Doff

New Kitchen

Doff

After the drama I had find  a window and door manufacturers, I am reluctant to ask but here goes.

I want to put a new kitchen in, and having trouble finding anyone good, if anyone has info or has in fact had a kitchen installed, I would love to know about, both good and bad.

I know there must be some in Cebu who is good, probably just looking in the wrong places.

Cheers

• Like 1

Paddy

I expect it’s not going to be like the Home Depot or Ikea, but they’re out there in Cebu 😀

72B3F499-F225-44B1-B2D2-B0DDA7604FFD.thumb.jpeg.c15e3489ea51f3916006c9a699e7038e.jpeg

Nothing like this in Masbate of course but hopefully a Cebu person has some personal experience?

• Like 1

HongKongPhooey

Has anyone installed those plastic kitchen cabinets found at CitiHardware; any good?

http://www.citihardware.com/product/category/52

Apologies in advance as I have no intention to hijack the thread but hopefully add to it. I’m looking for the same thing in a different city. Can’t find anything. Okay for mods to delete this post if not appropriate.

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 1

Sibonga Simon
2 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

Has anyone installed those plastic kitchen cabinets found at CitiHardware; any good?

http://www.citihardware.com/product/category/52

Apologies in advance as I have no intention to hijack the thread but hopefully add to it. I’m looking for the same thing in a different city. Can’t find anything. Okay for mods to delete this post if not appropriate.

We have them in our rental property.  I actually like them, easy to keep clean, and they look like quality cabinets (I have white ones with glass insets).  I think they make more sense in this climate than MDF or similar cabinets.  When I say quality - I mean they are good for what they are - sturdy, and well made - who would have thought!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jawny

The OP might want to indicate if this is a single family home or a condo.  With a condo there may be different considerations as to power supply for kitchen, plumbing issues etc. 

Also, is use of premade kitchen installations okay?  There’s a lot of choices available for those and installation an easier process. I will always regret not electing to use premade kitchen counters, sinks etc in my first house. 

• Thanks 1

Paddy

Not having easy access to a kitchen company, we had our crew build the kitchen from scratch. 
7D1BA62D-D0F1-49A1-8773-A9D46CD59ED9.jpeg.930e9bab7d563daabe7eb79ea8309980.jpeg

Would I do it again this way?

No - our carpenters were the wrong people for this. The cabinets are sturdy but very basic. The tile counter is the norm locally but not the best surface if anyone in the kitchen has the dropsies. As you can see, it’s rather cluttered - which comes from large cabinets with not as much space as they should have.