Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

Visa upon arrival

Woolf

Arrived saturday  afternoon, at about 4 pm, mactan, asked about visa upon arrival, he told me  to stay inline and ask at the booth

well long line,  when I got a little closer asked again an officer, he again asked me to stay in line

a little later he told me to go to booth 1, she checked that  was not blacklisted,was ok, gave passport and 3000 piso o the officer, he came back 5 minutes 

later with passport and receipt ok back to booth 1   got my 59 days stay permit

Saves me a trip to immigration

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Paddy

You’d have to virtually live next door to an embassy or consulate to make the 59 days cheaper than that but it will never be as easy as Woolf’s visa on arrival. 

• Like 1

to_dave007
6 minutes ago, Paddy said:

You’d have to virtually live next door to an embassy or consulate to make the 59 days cheaper than that but it will never be as easy as Woolf’s visa on arrival. 

From Masbate where do you normally go for Visa extension,..  is there BI office there?

Paddy
1 minute ago, to_dave007 said:

From Masbate where do you normally go for Visa extension,..  is there BI office there?

Before my SRRV, Legazpi - and that’s probably why I now have the SRRV!😄

There is no BI in Masbate.

The Legazpi BI always gave me great service and I only ever saw one other foreigner there so it was a pretty quiet office. The travel logistics were a pain though. 

• Like 1

govoner
34 minutes ago, Paddy said:

It's free if your a kiwi and get it in nz before your trip

Paddy

It’s about CAD$45 in Toronto. But to get it less than Woolf’s P3000 you’d have to live next door to the Consulate. Two trips, travel, parking, application form, photos, copy of eticket, statement of financial ability. It all adds up. 

Woolf
21 minutes ago, govoner said:

It's free if your a kiwi and get it in nz before your trip

did you check that ??       

an entry visa 30 days  is 48 nzd

check here https://www.philembassy.org.nz/consular/schedule-of-fees

and check here for 9a tourist visa

https://www.philembassy.org.nz/consular/visa#9a

govoner
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

did you check that ??       

an entry visa 30 days  is 48 nzd

check here https://www.philembassy.org.nz/consular/schedule-of-fees

and check here for 9a tourist visa

https://www.philembassy.org.nz/consular/visa#9a

I have had at least 6 in the last couple years 59 days free. As the Americans say it's quid pro quo as we give 59 days free to pinoys coming to nz

• Like 4

Headshot
47 minutes ago, govoner said:

I have had at least 6 in the last couple years 59 days free. As the Americans say it's quid pro quo as we give 59 days free to pinoys coming to nz

Do Filipinos have to get their visas at the NZ embassy prior to traveling to NZ, or can they get visas on arrival?

• Haha 1

Woolf
1 hour ago, govoner said:

This is what you are talking about        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_Philippines

image.thumb.png.fe5e392bf28e5d8057b72d0c790b7b4b.png

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

to_dave007
5 hours ago, Paddy said:

It’s about CAD$45 in Toronto.

Plus gas and parking or GO Train or VIA..  plus TTC..  It adds up in Toronto too. 

govoner
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Do Filipinos have to get their visas at the NZ embassy prior to traveling to NZ, or can they get visas on arrival?

No visa on arrival but can get 59 days through embassy for free

• Thanks 1

Headshot
2 hours ago, govoner said:

No visa on arrival but can get 59 days through embassy for free

Do Americans need a visa going to NZ?

Bama
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Do Americans need a visa going to NZ?

https://www.ivisa.com/new-zealand-blog/new-zealand-visa-for-us-citizens

No, yes.............semantics. LOL

The US is on New Zealand’s list of 60 visa waiver countries. As a result, you are not required to go to the nearest embassy to apply for your visa before departure. There is a catch, however. You do not need a New Zealand visa as long as you do not plan on staying there for more than 3 months. However, you will need to apply for an ETA. As such, you can basically apply online with iVisa. 

WHAT IS AN ETA?

The New Zealand Tourist eTa (NZ Electronic Travel Authority) is an electronic visa waiver that grants the right to enter multiple times to New Zealand. There is no need to make an appointment or present original documents to the Embassy or Consular Office.