rrider

Going Home

rrider

So your an expat living in the Philippines. Do you go home to your home country? How often? How long do you stay? and when you get back to your home country, where do you stay? do you have your own home? do you rent? do you hotel/airBnB it?  or maybe you stay with family and friends?

Daddle

Yes, about 3 times a year. For a month or two. Stay at old family cabin in the mountains or on my boat. Sometimes filipina wife comes along in which case the cabin gets a thorough and much needed cleaning. Have an old truck there which the rats eat while I’m away.

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Daddle said:

Yes, about 3 times a year. For a month or two. Stay at old family cabin in the mountains or on my boat. Sometimes filipina wife comes along in which case the cabin gets a thorough and much needed cleaning. Have an old truck there which the rats eat while I’m away.

What country? 

smokey

I go to arizona 2 times a year usually 6 weeks a time have apartment there and car wife comes here 2 times a year usually 6 weeks a time also

Headshot

We normally go back to the US once every two to three years for about a month. Recent deaths in the family have required a little extra travel to the states, but I don't consider those trips as normal.

RogerDuMond

My wife works in the U.S. and spends her vacations here in the Philippines. I have not been back to the U.S. in almost eight years, and have no intention of ever going back. I am happy with my life here.

savarity

Rent. Never went home the years I was staying here, but did travel to other, close by, countries. Changes in circumstances back home will mean I'll probably head back there in the next few months.

Chris24
3 hours ago, smokey said:

I go to arizona 2 times a year usually 6 weeks a time have apartment there and car wife comes here 2 times a year usually 6 weeks a time also

Smokey, sometime if you pass through the Phoenix area we should connect for a coffee or a beer (depending on time of day).  

Chris24
8 hours ago, rrider said:

So your an expat living in the Philippines. Do you go home to your home country? How often? How long do you stay? and when you get back to your home country, where do you stay? do you have your own home? do you rent? do you hotel/airBnB it?  or maybe you stay with family and friends?

We're still in the planning stage, but the plan is in a few years to downsize to a townhouse owned mortgage-free (I recently learned of the term "lock and leave" which aptly applies) and then split time between the Philippines, Thailand, various destinations in Europe and the U.S., probably staying in the U.S over the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year holidays to see the kids.   

Airbnb-ing it would apply to Europe but I would kind of like to buy a small condo in SE Asia to use as a base for the region. 

lamoe

Once a year - 1st time = 4 weeks, this time 3 = next 2 or maybe only 10 days

Stay with daughter, SIL, and grandson - parents both work 12 hour days and grandson is in school

Make arrangements for complete VA physical - get 1 year supply of single med I take - go to favorite eating places

Daddle
8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

What country? 

California, USA

• Thanks 1