Seperated

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

I would like you to show us where there is divorce in the Philippines (other than for Muslims).

I didnt say anything about other than Muslims.   I know 2 couples who got divorced in the last year simply by declaring themselves as Muslims.    Should i want a divorce I will do the same thing.   [ I wont convert since at present I have no declared religion - so being Muslim will be my first time to declare a religion. Of course if after say 3 months [ the time for the divorce to go through ]  Im not happy declaring myself as a Muslim I will simply declare myself again as having no religion again.  .   Taking advantage of loopholes in the law is NOT illegal ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• exploringlife2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Google "David Scott adultery". How could anyone here not know of this case? It's been news for over a decade.

For some older women any grandchild is better than no grandchild.

As near as i can tell, it was legal in the Philippines, it was the US embassy that did not accept it. It appears they did it to be able to immigrate her to the US. It didn't work.

Posted Images

Headshot
2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I didnt say anything about other than Muslims.   I know 2 couples who got divorced in the last year simply by declaring themselves as Muslims.    Should i want a divorce I will do the same thing.   [ I wont convert since at present I have no declared religion - so being Muslim will be my first time to declare a religion. Of course if after say 3 months [ the time for the divorce to go through ]  Im not happy declaring myself as a Muslim I will simply declare myself again as having no religion again.  .   Taking advantage of loopholes in the law is NOT illegal ! 

Did you read Shadow's post? It appears you have to be a Muslim when you get married to get a Muslim divorce and make it legal.

Edited by Headshot
Headshot

Muslims don't go through the whole Philippine process to get married. I'm not even sure if the marriage is recorded and where. Nevertheless, it is a separate system.

rfm010
14 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Stay in good graces with your wife.  Apostasy is heavily frowned upon by some.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, exploringlife2 said:

I met a Filipina who I like. She is separated with a foreigner who she has a baby with. He told her if she wants a divorce she can pay for it herself. Only communication is in regards to their child. His mother pays her support for the child monthly.

Is it dangerous for me to get involved in this situation? Is it difficult for her to get a divorce/annulment?

On question #1 others have answered better than I can.  On #2, you might check with an attorney in the jurisdiction where the husband lives.  Not sure what country he's in. but in the U.S. each state has its own laws on divorce, and in some states the requirement is just that one of the parties must have been domiciled in that state for some period of time (such as six months), and if that requirement is met then an out-of-state or out-of-country spouse can file in that state. It's worth a phone consultation with an attorney where he lives to determine options. 

There are some practical reasons why he might want to cooperate, once a divorce starts he is potentially on the hook for child support, alimony, and division of property including some types of retirement that he may have.  Having her (meaning you) do all the work for that to let him off or let him off lightly is in his interest.  That is if you choose to go that route.   If this is an early relationship then of course you're at risk of being the white knight that clears this up for her only to have her move on afterward.  But that's not what you asked. :)

Edit:  and my understanding is that while there is no divorce in the Philippines, they do recognize a divorce legally completed in another country.  It may also matter where they got married, I'm not sure about that. 

Edited by Chris24
  • Thanks 2
shadow
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Did you read Shadow's post? It appears you have to be a Muslim when you get married to get a Muslim divorce and make it legal.

As near as i can tell, it was legal in the Philippines, it was the US embassy that did not accept it. It appears they did it to be able to immigrate her to the US. It didn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007
2 hours ago, rfm010 said:

thank you Google

a·pos·ta·sy

/əˈpästəsē/

noun

noun: apostasy; plural noun: apostasies

the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

"the execution of their leader for apostasy brought widespread criticism"

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
10 hours ago, rfm010 said:

Fortunately for me I have no current religion to abandon 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
rfm010
17 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Fortunately for me I have no current religion to abandon 😁

That can be almost as heavily frowned upon by some local bureaucrats wanting you to make a choice of religion on a government form.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I have learned that while in the Philippines not to state my lack of religion .

A few years ago I had to go to a large church to find a priest for the cremation of my friend [ who was Catholic].  When there the receptionist asked if I was Catholic.  I gave her my stock reply which is that I am Buddhist- to which she asked " Chinese Buddhist?"- to which I replied - " no - Canadian Buddhist !". Oh, she said- thats nice.  hehe

In Canada I just tell people I am a Pastafarian [ Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster]   . I am an official member but most government forms here dont have that on their drop down list !! :rofl:

Self declaring myself as Muslim for a few months does not bother me in the least !!  Who knows- I might decide I like it .  [ how many wives did you say I can have  ?? ]

• Haha 1
Headshot
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Self declaring myself as Muslim for a few months does not bother me in the least !!  Who knows- I might decide I like it .  [ how many wives did you say I can have  ?? ]

Four, but you are also allowed concubines on the side.

...and when you die, you get 72 Virginians to make sure you don't get bored. 

Edited by Headshot
Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Four, but you are also allowed concubines on the side.

I might be able to finally retire my silicone companions !! 

Davaoeno

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Pastafarianism. ... According to adherents, Pastafarianism is a "real, legitimate religion, as much as any other". In New Zealand, Pastafarian representatives are authorized to officiate weddings

According to adherents, Pastafarianism is a "real, legitimate religion, as much as any other". ... However, in the United States, a federal court has ruled that the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" is not a real religion. In August 2018 the Dutch Council of State also ruled that Pastafarianism is not a religion

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Edited by Davaoeno
Headshot
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

According to adherents, Pastafarianism is a "real, legitimate religion, as much as any other". ... However, in the United States, a federal court has ruled that the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" is not a real religion. In August 2018 the Dutch Council of State also ruled that Pastafarianism is not a religion

That must be why you don't find any SM stores in the US or Holland.