Toilet installation

If you go to city hardware  and do not have, go to Atlantic hardware  in tabunok, if not have try go further south you will see wilcon on the left

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

If you go to city hardware  and do not have, go to Atlantic hardware  in tabunok, if not have try go further south you will see wilcon on the left

Also one in Mandaue - smaller?

Wilcon I've seen on way to new bridge

Headshot

The two Wilcon stores were approximately the same size, but they recently expanded the store in Mandaue. I don't know if they have done the same to the store in Talisay.

Citi, Atlantic, Wilcon all on same road = close to an hour

If can't find at Cebu Bionic / Ace will try this Sunday if they are open - I know more expensive but less aggravation.

Yes these are readily available, I can get closet/toilet flanges at my local Citi Hardware in Biliran. When I installed my toilet I bought it at Handyman in Tacloban, they also have them at Saver's Depot and Wilcon in Tacloban. So they must have them in Cebu if I can get them in this backwater.........Wiessernisson  or something like that is the brand name....

Don't forget ..a " bum gun " !
( best invention ever )

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Got it at ACE in SM also screw & anchor sleeves

Now to see what size pipe they used - asked her to ask the father several times - still no answer

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I used a Green Sani Seal Waxless Toilet Flange Gasket. It works great. Put it on both of my toilets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Headshot
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

Now to see what size pipe they used - asked her to ask the father several times - still no answer

You know that it will be substandard size and probably substandard quality. The Filipino way is to use the least expensive option (initially), even if it will cost more later on and cause problems. It isn't their way to anticipate problems in the future.

Edited by Headshot
  • Sad 1
41 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You know that it will be substandard size and probably substandard quality. The Filipino way is to use the least expensive option (initially), even if it will cost more later on and cause problems. It isn't their way to anticipate problems in the future.

Yep - we argue about that - "this pot is cheaper my love" it is and MAYBE half as thick - spent 2K on my Sous vide pot (heavy duty with glass lid -40% off) when she would have gotten a cheap thin Aluminum one - no lid 1.2K

Just bought P2K for anti-skid strips and edging for stairs - a kid washes them every morning and of course they are glass smooth

I've fallen once and she almost fell holding a baby - going back for All Saints Eve - first thing is installing strip / edges.

You should check every piece of pipe/plumbing/fittings in the store before you pay.

Just because the label states that something is 3/4 inch doesn't mean that it is so.One piece of pipe can hardly be driven into the correct size union let's say and yet try another pipe out of the same batch and it falls out on its own.Threaded couplings have to be taped about twice as much as you might think would be the norm in the states.

Quality control in the PI plumbing world is sorely lacking as HS suggested.

32 minutes ago, Bama said:

You should check every piece of pipe/plumbing/fittings in the store before you pay.

Just because the label states that something is 3/4 inch doesn't mean that it is so.One piece of pipe can hardly be driven into the correct size union let's say and yet try another pipe out of the same batch and it falls out on its own.Threaded couplings have to be taped about twice as much as you might think would be the norm in the states.

Quality control in the PI plumbing world is sorely lacking as HS suggested.

Already roughed in - final is installing toilet - will be bringing multicab and staying a week - can get to Inabanga / Tubigon very easy - planning a trip south anyway if needed- can't get it installed?

Feck it - let them worry about it.-  won't go back til it is

I bought it cause I refuse to use the one downstairs at night :oldtimer:and peeing in a tabo is not that sexy