he used his own vehicles, fine with me.

For smaller amounts of materials, I will typically buy from a local store (within reasonable distance of my project). There’s is usually some enterprising business selling building materials which they have already had delivered to them.  My costs were the materials plus something for the short delivery, or sometimes free delivery. Of course, the sack of cement will have an additional cost from the cost if I did this all myself.  It depends upon what you’re willing to pay for.  

You haven’t mentioned sand and gravel, but be cautious you get what you’ve ordered. Some guys with a truck will deliver sand and gravel, from a nearby river. 

• Like 3
YOGAVNTURE
41 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I’ve used bamboo fencing as a start to be sure the nearby residents get the message of property lines.  It was an inexpensive way to get started and provided a little bit of security. Replaced later with hollow block fencing. 

As to how hard can it be.....it’s going to need some degree of knowledge of strengths of the materials and such.  Some locals might be capable of the work, but not fully grasp the need to use the proper amounts of rebar and depth of foundation etc.  It also takes a fair amount of skill to do proper patching of the hollow blocks.  

Ive had contractors who agree to do the work on a cost plus agreement.  That is, I paid for the materials and provided the contractor a fixed amount.  He provided most of the labor and skilled workers.  I paid the invoices for the materials, which was determined before the materials were ordered.  He arranged for transport, I paid.  If he used his own vehicles, fine with me.

For smaller amounts of materials, I will typically buy from a local store (within reasonable distance of my project). There’s is usually some enterprising business selling building materials which they have already had delivered to them.  My costs were the materials plus something for the short delivery, or sometimes free delivery. Of course, the sack of cement will have an additional cost from the cost if I did this all myself.  It depends upon what you’re willing to pay for.  

You haven’t mentioned sand and gravel, but be cautious you get what you’ve ordered. Some guys with a truck will deliver sand and gravel, from a nearby river. 

thanks jawny i certainly have to give respect to you guys who have done this.  maybe i look around at contractors locally and i can find one willing to work with me.   jawny can you elaborate on the hollow block fencing as that is my first task.  to hollow block fence over one hectare.  that is alot!!!!!  and potentially expensive??  my idea was to get maximum security for the minimum price.......so i thought one or two hollow blocks on the earth.  then above that i use metal fence posts and these fence posts can be cemented into the hollow blocks..   then just a decent grade wire ..................maximum bang for the buck. i dont like the idea of a concrete wall fence......my local in area said that thief can just cut wire . but if the wire is decent grade it at least is a deterrent...........so i would need quite a few hollow blocks and lots of fence posts to do one hectare. and alot of wire. i thought about using locals to do fence.  but maybe it takes some skill to build a fence i dont know.  that is my initial purchase from supplier. seems silly to truck hollow blocks from cebu city might cost too much.  im wanting to get moving on this idea soon.  thanks

Edited by YOGAVNTURE
YOGAVNTURE
19 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Let me know what materials you are planning on buying and if any are the same as things that we are currently checking prices on, I can give you the current costs that we are being quoted in the province. We are also on the west coast, about 100 kilometres (about 3 1/2 hours) north of Moalboal

i thought someone here mentioned sibonga (which down from cebu city on the other side of island from moalboal but still closer to me than cebu city.  maybe their are some suppliers down the coast from cebu city and then i can just go over mountain (if their is a short cut , somehow i doubt a decent road over the mountain)  to get supplys.  like i said i have over one hectare of land so the fence is job one..........one or two hollow blocks on the earth then metal posts into the hollow blocks . cemented in ......then wire. THIS IS WHY I THOUGHT I COULD SAVE CASH AS I JUST NEED five THINGS . hollow blocks .  wire . fence post . concrete , and fasteners.   alot of the same thing.  i want to get moving on this next week. 

YOGAVNTURE

am i crazy?  i think that mountain land that overlooks the sea in moalboal  is gonna become a very valuable piece of land in the future especially if i have one of the best mountain sea views in the area????  moalboal is exploding with growth. is this happening everywhere?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

i thought someone here mentioned sibonga (which down from cebu city on the other side of island from moalboal but still closer to me than cebu city.  maybe their are some suppliers down the coast from cebu city and then i can just go over mountain (if their is a short cut , somehow i doubt a decent road over the mountain)  to get supplys.  like i said i have over one hectare of land so the fence is job one..........one or two hollow blocks on the earth then metal posts into the hollow blocks . cemented in ......then wire. THIS IS WHY I THOUGHT I COULD SAVE CASH AS I JUST NEED five THINGS . hollow blocks .  wire . fence post . concrete , and fasteners.   alot of the same thing.  i want to get moving on this next week. 

Forget Sibonga, roads over the hills (no mountains in Cebu isl) bad, deliver cost more than from ciudad.

Your idea of fence good and very popular.

As for thieves, get a big dog or two, not of local breed. Good companion and all pinoy afraid of big dogs :animal0019:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

am i crazy?  i think that mountain land that overlooks the sea in moalboal  is gonna become a very valuable piece of land in the future especially if i have one of the best mountain sea views in the area????  moalboal is exploding with growth. is this happening everywhere?

All land prices in Mboal booming. They ask for crazy millions but settle with half or less.

Problem w mountain land is to secure water, many living there still have no internet. For personal security You need a pack of big dogs :cool:

All land prices in Mboal booming. They ask for crazy millions but settle with half or less.
Problem w mountain land is to secure water, many living there still have no internet. For personal security You need a pack of big dogs :cool:
Back when I was looking ( 15+ yrs ago ) at land around Moalboal, there was virtually no titled lots .. everything seemed to be tax dec' , is that still the case ?

Had an ex who lives on a mountain lot with magnificent ocean views over Badian.
On my first visit, after her complaining about having no fan, I took one as a gift , only to find they had no electricity!

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

thanks jawny i certainly have to give respect to you guys who have done this.  maybe i look around at contractors locally and i can find one willing to work with me.   jawny can you elaborate on the hollow block fencing as that is my first task.  to hollow block fence over one hectare.  that is alot!!!!!  and potentially expensive??  my idea was to get maximum security for the minimum price.......so i thought one or two hollow blocks on the earth.  then above that i use metal fence posts and these fence posts can be cemented into the hollow blocks..   then just a decent grade wire ..................maximum bang for the buck. i dont like the idea of a concrete wall fence......my local in area said that thief can just cut wire . but if the wire is decent grade it at least is a deterrent...........so i would need quite a few hollow blocks and lots of fence posts to do one hectare. and alot of wire. i thought about using locals to do fence.  but maybe it takes some skill to build a fence i dont know.  that is my initial purchase from supplier. seems silly to truck hollow blocks from cebu city might cost too much.  im wanting to get moving on this idea soon.  thanks

First bit of advice is take care when you become the designer. Especially if you use locals. They will assume you know what you want (that dies nit suggest you know what you’re doing). So, they might do exactly what you tell them.

For your estimate, I’d suggest simply pacing or measuring the length of the line you want the fence along.  Then, the height, which might vary according to your design.  This can easily be used to calculate the number of hollow block you want.  The cement use can be estimated by a local, but be aware, the use of cement for walls such as a fence is not necessarily what you think. The blocks are commonly not filled solid. 
 Rebar use is of done to a standard (so much per meter of fence). 

You’re going to add to this gates, again a predictable cost unless you go for fancy stuff like driveway fences with automatic openings etc.

For security, dogs are probably better then the fencing. I used a form of discouragement. My property is facing jungle on three sides.  I added a sort of prison like set of rebar every so many meters into the wall and bent outward.  To that I attached barbed wire.  When I added some electricity for lighting, many locals thought the fence was electrified,  I never disagreed with them.  It was not.

Along the front of the property my view faced the area most people would approach, so I included a metal design made of simple angle iron, attractive by some measure. It was there to discourage burglars but more importantly it allowed me to see who was approaching. 

Lighting is for me one of the best deterrents.  Might want to build that into the design. 

You can even have the top layer made to be a bit more attractive by having it curved rather the simpler box shape. You’re going to be looking at the fence a lot more than others. I’d also encourage you to have the fence patched. I did except in the jungle areas. All inside portions patched and painted. 

Don’t use your own ideas of what makes for a sturdy fence.  Look around or ask neighbors since their fences may have stood up to typhoons and earthquakes. 

No photos to share.

Good luck. 

• Like 1
Headshot

I can't even imagine putting a block wall around a hectare of land. Minimally, you are talking about 400 linear meters of wall. If you are talking about a two-meter high wall (which would also be minimal), then you are talking about one hell of a lot of blocks, mortar, rendering and reinforcing bar (not to mention the materials for the foundation for the wall). Have you thought about how much this will cost? You could build a very nice house for less money. If  I had a hectare, I think I would install a barbed wire fence with a couple of electric wires (one high and one low) to keep intruders (of all sorts) out, and a few good dogs to ensure that intruders get the message that they are NOT welcome. 

• Like 3
to_dave007
57 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I can't even imagine putting a block wall around a hectare of land. Minimally, you are talking about 400 linear meters of wall. If you are talking about a two-meter high wall (which would also be minimal), then you are talking about one hell of a lot of blocks, mortar, rendering and reinforcing bar (not to mention the materials for the foundation for the wall). Have you thought about how much this will cost? You could build a very nice house for less money. If  I had a hectare, I think I would install a barbed wire fence with a couple of electric wires (one high and one low) to keep intruders (of all sorts) out, and a few good dogs to ensure that intruders get the message that they are NOT welcome. 

Agree..  Suggest OP price out the whole exterior fencing job before he gets too far.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Thought I'd drop out of sabbatical for a bit to post on this.  I think you're getting a bit cart before the horse here.  What is your ultimate plan and priorities?  I assume a house eventually?  Do you know where that will go?  That can affect other decisions.  And your budget is a big concern, the biggest really.  If you plan a small native house, you probably don't need much of a fence but for a big expensive (looking) place you're probably going to have to go with a block wall, like it or not.  If your house looks like it contains valuables, you're going to attract undesirable attention.

I don't remember if you said the lot was titled or not?  If not, that would be my first concern and I wouldn't invest anything in the land until I had clear title.  And I think titles can be contested up to 5 years after issuance.  Your call.  Your land is probably zoned ag land and I would keep it that way.  Much lower property tax than residential and you are allowed to build 1 house on ag land.  If, for some reason you decide to build a second home you can split the lot into 2.

If you do go with a block wall I would start at the OBO applying for a fencing permit.  Technically you probably need a permit for any fencing but I don't think anyone would care if you did bamboo or barbed wire without it.  btw, when you say wire, I hope you mean barbed wire, right?  Expect the OBO to want a copy of your lot plan, title, and tax dec.  They probably know someone that can draw up the plans from that if you just tell them your plan.  

Some other early considerations though....   

Access:  What is the access to your property?  Does it border a public road?  Are you sure it's public?  If some of the access crosses someone else's property, do you have ROW?  In writing?  You would be surprised how many lots have no access and maybe people have been crossing other's lots with verbal permission.  Perhaps one of those people will see you spend a lot on improvements and decide they want you to pay for access.  Best to hammer that out now with a permanent written solution.  If you have a problem with one neighbor you may be able to get access through another neighbor's property and then work the 2 against each other to lower the price.  Also, as far as access goes, how is the road and entry to your property?  Could a semi get there?  Or would deliveries have to be done by Elf or multicab?  I suggest you use Google maps or whatever to create a good map to your place your phone #(s) and keep copies in your wallet/glove box as you will be asked for a sketch plan any time you order supplies and if from a bigger company, like Vic with many trucks, you might need to give them one with each order.

Water:  Hard to make cement without it.  Is there a source on the land or nearby now?  If you need to truck it in you'll a good sized holding tank.  If you plan on eventually having a well, you may want to start there.  I recommend using a local driller hiring local workers because if they're imported you'll need to provide a bunk house and meals.  Placement of the well depends on a number of factors not the least of which is where the water is.  Are there other wells in the area?  You might be able to find out from that if a well is feasible and how deep they had to drill.  In my opinion, the best place would be a higher point on the land so you can pump to the surface and flow down from there but that will mean the well will have to be deeper.  You might want it nearer where the house is going to be but remember that the house will need a septic system so you don't want the well near where that.  Also, if you put the well near property line, a neighbor could put their septic near it.  Drilling can be done without electric but some water is needed.

Electric: You can build fence, even hollow block wall, without it but you're going to need it sooner or later.  Are there power lines near your place?  You'll need to get a construction hookup.  I don't know the rules where you are but here you need a 14 ft (above ground) post to attach the wires and the meter.  That post has to be less than 60 meters from the pole or you'll end up installing more poles and then there's the ROW issue of getting permission to plant poles so you'll want to work that out at the same time as road access.  I've been here like 8 years and still considered a construction hookup because I haven't built my real house yet.   

For the fencing:  Ask yourself what it the purpose of it and will my design accomplish that?  As you were told, thieves will just snip your barbed wire.  In fact, the barbed wire may be the target.  If I can make a few snips and take 10Kg of wire to a junk shop, I eat the next day.  Also, what is the purpose of your 2 rows of hollow block?  That's an expensive way to provide a thief the means to step over your barbed wire.  If your main goal with the fence is to secure your construction supplies, you don't need to fence the entire hectare, just the house site and the supply storage.  In fact, if you eventually decide to raise goats or something, it would be a good idea to have an inner fence area to keep them from the house.

On contractors:  No real experience with them myself just I did watch intently, the work on my neighbor's place.  The bigger ones that are building several houses at once have access to a larger, more talented labor pool and can get things done quickly and fairly well.  I've done everything here so far as a DIY with 2 workers.  My main reason behind this was simply budget.  The three of us don't work very fast but we chug along and I like being able keep a close eye on what they are doing so in general, if something goes wrong it's my fault.  But at least I catch it pretty quick so it doesn't result in a big disaster.  It's also helpful I'm reasonably adept with AutoCAD.  Hiring more workers would get the job done faster but I'd be more likely to run out of kwarta.  So, I'm Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.  I do all the welding, direct all the work, and carry buckets of cement.  My most important job besides kwarta is keeping an eye on supply levels and reordering at the right time so we don't run out but also don't have a bunch of cement laying around going bad.  To this end, I find it very helpful to keep in the back of head a list of "busy work" that needs to get done but isn't necessarily important so I have them doing productive work if the cementl, or whatever, hasn't arrived yet.  A couple months ago I was scrambling to find sand and gravel so they did a lot of shovelling dirt into my truck to move to other areas of the lot.  Using a contractor that brings in a bunch of workers means they will first build a bunkhouse to sleep in.  My neighbor was hit up for, I think, p75K for coco and plywood for the bunkhouse which doubled as cement storage.  Before starting on my wall I built a 15' X 20.5' garage to use as a shop and storage.  It has a slab floor the 20.5' length was accommodate rebar and other long stock which will rust if left out in the rain.  You're also going to need an outhouse.  Dig a hole about 30" square and 6 or so feet deep.  Build a form by nailing half a sheet of plywood to 4 2X4 cocos.  put an 8" grid of 8mm rebar in that and a short piece of 3" PVC in the middle and pour in concrete.  After a couple days, flip that over on the hole in the ground and pull the form off.  Then get an anadoro (p700 maybe?) set it on the PVC hole and have them mortar it in place.  Then build an outhouse box on that.  Remember that this is essentially a septic system so consider where you put it in relation to your well.

Yard truck and other equipment:  Your lot size and upcoming construction may give you justification for getting a yard truck.  A multicab is ok, but you might want to go up to a diesel like a Town Ace.  Mixer, if doing a lot of cement, you'll probably want a gas mixer.  The electric ones suck and if there's a blackout...  If your contractor has one, that's cool, but if they have to rent one that's part of your cost. I think they are new about p50K now but after all your work is done you can sell it to the next builder so that difference might be less than renting.  Be aware that the engines in those are a popular theft item so nobody is going to carry off your mixer but.....  Do you know what your ground is like?  My land is like one foot of good soil and limestone (anapog) under that.  Some of the anapog is fairly easy to get through with spud bars but some is really hard.  They can break through it but it's very slow going and I had to buy lots of gloves and have the spud bars worked on.  After running into that on a couple footers I decided to speed things up with a gas (petrol) jackhammer.  I didn't want to have to drag out extension cords for electric or buy a big compression for pneumatic.  I found one on Alibaba from China for about $300 with shipping.  Belmont now has almost the identical model under the Kent (Ken?) Tools logo for a little more but you don't have to wait a month for shipping. It has done well with a few minor repairs along the way.  Rebar cutter.  I was tempted buy one, I think they run about 8-9K and can cut 12mm rebar.  I may be wrong but I don't think it can cut 16mm.  I think you'd have to have a lot of construction planned to get enough use out of them.  I bought a Makita angle grinder for about p3k and for the extra p5k I could buy a lot of cut off wheels.  Plus the angle grinder has so many other uses while the rebar cutter just cuts rebar.  Definitely a good idea if you don't have electricity though.

Materials:  It's been an easy choice for me up to a month ago.  Vic Enterprises.  Pozzoline cement for p171 a few days ago, I think maybe p10 more for Portland.  That's for 40kg bags.  A friend said he was getting a better deal from another place once and I pointed out he had 36kg bags.  p158 for 12mm rebar.  I also include a few kilos of welding rod and 10-20kg of tie wire.  You'd be surprised at the number of miles of tie wire you can use and the locals pretty much double Vic's price.  I live in Lilo-an, a lot closer to CC, but up til a month ago Vic would deliver anything I wanted for free as long as the order included 50+ bags of cement.  Unfortunately, that's no longer the case and they're charging 3% for delivery but you don't have to get 50 cement.  It's still cheaper than buying locally.  Vic supplies all the HWs around here and we all pay the same so I save the add on from the locals.  You may want to find out who supplies the local HWs in Moalboal and buy from them.  I suspect it is also Vic.  Being that far you might have to pay extra for delivery and/or you might have to wait until your order can piggyback with another order in the area.  idk  If you do get a piggyback order it will almost certainly be on a semi so that goes back to your access.  And the more cement you buy at once the bigger storage.  Vic won't do COD so I go in and order and pay cash.  They will do an account if you can give them a stack of local checks presigned.  That gives you the ability to phone in or perhaps email orders.  I don't have a local checking account.  You will also need to find local suppliers of aggregates and have numbers for them you can txt for a delivery of sand, gravel, or fine sand for finishing.  I suggest you have more than one because sometimes the truck is guba.  They will quote you a cubic meter price and charge you for 3 cubic for a minidump and you can measure the truck and see it's not 3 cubic but that is the price so like it or lump it.  I also have phone #s for a few local HWs and I can txt them to deliver a few bags of cement and some rebars or whatever if we run out and the Vic track hasn't arrived yet.

On security:  First and foremost, the biggest key to security, I think, is the local population and your relationship with them.  If you're well liked in the community they are more likely to look out for you and the worse elements are more likely to leave you alone.  Of course, someone could always wander in from outside the area but the locals know the other locals so watch anyone unusual.  A friend of mine on Negros had a nice house on a big lot with no fence at all and never had a problem.  He was a very friendly guy.  For example, he noticed a delivery trike broken down on the road near his house and took them a couple cold beers and even went back for tools to help them.  Stuff like that gets around fast.  There was another foreigner living a quarter mile or so down the road and apparently a major arse hole.  Even with a high wall he was broken into a few times.  If you're that way and get robbed, the locals just consider it karma and I guess it is.  Big dogs are also good but they can be shot or poisoned so shouldn't be over relied on.  I always have at least one German Shepherd and walk them in the neighborhood.  People know me and I smile and wave and Maayo'ng Buntag everyone.  Each Christmas we buy a sack of rice and cases of sardines and toys and candies for kids.  We have a party at the house and hand it out to the most needy.  She has games with the kids for prizes and story time.  It's great and goes a long way with local image.  I have given rides to some of the lolas but I do kind of avoid that with others because I don't want to piss off the HH and trike drivers for taking their business.  One of the lolas house sits for us on Sundays if my caretaker and family go out.  She doesn't mind sitting there for 4 or 5 hours and she loves getting a little kwarta for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
YOGAVNTURE
On 11/8/2019 at 1:34 AM, to_dave007 said:

Agree..  Suggest OP price out the whole exterior fencing job before he gets too far.

u guys are scaring me.  so much to consider........to me i have a reliable Filipina.  she is married with 3 kids and she has been my massage lady..............we are not intimate.  i have been using her for 4 seasons (4 months.  over 4 years)  it took awhile but i started to see how selfless she was and giving and kind.  now i hope you all dont start rampaging about how the massage lady is gonna take advantage of me.  i know the risks here..............my gut says she is trustworthy.    her dad is a construction .  listen , this aint a  manila woman,  this is a  mountain woman  from rural area ............anyway back to the fence.  i am having her father walk the land tomorrow and get an estimate of how much of the 5 items i need..............hollow block .  metal fence posts.  wire .  hopefully thick wire.  fasteners.   and concrete  powder.    now i have been looking at other fence jobs in the area. and one lady had a red fence . she said i MUST PAINT IT WITH THIS RED PAINT STUFF THAT KEEPS THE METAL FROM RUSTING ALONG TIME ............so i will investigate rustproofing the metal poles and wire.................i do have a question to her father that you can probably answer ,  should i put hollow block one high or two high i am suspecting two high is better so i can put fence post in the hollow block and then concrete powder in it to make it solid. one hollow block high only might not be enuf depth to get a solid fence post?????????     im under alot of distress right now , we spent 8 months getting the land and i feel its secure in our name. (her name really).  i hope i dont get responses here about how shes gonna shaft me later on.  i know the risks im taking.  she is a very poor woman and her family is very poor.  im helping her. and i have faith in god shes gonna appreciate it (she is already)  and not want to take advantage of me.  she knows ive gone out on a limb for her.  and this story isnt one of romance. its freindship so im hoping those land deals that involve romance that go bad aint gonna happen to me.     ive spent considerable money on the land but i know for a fact we got good price.  and we are in process of titling it with lawyer fasttrack.  .  she and i have the best lawyer money can buy and we are being careful.  what more can i do?   so far everything has worked out and she has with the lawyers guidance got this deal done.  i might even add on to the land a bit more.  then i will have more than one hectere of  land.  why did i buy so much?  i have a gut feeling that in moalboal the land by the sea is gonna get so crazy expensive and busy down by the sea.  that mountain land will get more popular................from the mountain its ten minutes to the sea.   so im not sure yet what im gonna do with all the land....................i can sit on it and think.  im betting and i feel strongly about this, that land prices gonna go up quite a bit in the coming years. especially at dive destinations.   does anybody else have opinions about land values and the trend forward regarding land values????????????.............next week we start getting bids for materials for the fence. im hoping i can convince a supplier that more business is coming his way as i need to build a caretaker house and to start im gonna build a small house for me on the third best site on my land and leave the other premium build sites for later after i make my initial mistakes.  when i stepped on that land the first time i saw it and the sea view.  i knew right then i wanted to buy it.  i hadnt even looked around at hardly any other property in the area at all or got other pricing from other lands.  i saw a gem .  i grabbed it............my first house for me is gonna be rather small and i can use as a guest house of some sort later on.............thanks bye 

RogerDuMond
8 hours ago, Headshot said:

, I think I would install a barbed wire fence with a couple of electric wires (one high and one low) to keep intruders (of all sorts) out, and a few good dogs to ensure that intruders get the message that they are NOT welcome. 

I assume that you are talking about 12 volt electric stock fencing, because high powered electric fencing is illegal.

21 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

she said i MUST PAINT IT WITH THIS RED PAINT STUFF THAT KEEPS THE METAL FROM RUSTING ALONG TIME .

Locally it is called red lead. It is Red Oxide Metal Primer and is good for preventing rust.

Edited by RogerDuMond