Throw Away (Onward) Tickets

liquido

Just scored me a cheap throw away ticket ..Cebu Pacific ...Puerto Princesa to Hong Kong...Travel period Dec 1 to April 30...519p total price

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, liquido said:

Puerto Princesa to Hong Kong...Travel period Dec 1 to April 30...519p total price

That's a nice price for sure.

Been looking at going to Cambodia, India,etc.

I'm finding terrible flight times----most are over night. Hrs long waits in places I don't want to be----perhaps 2 or more stops. Almost have to leave out of Manila (usually waste a day there---can't get a connecting flight out of the country)-----prefer Cebu  anyway. Seems like it's always a female dog when you go west out of  PI instead of east.

liquido
4 minutes ago, seanm said:

wow. How did you find this price?

Luck of the gods...Just thought I would checkout Cebu pacific cause I have a trip going back to the USA at Christmas time and needed a throw away..

It's still valid. Look at Dec 1, 3, 5, 7 , 8, 12. One way. 519 p. The return is 2,220 p. 

That's a nice price for sure.
Been looking at going to Cambodia, India,etc.
I'm finding terrible flight times----most are over night. Hrs long waits in places I don't want to be----perhaps 2 or more stops. Almost have to leave out of Manila (usually waste a day there---can't get a connecting flight out of the country)-----prefer Cebu  anyway. Seems like it's always a female dog when you go west out of  PI instead of east.
In this case , the topic is about the flight you dont take , hence, throw away ticket. So doesnt matter what the flight times are ..just the price.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

to_dave007
On 10/22/2019 at 9:09 PM, user333 said:

It's still valid. Look at Dec 1, 3, 5, 7 , 8, 12. One way. 519 p. The return is 2,220 p. 

Shyte..  need throwaway for entry on Dec 13..  I'll look anyway.

Expedia. Com (not u.k. or any other expedia version) offers free 24 cancelation on many flights. Book a flight with no "booking fee" (cheap charge some expedia flights have) . It's very simple. When you cancel its done online, no waiting on hold or staff interaction. Takes about one minute literally. Money back on your card 2 or 3 days....Cancel when you arrive at your destination or after checking in past security..... Www.visatraveler.com blog describes it in depth... Simple and free with an actual ticket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, b7335920 said:

Cancel when you arrive at your destination or after checking in past security.....

????

Cancel after you passed immigration at destination

Not only the airline that you fly with  will check that you have a return or onward ticket, in some rare cases immigration at destination will check that you have it

After you buy the ticket you can cancel for free within 24 hours 

• Like 1
liquido
9 hours ago, Woolf said:

Not only the airline that you fly with  will check that you have a return or onward ticket, in some rare cases immigration at destination will check that you have it

Im one of those rare cases.matter of fact my last entry about a month ago in Cebu..Probably cause of the law of averages since i leave the country 3-4 times a year.Some members also might have more than 24 hours duration flight/wait time...I always kind of plan my throw away being used for at least 2 times also..

Edited by liquido
9 hours ago, liquido said:

Im one of those rare cases.matter of fact my last entry about a month ago in Cebu..Probably cause of the law of averages since i leave the country 3-4 times a year.Some members also might have more than 24 hours duration flight/wait time...I always kind of plan my throw away being used for at least 2 times also..

Expedia "free 24 hour cancellation" not a good idea for booking 24+ hour non stop flights with no internet access . And its  not a good idea if customer doesn't own a cell phone . It's also a bad idea if traveling through no internet airports .  The good news is if you buy expedia flight ticket and don't cancel in advance you can now make it an official " throwaway " ticket when it goes unused . No hassle of the money returning to your account

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Good to see you posting B...

I buy a full fare refundable on CC and refund it at my leisure.

More recently, I've just used the 24 hour free cancellation method discussed above, from any US based carrier. ie, United. Doesn't have to be Expedia. This is a US law requirement that full, free, refunds be given up to 24 hours.

-Never been on a greater than 24 hour flight (are there any continuous 24 hour flights to PI? I don't think so), but if it was a multi-segment, greater than 24hour, in theory you could book another ticket half-way through at a layover stop and then cancel your first. That way you would still have a valid ticket when you pass immigration.

-These are valid, real tickets. Not fake. They will pass any requirement or check that immigration or an airline will make.

-Electronic methods of showing a ticket, boarding pass, itinerary, etc to an immigration officer or guard is part of PI law and largely understood in all the airports at PI . A printout is not essential.

-Obviously this wouldn't work if you carry ZERO electronics with you. No laptop, no phone. Otherwise it works quite well.

-Almost all airports offer wifi these days. Mobile data cards are available at the smart and globe kiosks in the airports at PI. So, forgetting to cancel your ticket is more of a risk than not having Internet access to cancel a ticket.

Except for the possibility to forget, there are very few downsides to this method. Cancelling a fully refundable ticket often has a fee, sometimes a high one. By contrast, this method costs nothing.