lamoe
11 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Yes, but they cost over a thousand dollars installed. I'm way to cheap for that. Much easier to remove the gutters or the tree, which I did last year. Couldn't get the neighbor to remove his though...:P

10 hours ago, Bama said:

There is a Lowes, HD version of gutter caps that comes in 3 foot sections, snaps together, and cost very little money. One long edge slips under the existing shingles---the other edge hooks onto the lip of a standard gutter.

Had them on my old house for years. Somethings get through over time and they can mildew fairly quick----I probably only cleaned them up once every few years.Thankfully, I could do all of this work off a step ladder.

Cost about $100 for me to do gutters on ex-wife's  single story quad-condo

https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/gutters/gutter-guards/

Installing gutter guards on an average sized home costs most homeowners $1,018, or between $544 and $1,605. The price ranges from $200 to install inexpensive covers yourself to as much as $6,000 for high-end, professional installation. The price of the material runs from $1.20 per foot to $10 per foot.

Bama
12 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Venting. The standard up-market roof venting system for a house here in Masbate is a soffit vent in each corner. There are no corresponding roof vents. I have no idea how this is supposed to make a difference. I have yet to see a roof vent on sale anywhere.

Exactly right.There is nowhere for the hot air to go if cooler air were to enter the soffit vents at each corner----standard  practice also here in T Town.

The vent pictured below is what I have in mind for my house---can't seem to find a vent like this that can be installed on a Spanish style metal roof.They sell turbine vents here but in my experience in the states they often fall in a few years.

1207309289_ventwithbaffles.jpg.7ff5cfa108a8b45ef959fdd67f80234a.jpg

lamoe
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bama said:

Exactly right.There is nowhere for the hot air to go if cooler air were to enter the soffit vents at each corner----standard  practice also here in T Town.

The vent pictured below is what I have in mind for my house---can't seem to find a vent like this that can be installed on a Spanish style metal roof.They sell turbine vents here but in my experience in the states they often fall in a few years.

1207309289_ventwithbaffles.jpg.7ff5cfa108a8b45ef959fdd67f80234a.jpg

If can't find passive roof vents may want to consider whole house fan(s) or attic end fans

Box fan w/ SS bug screen?

Had a 1 M - 200 CMM whole house one - used screen door in overhang to achieve 1 SM required vent area - luckily had  1 1/3 M wide overhang

Edited by lamoe

Paddy

Considering that they have yet to figure out how to do a metal roof without exposing all the screws/nails to the rain, your chances of finding a prefabricated and bug proof ridge vent must be vanishingly small. 

I have seen ridge venting on warehouse buildings but it’s big and built as part of the roof / building structure. 

Bama
2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Considering that they have yet to figure out how to do a metal roof without exposing all the screws/nails to the rain

That is another concern for sure. The OP mentioned that he was to use SS tek screws but at some point they start to corrode.

Vulca Seal each screwhead and a repaint is the only option left several years down the line when this starts to happen.Who wants to do this mess ???----not me.