My US bank called at 3:45 am

lamoe

1 minute ago, Bama said:

My bank has this option too-----one that I use several times a month.

It's the CC associated with my bank that has become the problem. When trying to buy plane tickets the CC wants to verify the purchase by sending me a code number-----via cell phone only. The cell number on file is out of date---would prefer email anyway which never changes but haven't found a way to change to this option.Been told that the change has to be made via phone or in person. In person would require a trip to the states. 

Have them call you

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• cookie47

• Bama

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the past few years I've received  umpteen calls from numbers supposedly from my area or other places thruout the USA that were all spoofer.scam calls.  I even had a few that used my own number tryi

Well having signed up for a PLDT Landline, internet, and Signal package I investigated "why" on the landline IDD did not work.  My wife called the call center and was told we need a TIN number to

Hope not off topic,,,, Thanks for your help,,, , I "was" an avid PayPal user for years. However when we retired and went on the road full time in Australia in a caravan (travel trailer) because (I c

Kahuna
19 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Have them call you

Bama said

"The cell number on file is out of date"

• Thanks 1
cookie47
1 hour ago, Bama said:

So what service are you using that allows you to receive phone calls from the US on your cell phone.

Just FYI....... We have a PLDT landline (fiber) package and 2 Smart Mobiles and can get inbound (and outbound) calls on both mobiles ,, in Cebu no problems to the UK and Australia.. 

"But" PLDT will not activate our landline for IDD calling outbound as we are "pensioners" and we might not pay the bill. TRUE..(Their words) But that's another story...   

Edited by cookie47
Addition
52 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Bama said

"The cell number on file is out of date"

Can give them the new number via the site customer comments section

1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

"But" PLDT will not activate our landline for IDD calling outbound as we are "pensioners" and we might not pay the bill. TRUE..(Their words) But that's another story...   

WTF does being a pensioner have to do with anything you probably wondered ? Were you told this in Cebu or in UK,Oz?

The landline option was the big reason for us getting PLDT.

Globe wifi costs us 1K PHP per month for 65G of data I think. PLDT costs twice as much I believe but it's a lot faster I'm sure. PLDT would save us a trip to the mall each month as we can pay online.

• Like 1
cookie47
2 minutes ago, Bama said:

WTF does being a pensioner have to do with anything

Well having signed up for a PLDT Landline, internet, and Signal package I investigated "why" on the landline IDD did not work. 

My wife called the call center and was told we need a TIN number to avail IDD to be switched on. 

Obviously as non working pensioners we could not and have no need for a TIN number. Spoke  finally to supervisor,, Nope,,, having been told by a very young lady "you might not be able to pay the account" as you are pensioners.. WTF.. gave up... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Headshot

Receiving a phone call from the US on a cell phone in the Philippines (regardless of the SIM) isn't an issue. If they have your number, they can call you here. Calling the US with a cell phone in the Philippines is where problems will develop (unless you have a plan that will allow you to do so). Personally, I use Skype to call the US, but I have received several calls from my siblings in the US on my cell phone here (both on Smart and Globe SIMs).

cookie47

This is probably old news,, but here we go,,, I use Smarts  "Sulitidd" to call my sister in the UK and an occasional call to Australia on my SMART Pre paid mobile without any problems. The Smart web page also mentions the USA. Call quality  to me is excellent.. 

Using my "normal" mobile credit I text Sulitidd100 to 8165., Note,, I normally don't sign up for a plan or unlimited promos as I rarely use voice in PH and thus don't get the benefit of one month UNLIMITED CALL AND TEXT. type promos. 

I know the basic call rate (when I do make a local voice call) is more expensive compared to a promo but if you don't use it you loose it.. 

Anyway,,, THIS Sulitidd now puts p100 on to "International" call credit (larger amounts are available,, your choice.. 

Thus this  P100 gives me about 15 mins of talk time (I'm guessing here) and my sister knows that when Smart pull the plug and the line goes dead my International credit is gone. 

It works for me. (maybe there's a better way).. 

It is possible this way to have international credit sitting on your phone (for say an emergency) but remember the "international"  credit "component" expires monthly if not used. 

BTW I'd love to use Skype but my sister is 77 so no chance of Skype or the like.. 

Lastly, speaking on banking I can do almost anything through my banks website 

Address change 

Swap money from/to accounts /write them a secure letter.. I haven't struck a limitation... Yet. 

Headshot

Your sister doesn't need to have a computer for you to use Skype. You can call her on her phone. It would be the same as any other voice call. The only thing she would need her to have access to a computer for would be if you wanted to do a video call.

• Like 1
cookie47
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Your sister doesn't need to have a computer

Yeh, good thinking thanks, I might try that.

cookie47
[mention=18904]cookie47[/mention]

skype calling rates to uk
https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/United Kingdom#
Thanks,

well worth looking into,Call rates are good,,, I'm now looking for a way to add Skype credit, "other" than using my credit card. (you know what I mean)...Although my wife's card is low balance..

Anyway Lazada has got it so what the heck..
I used to use Skype extensively from Aus to PH from computer to computer but never to a landline.. I haven't used it for so long I didn't realize it's part of Microsoft....

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Like 1
shadow
14 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Thanks,

well worth looking into,Call rates are good,,, I'm now looking for a way to add Skype credit, "other" than using my credit card. (you know what I mean)...Although my wife's card is low balance..

Anyway Lazada has got it so what the heck..
I used to use Skype extensively from Aus to PH from computer to computer but never to a landline.. I haven't used it for so long I didn't realize it's part of Microsoft....

I pay Skype though Paypal, you can link Paypal to a card or a bank account.

Someone calling my Skype number has no way of knowing it is a Skype number, it's just another phone number to them with your choice of area/city codes. Choose a number local to someone who calls you a lot, then when they call you, it is free for both parties. 

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1
cookie47
I pay Skype though Paypal, you can link Paypal to a card or a bank account.
Someone calling my Skype number has no way of knowing it is a Skype number, it's just another phone number to them with your choice of area/city codes. Choose a number local to someone who calls you a lot, then when they call you, it is free for both parties. 
Hope not off topic,,,,

Thanks for your help,,, , I "was" an avid PayPal user for years. However when we retired and went on the road full time in Australia in a caravan (travel trailer) because (I can only guess) we travelled through different states over 12 months PayPal "somehow"? concluded (maybe by an IP address) that didn't match our home address?? that there was and flagged some sort of illegal activity.

(That's what they said) on their website.. So they locked my account and I had to wait for 9 months for an investigation to complete and THEN when they were happy they wanted me to fax/supply a copy of my driver's license and passport (to positive ID me) To AMERICA, HAHA, I'm gonna do that arnt I,,, So I gave PayPal the flick.. Byby..
Ps,, I understand and found out later by (other traveller's) that this was was not uncommon in Aus.. I don't mind institution's being proactive with security but Hey,, when the innocent party suffers.

• Like 2