Earthquakes near Davao (16 Oct 2019)

wondersailor
8 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Had two eartquakes today from what I heard in Digos. All the Malls are still closed 

Yesterday here. All malls, all grocery stores closed. The biggest, G mall, will be closed till Dec. The others don't know but judging from what I saw probably Dec. too. I had to jump on a bus to SM in Davao for groceries on Saturday. This is going to get old real fast.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wondersailor

• RedRanger

• Ozepete

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following my post here, I received a PM from a well known Davao member offering assistance if needed.  This is a terrific example of LinC friendship and very much appreciated especially as we have nev

My wife and our niece are staying at the Marco Polo in Davao and she just rang me very frightened, as there has been a 6.4 earthquake nearby.  All OK as they are on standby outside the hotel under ins

Just collected wifey from Tullamarine on her return home to Oz. She was staying on the 14th floor at Marco Polo when the quake occurred but flew back to Cebu and Montebello the next day. She was obvio

Posted Images

RedRanger
57 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Yesterday here. All malls, all grocery stores closed. The biggest, G mall, will be closed till Dec. The others don't know but judging from what I saw probably Dec. too. I had to jump on a bus to SM in Davao for groceries on Saturday. This is going to get old real fast.

Not all grocery stores are closed, I think Pure Gold is open and another stand alone one is still open.

wondersailor
16 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Not all grocery stores are closed, I think Pure Gold is open and another stand alone one is still open.

Pure Gold and Central Warehouse are now open but I put them in a larger than 7-11 catagory. But, since you are obviously in Digos yourself as well right now, I will bow to your superior knowledge

RedRanger
15 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Pure Gold and Central Warehouse are now open but I put them in a larger than 7-11 catagory. But, since you are obviously in Digos yourself as well right now, I will bow to your superior knowledge

I am in Texas, just know Digos well. I was chatting with my nephew yesterday he is in Digos. We were talking about which grocery stores were still opened.  He said he told his wife to drive to the malls in Toril since they are open and you don't get into all the stupid traffic closer to the heart of Davao 

Ozepete

Just collected wifey from Tullamarine on her return home to Oz. She was staying on the 14th floor at Marco Polo when the quake occurred but flew back to Cebu and Montebello the next day. She was obviously quite frightened and has declared never to stay in a high rise hotel ever again so only ones at ground level now and that suits me fine!! :thumbsup:

• Like 4
wondersailor

Beginning to think my first choice of Palawan would have been a better place to live.

RedRanger
4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Another one for us in the Digos region. 6.6

How long ago?

4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Beginning to think my first choice of Palawan would have been a better place to live.

Not a bad choice, it would be on my list as well

RedRanger

image.thumb.png.eb3bf7bfa490e3a6b2d0a1c384e4c4e3.png

That is A&B hotel the top is has fell over, The hotel is owned by a Fil Am from Houston Texas, I stay there from time to time.

Edited by RedRanger
wondersailor

Magsaysay, outside of Bansalan, got it the worst. Many collapsed buildings, one student died trying to escape falling cinder blocks at his school. I just hope no 4s or 5s tonight as there have been today.

RedRanger
3 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Magsaysay, outside of Bansalan, got it the worst. Many collapsed buildings, one student died trying to escape falling cinder blocks at his school. I just hope no 4s or 5s tonight as there have been today.

Do you think Mt Apo may erupt?

wondersailor
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

Do you think Mt Apo may erupt?

I have no earthly idea. I am not a vulcanologist. Not even an amateur one. I have read on Facebook that a few expat nonvulcanologist think it is possible. But then they worry about lava flow and even most lay persons know it ain't the.lava but the ash that will probably kill you. I guess time will tell.