Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Tip when in Passport Control line Mactan Airport

lamoe

Got delayed 24 hours by Typhoon in China  - arrived here at 245AM -another story   Loooong lines for passport control - 99% Chinise

After about 1/2 hour - moved maybe 1/5 th  the way

Noticed electronic sign over one booth (extreme left one) - Diplomats, crew - then "Seniors"

Went over asked "any senior or only Filipino?" - no one in line

Said " let me see passport " went back got luggage - out 1 minute later - no customs inspection

• Like 4

Woolf

That is the same booth you go to if you want visa on arrival 

last tear october the fee was 3000 piso, gives you 59 days stay

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

PeteHK

I regularly use this line which is on the left side as you face the counters. Usually I am with my wife and seeking a BB stamp.

However, according to an expat posting on another Cebu forum, he was given a very hard time by a younger immigration officer recently for using this senior line and was told not to use it again in the future, apparently because he is not Filipino. 

Another tip for seniors when departing on international flights and specially when immigration is busy - when you have your boarding pass/airport service charge payment checked when entering the immigration hall, ask the checker (normally a woman) if there is a line for seniors. They can open up the tape to let you through to the front of the queue by the counters on the right side. Often saved time doing this.

• Like 3

liquido

Came in the country last week..The young immigration officer said why you not get a proper Visa because you have alot of extensions here??.That was first time I was ever asked that.I always stay here about 4 months,go USA and then comeback..I will do the left booth next time and get the 59 day...

Woolf
7 minutes ago, liquido said:

Came in the country last week..The young immigration officer said why you not get a proper Visa because you have alot of extensions here??.That was first time I was ever asked that.I always stay here about 4 months,go USA and then comeback..I will do the left booth next time and get the 59 day...

Last year when came to the immigration area there was a young immigration officer standing about where the lines started

I told her that I wanted visa on arrival, she took me to that boot for Diplomats, Crew and Seniors the officer there checked my passport

and showed me a bench to sit and wait, the young officer took my 3000 php, went away and in less than 10 minutes came back

with a receipt and then took me to that left most booth again, got my 59 days stay

If there is an officer about where the lines start, better ask him/her for direction about visa on arrival

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T.S.
4 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Last year when came to the immigration area there was a young immigration officer standing about where the lines started

I told her that I wanted visa on arrival, she took me to that boot for Diplomats, Crew and Seniors the officer there checked my passport

and showed me a bench to sit and wait, the young officer took my 3000 php, went away and in less than 10 minutes came back

with a receipt and then took me to that left most booth again, got my 59 days stay

If there is an officer about where the lines start, better ask him/her for direction about visa on arrival

Isn't it still a visa waiver even when extended to 59 days?

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/visa-waiver

Visa Upon Arrival is what the Chinese and a few others get.  :thumbs_up:

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/special-visa/applications-for-visa-upon-arrival

Woolf
41 minutes ago, T.S. said:

Isn't it still a visa waiver even when extended to 59 days?

It is NOT an extension you get at port of entry, it is a visa upon arrival

the receipt you get  says  visa upon arrival  2500 + fast lane 500 = 3000 php

when the immigration officer at the booth see the receipt he/she will give you 59 days, because you now have a visa

just as when you arrive with a prearranged visa, you get 59 days

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

rizla

If you get the middle aged guy in immigration, be prepared to answer a lot of questions,  I got the 3000 peso receipt and then waited in line as directed, he wanted to know why if I was not married did I want to stay 3 months, when I said I had a home in Argao and would be applying for an SRRV visa he asked why I didn't already have an ACR card, he seemed to doubt my answer that I had only visited each time for around 21 days and only now had the time to spend longer here. he then asked me to wait and went to chat with the lady who had issued the receipt and the left hand desk, he returned a few mins later and reluctantly or so his body language indicated, stamped my passport and gave me 59 days. I just gave him a pleasant smile and thanked him, inwardly sighing with relief.

Different story in the immigration dept in Lapu lapu 3 weeks ago, the extension was done in less than an hour to March 2020, and the staff really helpful, have to return next week (same office) to pick up the ACR card. 

Oh there is a middle aged woman immigration officer at Mactan airport, she is a doll really chatty and friendly and always welcomes you to Cebu with what appears to be a genuine smile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

mistaeric
Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, Woolf said:

That is the same booth you go to if you want visa on arrival 

last tear october the fee was 3000 piso, gives you 59 days stay

I tried that last night going to booth #1 instead of the long lines. Immigration officer stopped me and told me to get in that long line and when I reach the booth tell them I want visa  extension. Of course theres always one idiot that dont know how to fill out his forms correctly which I was waiting behind! I was too tired and plus there were 6 or 7 travelers in that area waiting for visa or whatever.  I headed to baggage claim.

Edited by mistaeric

Salty Dog

Do Filipinos have a different line than visitors?

What about Filipinos getting a BB?