OZ waterpark bans skimpy bikini bottoms

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/australia-park-banning-cheeky-bikini-bottoms

image.png.ccbc277e0f9ad5cd486bf939b2331057.png

A water park in Australia has been called sexist after implementing a dress code that bans “cheeky” bikini bottoms. However, the theme park stands by its decision and claims the ban is not “gender-specific.”

Adventure World in Perth, which describes itself as a “family-friendly park,” released an infographic on its Facebook page informing guests that revealing bikini bottoms would not be allowed. The image shows two “appropriate swimwear” options that offer full backside coverage, and two others – a G-string and high-cut swimsuit bottom variation – that are now banned.

The graphic also included a warning: “Don’t be too cheeky.”

Soon after the park posted the photo, it was inundated with responses, many of which called the park sexist and discriminatory.

“And this is why sexism still exists,” one user wrote.

“Those men better cover their nipples too. Won’t somebody think of the children!?” another person mocked.

“HAHA this is so stupid,” wrote another.

“Bum cheeks will scar your kids? Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen,” someone else commented.

The "family-friendly" water park has banned certain bikini bottoms, claiming the new dress code is in line with other theme parks throughout Australia. (iStock)

“Thanks for policing women’s bodies Adventure World. Now where’s the men’s version?” another asked.

However, there were several that defended the park’s actions, claiming that the tiny swimsuit bottoms are not appropriate for a family-oriented park.

“Glad to see something still standing for modesty and appropriateness,” one person commented on the photo.

“I support this Adventure World - Official Page!! People have no manners these days,” one person wrote. “Cover up and have some respect for yourselves and consideration for the other people who are also enjoying the park.”

“Well done Adventure World!! I think this is a great move!!” another praised.

Adventure World released a statement to News.com.au, claiming its rules were in line with other theme parks in Australia.

“Let’s not confuse the issue. This update is about dress standards and dress standards only. It is not gender-specific,” the statement said. “Adventure World is a family-friendly theme park. We keep informed of industry trends and whilst this was not a decision taken lightly, it is in line with other parks nationwide.”

• Haha 1
Ozepete

I agree with Adventure World after all it is a family venue. There's a place for everything but kids don't need this... :showing-ass:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

I agree with Adventure World after all it is a family venue. There's a place for everything but kids don't need this... :showing-ass:

Will also help to forestall domestic arguments when hubby walks into wall ogling?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
cookie47

Ahh, they be banning Budgie smugglers next. Haha,, 

But I must agree with Ozzie Pete on this one. 

Family oriented public place needs some sort of standards,, so I guess if a company wants to implement rules of entry so be it, Don't like it don't go,, Although the Internet is probably worse than bum cheeks at a water park. The whole issue is subjective as a public beach is just as pervocative.. Seen plenty of skin at Surfers paradise... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Ahh, they be banning Budgie smugglers next. Haha,, 

But I must agree with Ozzie Pete on this one. 

Family oriented public place needs some sort of standards,, so I guess if a company wants to implement rules of entry so be it, Don't like it don't go,, Although the Internet is probably worse than bum cheeks at a water park. The whole issue is subjective as a public beach is just as pervocative.. Seen plenty of skin at Surfers paradise... 

Same with Banana Hammock?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a similar note:        (Pic of the female scofflaw is at the link below so you can be the judge) LOL

https://philippineslifestyle.com/taiwanese-tourist-wears-just-a-string-in-boracay-fined/

Taiwanese tourist wears just a ‘string’ in Boracay fined

A photo of a Taiwanese tourist wearing literally just a “string” in Boracay circulated online yesterday.

As a result, the Boracay police station summoned the female tourist who was in her 20s and was fined P2,500.

“Several residents and tourists took photos of her on Wednesday and Thursday because of what she was wearing,” Maj. Jess Baylon, police chief of Malay town, which includes Boracay, told the INQUIRER.

It was not the first time that the Taiwanese tourist wore a string bikini in the famous white sand beach. She wore a white string bikini on Wednesday, Oct. 9, a red one with a similar cut yesterday.

The tourist’s viral social media photos caught the attention of The Boracay Inter-Agency Rehabilitation Management Group on Wednesday.

Baylon said they found the Taiwanese tourist in a hotel in Station 1 with her boyfriend. The couple was brought to the police station along with a hotel representative at 5:30 p.m. yesterday.

Taiwanese tourist wears literally just a string in Boracay

“It was literally a string,” Baylon said.

However, the tourist told the police that she found nothing wrong with her “just a string” bikini saying it is her “form of expression and of feeling comfortable with her body.”

According to Baylon, the tourist who wore a dress at the police station also said that is what she usually wears in Taiwan.

The tourist was given a citation ticket and needed to pay P2,500 fine for taking and displaying “lewd” photographs.

Baylon said the Taiwanese couple would have to pay the fine before they can leave the island today, October 11.

• Like 1
cookie47

Was on GMA news tonight.

The offending area was pixelated.

Bum.....

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

No big deal, the string bottoms can be recycled as dental floss...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
13 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Was on GMA news tonight.
The offending area was pixelated.
Bum..... emoji23.png

Just for you… 

received_506759593493337.jpeg

• Like 2

It's the person in the suit  that makes it sexy

DSCN0143.JPG

• Like 1
to_dave007

I thought that this feeling of "I can do whatever the F I want" entitlement was limited to the western world.  Apparently not.

In addition to the 2500 PHP fine..  they should have made her wait in a Pinoy queue for some hours to pay it.

• Like 2