topcat72m

Buying a Lot in Minglanilla/Naga

topcat72m

Hi. I'm considering buying a Lot for the Wife. I am considering a Lot somewhere in Naga or Minglanilla. 

I have a couple of questions. How much do lots generally cost. I know it's a how long is a piece of string question but there might be someone here who know of or has some experience with this. 

I'm thinking of something that could accommodate a 100m2 house and maybe a couple of apartelles also which could be rented out. With space to park a car and small yard. Maybe 500m2  

• Like 3

Paddy

From some Naga real estate ads - so “asking” prices:

130 sq m - gated subdivision 20k/m2

1100 sq m - commercial lot 35k/m2

18 hectare - farm land 300/m2

A gated sub-division is probably not the location for your planned development and you’d have to buy several lots together to get the space you want. It would be titled land though. 

It’s unlikely you’d get a few hundred pesos per m2 in a little village barangay especially with decent road access. A 10x10 lot with road access here in the sticks in Masbate would probably be around 100k and, at best, it would be tax declared - assuming the property tax situation could actually be determined 😀.

I’m assuming Naga is your wife’s home area? You probably need trusted boots (local face) on the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to_dave007

Prices here in Tuburan.. in the town..  are generally > 1500 to 3000 peso/m2 now..  so I would expect that Naga Minglanilla would be > 3000 peso/m2 unless FAR from main road or up in mountain.

Does OP want:

• Titled or Tax Dec
  • On highway?  on more quiet?
  • On beach?
  • Municipal water supply? or deep well (wells are salty in that location for the 1 or 2 km closest to ocean)
  • Does it flood?
  • Does it stink?  

All these factors..  and more..  can affect price.

3 hours ago, Paddy said:

You probably need trusted boots (local face) on the ground. 

Absolutely agree.

Edited by to_dave007

smokey

We have a few lots in talisay and let me tell you from tax dec to title is a 5 plus year adventure full of bullshit everyone wants to help and everyone claims to have a connection . 90%of the locals NEVER GET TITLE but live there 100 years.   My wife has one lot aquired in 1968 still no title another in 2008 no title

Edited by smokey

Bama
11 minutes ago, smokey said:

We have a few lots in talisay and let me tell you from tax dec to title is a 5 plus year adventure full of bullshit

Not to mention the 72 trips to BIR -------IMO the place where time goes to die.

OP might consider paying top money for a legally titled/taxes all current/etc lot to avoid future headaches.

to_dave007
1 hour ago, smokey said:

We have a few lots in talisay and let me tell you from tax dec to title is a 5 plus year adventure full of bullshit everyone wants to help and everyone claims to have a connection . 90%of the locals NEVER GET TITLE but live there 100 years.   My wife has one lot aquired in 1968 still no title another in 2008 no title

Agree totally.  My wife (M/T foreigner hubby) just received title to the property we live at here in Tuburan..  several adjacent lots..  Took 6+ years..  and NEVER would have finished if I hadn't changed horses in Oct 2017.  The lady who has been helping me since then has been absolutely GREAT..  with none of the BS we had for the prior 4+ years.  Night and day difference.  Really NOTHING of value had been completed before she started (Oct 2017)..  Then multiple CAR received from BIR by  about Sept 2018..  then application to Land Registry office by Nov 2018..  and Title released (WITH error) in July 2019..  and released with error corrected by Oct 2019.  Last title was registered in 1974..  with estate taxes..  cap gains..  and severance of large lot to 14 smaller ones to be dealt with.  Done now..  getting municipal tax records updated now.

Edited by to_dave007

Bama
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

The lady who has been helping me since then has been absolutely GREAT..  with none of the BS we had for the prior 4+ years.

You were fortunate to have someone help you through this process.

The wife and I did every bit of the paperwork legwork ourselves. BIR was something else. One day this had to be done----which might take weeks/months to do---and the next trip a different agent wouldn't even look at it.Lot was bought from 6 siblings and on one trip we were told that they all had to have TIN's (Tax ID #) and we had to chase then all down and get it done.We came back after lunch and saw another agent about a different issue.Agent asked about the TID's----we told her that we didn't have them.No problem she said and then assigned all the numbers on the spot in less than a minute. Crazy.

• Like 1

to_dave007
1 hour ago, Bama said:

You were fortunate to have someone help you through this process.

BIR was something else. 

I don't know about there in Tacloban..  but the BIR office we needed to deal with in Mandaue was busy as hell..  on the few occasions I had to be there with the lady helping me..  long long waits.

Bama
56 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I don't know about there in Tacloban..  but the BIR office we needed to deal with in Mandaue was busy as hell..  on the few occasions I had to be there with the lady helping me..  long long waits.

Long, long waits in TTown for sure----would have gladly paid someone else to do it but we knew of no one.

The front counter of BIR was always manned by the most junior people as no one really wants to deal with the public if they can avoid it. More senior people were easily observed on the opposite side of the room just killing time on FB. When the lines got too long just before closing they might pitch in to help get the office closed on time.

Edited by Bama

topcat72m

Thank you all. This has been great. 

My wife's family are from San Fernando up the hill. Too remote for me. 

So my thinking is Naga or Minganilla so I can get in and out of Cebu easier. She also agrees that it's too remote in San Fernando. 

I'd like a lot off the main road. I little quiet. Of course titled and taxes paid would be best. 

If the price per m2 was around p3000 I'd be ok with that. 

smokey

You have choices buy titled pay or tax dec and wait for title if i was younger i would do the title route but at 68 i might run out of time and cant spend it in next life we have one super size lot 3 hectors and one smaller at half a hector but to old to give a cr??    San Fernando hummm possible port coming we knew the BC and meet the wife 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

topcat72m
55 minutes ago, smokey said:

You have choices buy titled pay or tax dec and wait for title if i was younger i would do the title route but at 68 i might run out of time and cant spend it in next life

Can you explain this more please as it's all new to me. 

I have a property here in Ireland and taxes(stamp duty) are paid on transfer of title deed. The property taxes are the vendors responsibility and should be paid in full before the property can be sold. Solicitor ensures this doing legal and title searches.

Edited by topcat72m

topcat72m
16 hours ago, Paddy said:

A 10x10 lot with road access here in the sticks in Masbate would probably be around 100k and, at best, it would be tax declared - assuming the property tax situation could actually be determined 😀.

Is a 10x10 lot a standard size offered for sale?

I'd prefer 10x 25/30. With 10m road side. 

Edited by topcat72m

topcat72m
1 hour ago, smokey said:

San Fernando hummm possible port coming we knew the BC and meet the wife

There are a few reasons not to buy there. 1st it's too close to family. 2nd where they live is up the hill on way to cement plant with lots of heavy trucks passing through and breaking the road. Not to mention the dust. 

• Like 1

Paddy
7 hours ago, topcat72m said:

Is a 10x10 lot a standard size offered for sale?

I'd prefer 10x 25/30. With 10m road side. 

It’s the basic lot size around here (up at the bukid in Masbate) but definitely wouldn’t do for you. 

Also, standard concrete house construction (also around here and without architectural input) is based on posts spaced at 4m and a 1m roof overhang.  A 10m wide lot would be “full” with an 8x8 house. You’d have to set it back to make sensible space for a car. 

I am familiar with a house and 4 small apartment block in Legazpi. The lot looks square(ish) with a frontage of around 15+m (maybe more).  I imagine the place is worth several million. The place opposite it is an architect’s nightmare - I mean dream - that must have consumed at least 5 million in construction cost. These places are on a side street off one of the main arterials into downtown Legazpi. They don’t seem to have any problems keeping the apartments rented out.