rrider

Anyone know what it cost to get a 8'x10' bahay kubo built in Moalboal, Cebu?

RR3

Ask the builder next to old Gaisano

BossHog
3 hours ago, rrider said:

8'x10' bahay kubo

Ballpark figure 25k. 

Of course for something that small you could just buy a ready-made bamboo hut and have it delivered.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1

cookie47

Agree with Bosshog,, 

There's "was" a place along the National highway between Carcar and Perilos.Rh side going to Carcar. Its a while ago but we bought a 8x8??? nipa cottage  ( thats approx internal dimensions, roof overhang not included ). Could seat 9 easily with a majong table in the center) and cost p18000 delivered, (4ks) (which was interesting on a back of a multicab) 

They "did" have a few on display from huts to a 4 room house. They came the next day and "sort of" made concrete footings. The carpentry and fitment of the bamboo was outstanding. P25000 sounds about right "today"... 

• Like 2

to_dave007
29 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Could seat 9 easily with a majong table in the center) and cost p18000 delivered, (4ks) (which was interesting on a back of a multicab) 

Amazing what you can put in a multi-cab isn't it.  Saw one loaded HIGH once in Negros.. must have been 12 feet+..   With couple guys perched up top.  But just couldn't get photo at right angle to show the full effect for posting here at LINC.  

• Like 1

rrider

What I'm thinking is something for family and friends to sleep in while visiting us. Something big enough for a double decker bed/ queen bed.

• Like 1

shadow
5 hours ago, rrider said:

What I'm thinking is something for family and friends to sleep in while visiting us. Something big enough for a double decker bed/ queen bed.

Something like this can be had for 25 to 40k in this area. You can reconfigure it however you like, more or less porch,... etc

image.png.2f82acfe47d8309067d1bb3c723c3dac.png

• Like 1

rrider
14 hours ago, shadow said:

Something like this

Yes, like that, but all Bamboo, I don't like the Amakan.

• Like 1

shadow
5 minutes ago, rrider said:

Yes, like that, but all Bamboo, I don't like the Amakan.

LOL, you do realize, of course, that Amakan is made of Bamboo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rrider
26 minutes ago, shadow said:

Amakan is made of Bamboo!

Yes I do, I also realize amakan is made of bamboo, but I think the bamboo is stronger, last longer then amakan, and if you don't treat the amakan properly, it starts to mould real fast. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
19 hours ago, rrider said:

Yes I do, I also realize amakan is made of bamboo, but I think the bamboo is stronger, last longer then amakan, and if you don't treat the amakan properly, it starts to mould real fast. 

Amakan or Pagpag doesn't do as well in the weather but it's been on the inside of my house for 9 years.  Just 2 coats of varnish.

• Like 1

rrider
On 11/9/2019 at 3:19 AM, SkyMan said:

Just 2 coats of varnish.

In your house? where abouts in the house? I am thinking of doing our ceilings with Amakan, so do you varnish both sides, before installation?

SkyMan
9 minutes ago, rrider said:

In your house? where abouts in the house? I am thinking of doing our ceilings with Amakan, so do you varnish both sides, before installation?

It's the inside wall surface.  We varnished after install.  In fact, some of it hasn't been done yet.  I suppose you could varnish before you install though.  The strips have a number of 'threads' or 'hairs' that I was told cause mosquitoes to hang out on them or something like that.  You can take care of those with a lighter, nail clipper,  or like a butane torch.  The varnish also helps to stick them down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1