Moalboal construction should I get materials from Cebu City

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

as far as I know atlantic nor wilcon delivers

Atlantic does not at least for small orders, but can arrange delivery with truck owners that work with them, but that can be expensive. I believe that if the order is large enough (I heard minimum 100,000 pesos but can't confirm it), that they will include delivery in the cost from their warehouse. How else do hardware stores in the province get materials from there?

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YOGAVNTURE

• RogerDuMond

• to_dave007

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd drop out of sabbatical for a bit to post on this.  I think you're getting a bit cart before the horse here.  What is your ultimate plan and priorities?  I assume a house eventually?  Do yo

Pricing in Simala Sibonga Cebu:   10 mm Deformed Bar -       127 php 9 mm Defromed Bar-          50 php 3 Cubic Dolomite-               1150 php 3 Cubic Finishing-           

I can't even imagine putting a block wall around a hectare of land. Minimally, you are talking about 400 linear meters of wall. If you are talking about a two-meter high wall (which would also be mini

Posted Images

YOGAVNTURE
12 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

If you pick Atlantic, you can pay with a credit card. I have had no problems with Atlantic, in fact once we picked up an item 3 weeks after we said that we were going to. If you aren't taking something with you, make sure you keep your receipt as you will need it at pickup.

cc payment is a plus. as cc charges can be disputed if a problem. thanks roger

RogerDuMond

Cebu Atlantic Hardware is 13.4 kilometres from the airport, or about 45 minutes if the traffic isn't too bad.

Cebu bolt doesn't "deliver" per say - they can have products delivered  - her BIL their rates cheaper than LBC

Less than 1 Km from Atlantic

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

i will be in cebu city next week and want to start a relationship with some shop.

Let me know what materials you are planning on buying and if any are the same as things that we are currently checking prices on, I can give you the current costs that we are being quoted in the province. We are also on the west coast, about 100 kilometres (about 3 1/2 hours) north of Moalboal

When we built our house in Badian we bought everything from Al-Dave Hardware in Alegria. All we had to do was pickup the phone and place our order and they would just deliver it for free if buy chance they were out of stock of something we needed it would be there in a day or so. They would run their large delivery truck to Atlantic Hardware in Cebu City 2-3 times per week to pick up supplies for their store and yes we did price comparisons and they were still very competived. Best of all no need to keep lots of cash on hand for deliveries just settled the bill once a month. 

Edited by Taz
Spelling
  • Like 2
to_dave007
1 hour ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

if i need 50 bags of concrete i can get alot cheaper in cebu city than in moalboal. 

50 sacks at "about" 200 peso/sack = 10,000 peso.. a relatively small order..  and you'll likely wish to buy locally to avoid the transportation cost.  From Moalboal even if you get free truck you likely looking at 1000+ peso for diesel..  or more.   If you are going to be buying in city to ship to Moalboal.. I think you are looking at xx HUNDREDS of sacks per order.  We really need Skyman to stick his head into this thread.

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

When we built our house in Badian we bought everything from Al-Dave Hardware in Alegria. All we had to do was pickup the phone and place our order and they would just deliver it for free if buy chance they were out of stock of something we needed it would be there in a day or so. They would run their large delivery truck to Atlantic Hardware in Cebu City 2-3 times per week to pick up supplies for their store and yes we did price comparisons and there were still very competived. Best of all no need to keep lots of cash on hand for deliveries just settled the bill once a month. 

Had local supplier here as well.. with same deal.  Free delivery.. settle bill monthly.

RogerDuMond
5 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

50 sacks at "about" 200 peso/sack

Our cheapest provincial quote so far is 185 per sack of cement.

Edited by RogerDuMond
Maldita23

Pricing in Simala Sibonga Cebu:

10 mm Deformed Bar -       127 php

9 mm Defromed Bar-          50 php

3 Cubic Dolomite-               1150 php

3 Cubic Finishing-                1175 php

Cement Bags-                      185 php

1kg Tire Wire-                      60 php

#2 Text Screw-                     2 php/pc

2*3*0.2 C-porlins-              370 php

1*1/2*3 6/10 Angle Bar-   343 php

Corrugated Tin 22 x 10-     325 php

We have inquired from VIC Enterprise, Atlantic Enterprise, Atlanta Enterprise(Electrical materials)  through the phone, they asked us to email them our order instead and they never get back to us. Good we didn't hold our breath.  

I ended up calling VIC again and asked for the prices of the materials above, theirs is actually more expensive for a few pesos. Good thing, that the general Merchandise in Simala has everything we needed. 

Also, we have noticed that the prices has gone down compared to the prices during the summer. We suggest buying materials during the rainy season as the prices go down due to lower demand. We used to pay 70 pesos for 9mm deformed bar,now it's only 50 pesos. 

• Like 3

Funny how folks hype on Cebu city prices. Mboal is 4 hours from ciudad.

As You should know Mboal has several hardware shops, biggest is Floremi, has everything. Some say Botiga in Badian (10km) has better prices. So get offer from both of them. I bought most in Badian, boss there very helpful, delivery included.

• Like 2
YOGAVNTURE
6 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Let me know what materials you are planning on buying and if any are the same as things that we are currently checking prices on, I can give you the current costs that we are being quoted in the province. We are also on the west coast, about 100 kilometres (about 3 1/2 hours) north of Moalboal

First i need to build a fence. (its gonna be a large fence project.) and then build a house for the caretaker. so my plan was to get a "dummie"  materials list anticipating what we might need. and take it atlantic as you recommend the shop.............get a pricing ..............then go back to moalboal and take same list to local shop for comparison.  cant get much simpler than this ............im a simple guy............now roger since you are so helpful.,,,,,,,,,i might use a contractor. can we both agree that most contractors are gonna fudge numbers if i buy materials thru them??????????  but at same time if i buy my own materials maybe a contractor wont want to work for me.  my "dammes"  father can build a house.  so i might use him......using locals near my land for fence building (how hard can it be to build a fence?)  and then get a job foreman to build the house.  we start with a caretaker house which will be pretty simple concrete block house.  all i know is that it must have a decent foundation.  i will learn alot from the caretaker house build......im sure.............i will build up on the mountain not at the sea.........im wondering what will be the biggest headache in this process.  maybe building the shitter............so many ideas i have but i dont turn a wrench. i am gonna have to find a contractor as i said above my gals father has built some houses so that might be best. only got one chance to build it right..........i heard that the foundation of a house is the most important part.  sorry to ramble . ive spent alot on land already but its breathtaking sea view.........land is secure now. so building is just money ....

YOGAVNTURE
On 11/7/2019 at 4:43 AM, RR3 said:

Funny how folks hype on Cebu city prices. Mboal is 4 hours from ciudad.

As You should know Mboal has several hardware shops, biggest is Floremi, has everything. Some say Botiga in Badian (10km) has better prices. So get offer from both of them. I bought most in Badian, boss there very helpful, delivery included.

rr3 . thank you i will compare prices in cebu city to moalboal area.  i just thought since most shops in moalboal will just get materials from cebu city anyways maybe i could save some money...........thanks for telling me about botiga in badian.  i will check  it out .  sometimes saving a few pesos aint worth the hassle.  but i will have a large fence project . so i figured im gonna need alot of cement blocks and fence posts.  this is all overwhelming for me.............im abit afraid ive gotten in over my head.  got to think positive i have a good Filipina who i trust. thats the main thing.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
6 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

so my plan was to get a "dummie"  materials list anticipating what we might need. and take it atlantic as you recommend the shop.............get a pricing ..............then go back to moalboal

Let them all know that you are checking multiple places for the best price.

7 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

can we both agree that most contractors are gonna fudge numbers if i buy materials thru

Most contractors are going to charge you AT LEAST retail for the materials. My wife built the first half of our house using local workers. We used a contractor for the second half and that was a huge mistake. the projects for 2020, an outside CR for the farm, a grain storage building, and a 1300 sq. foot raised goat house will be made using my farm laborers, and a couple of relatives to do the welding.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
9 minutes ago, YOGAVNTURE said:

but i will have a large fence project . so i figured im gonna need alot of cement blocks and fence posts. 

Your hollow blocks are going to cost you less in Moalboal than if you bought them in the city but be aware the quality is not what you are used to from back home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
YOGAVNTURE
1 minute ago, RogerDuMond said:

Let them all know that you are checking multiple places for the best price.

Most contractors are going to charge you AT LEAST retail for the materials. My wife built the first half of our house using local workers. We used a contractor for the second half and that was a huge mistake. the projects for 2020, an outside CR for the farm, a grain storage building, and a 1300 sq. foot raised goat house will be made using my farm laborers, and a couple of relatives to do the welding.

thanks roger for your support .......................im afraid.............but im getting old...............got to do something with my life.......................been doing asia for 20 years.............this is my shot..............i can do it. i will do it............