mikewright

Tao Expedition - Coron to El Nido

mikewright

Has anyone here been on one of  the Tao boats from Coron to El Nido? A group of us planning to do the three-day trip with Tao in January, and would be interested in hearing of your experience.

Cheers
Mike

• Like 1

RedRanger
4 hours ago, mikewright said:

Has anyone here been on one of  the Tao boats from Coron to El Nido? A group of us planning to do the three-day trip with Tao in January, and would be interested in hearing of your experience.

Cheers
Mike

It looks like a good time to me, I think it would be a much better way to enjoy both places.  I had no clue this was an option, This sounds like a great time to me.

Last year I took a plane to Buswanga airport about 15 minutes from the hotel zone in Coron, found a hotel did the tours, etc, and then booked a ferry boat to El Nido since I found Coron nightlife to be very very boring, it is a super province when the sun goes down.   El Nido offered more night life and things to do.  

I didn't make any reservations when I went to both islands so I had to spend a 30 minutes in trikes looking for hotels with openings. I think I spent about 6 days there total on both islands.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mikewright

Yep, great area. I love Linapacan Island, between Busuanga and Palawan, stayed there a few times, and heard about Tao when trying to find a boat to Linapacan. We've been to El Nido and Coron before, but prefer spending more time in Port Barton.  Something about a three-day banca trip from Coron to El Nido, snorkeling in pristine waters, fishing, sleeping in local island villages  really appeals.

• Like 1

liquido
13 hours ago, RedRanger said:

El Nido offered more night life and things to do.  

I wonder how many retired foreigners have settled there?Is there reliable wifi and basic infrustructure? I see its a population of around 40,000..