Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

Visa upon arrival

Woolf
2 hours ago, Bama said:

No, yes.............semantics. LOL

just about the same as tourist going to usa  on the visa waiver program

Headshot

OK. So if I take my wife and daughter (who is a dual citizen) to New Zealand next year during school break, I need to apply for a visa for my wife and an ETA for myself and my daughter. It appears that you can apply for a visa online, which would save a trip to Manila possibly.

Is that correct?

My wife wants to visit Switzerland, but I have no desire to travel to Europe. I figure the Southern Alps on the south island of New Zealand should give her much the same experience (scenery wise) as a more expensive trip to Europe. Plus, she wants to see the change of colors (I suppose that is in April/May on the south island and play in the snow (which I believe would be just as available on the south island of New Zealand as in Switzerland in May.

Bama

If all I wanted to see is mountains and some trees then I would be heading down south.

NZ Southern Alps

1381385873_nzsalps.thumb.jpg.40785ab229821c17842f79f431ebe6f0.jpg

Swiss Alps

179521672_swissalps.thumb.jpg.5f7339b1d21258c70a7a86e99330b53b.jpg

• Thanks 1

mfishmike
On 10/21/2019 at 5:19 AM, Woolf said:

Arrived saturday  afternoon, at about 4 pm, mactan, asked about visa upon arrival, he told me  to stay inline and ask at the booth

well long line,  when I got a little closer asked again an officer, he again asked me to stay in line

a little later he told me to go to booth 1, she checked that  was not blacklisted,was ok, gave passport and 3000 piso o the officer, he came back 5 minutes 

later with passport and receipt ok back to booth 1   got my 59 days stay permit

Saves me a trip to immigration

Good for you!  I too bring 3,000p for those extra days.

mikewright

$54 Australian dollars if obtained in Oz, less than 2.000 pesos.

Woolf
58 minutes ago, mikewright said:

$54 Australian dollars if obtained in Oz, less than 2.000 pesos.

For me would be travel 600 km round trip plus collecting papers 

from embassy web site:

Duly-accomplished application form

One (1) 4.5 by 3.5 cm. colored photo

Airline ticket\ travel itinerary with flight details (inbound and outbound)

Proof of financial capacity (e.g. bank account;certificate of employment, letter of invite, etc.)

Personal appearance

Service fee (in cash and in Danish kroners only)

9a Temporary Visa – single entry, 3 months – DKK 225.00 ( about 1700 piso)

visa waiver extension (30 to 59 days) at immigration office is 3150 piso 

getting the visa upon arrival saves me a visit to an immigration office and 150 piso

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

mistaeric

I noticed while standing in the immigration line at Mactan, I notice the the changing sign over booth #1 and #2 its said Diplomat..Crew...Senior Citizen. Does that mean foreigners over 60 yrs old can go through that line also?

Davaoeno

Did it say Filipino Senior Citizens?   Because it seems to me if that's what they mean they would say so!!

( please file this post under Joke of the Day)

• Haha 1

Woolf
1 minute ago, mistaeric said:

I noticed while standing in the immigration line at Mactan, I notice the the changing sign over booth #1 and #2 its said Diplomat..Crew...Senior Citizen. Does that mean foreigners over 60 yrs old can go through that line also?

I guess so

but asked the immigration people there about if you can  (there are always people there to help arrivals get in line)

those are the booths that also handle visa upon arrival

liquido
2 hours ago, mistaeric said:

Nothing wrong going for it...You will not be fined or deported..I take it anyone over 60 there is a senior but locals there over 60 are senior citizens..When I go to businesses there with lines I always say senior coming through but never say senior citizen....haha