Freetochat

Travel Insurance

Freetochat

Can anyone advise a good travel insurance for Filipino citizen visiting UK please.  Ideally available to book online

rfm010
12 hours ago, Freetochat said:

Can anyone advise a good travel insurance for Filipino citizen visiting UK please.  Ideally available to book online

One cant tell what is good without hearing tales about how well a company has delivered on a claim.  I havent heard reliable tales good or bad for any company so i share your question.  

I do, however, use malayan, and hope for the best.  Malayan .com

Freetochat

OK.  Thanks.  I will check them out

cookie47

On our last few trips from Australia to PH (and return) we used "Insure and go". As we were well into our sixties it got harder to use "Main stream insurer's (like Allianz etc) because" Insure and go" insure up to age 99 (if I remember correctly).( but that maybe irrelevant to you) . However easy web application, I declared minor blood pressure issues which didn't change the costing. 

Now I think they are a world wide insurer irrespective of departure point. Google will help. 

Are they any good, well as others have said??,, don't know. we never had a claim,,, The blog on the website goes from excellence to terrable. 

Freetochat

Thanks.  Will check them out

Jester
Posted (edited)

Getting to be elderly I brought this topic up some time ago.    All the ones I looked at will not cover pre existing conditions, most of what I am concerned about is already an issue.  People that have bought insurance and not used it are not a good source of info.    None of the ones travel agents include with tickets are any good and you will notice to get around insurance laws are called trip protection, not insurance.

Edited by Jester

Jester

Would not let me finish?  

When I brought my bride to the US 14 years ago not knowing any better I bought travel insurance for her.  She got sick and they paid the first small claim and then denied claims after that.  Not enough money to hire a lawyer, but they likely have more lawyers than claims adjusters.

There are a couple decent companys but super expensive.  

Google travel insurance complaints or scams and see what you think.  I decided against buying it. 

cookie47
13 minutes ago, Jester said:

All the ones I looked at will not cover pre existing conditions,

Have a look at the site I mentioned, they seem to understand pre existing conditions and seem to cover most things, of coarse I guess at a higher cost. But I've never been penalized for "slightly elevated blood pressure.. 

But I agree with you,, as with "all" insurance,, one has no idea of what you will get until the time comes to claim. You can always get a quote on this site without committing to anything. 

https://www.insureandgo.com/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-for-medical-conditions

Headshot
Posted (edited)

Most people think you can only get DAN insurance if you are a diver, but that isn't true. They have different policies, and they are good pretty much everywhere. They have trip insurance.

https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/

Edited by Headshot

Jester
15 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Have a look at the site I mentioned, they seem to understand pre existing conditions and seem to cover most things, of coarse I guess at a higher cost. But I've never been penalized for "slightly elevated blood pressure.. 

But I agree with you,, as with "all" insurance,, one has no idea of what you will get until the time comes to claim. You can always get a quote on this site without committing to anything. 

https://www.insureandgo.com/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-for-medical-conditions

Have you ever filed a claim with them?

cookie47
Have you ever filed a claim with them?

As stated in my first post,,, no,,,,, .So I'm quite prepared to accept that I gave no real world experience in how a claim would proceed.

The positive I was trying to convey is that they do accept applications of people of senior years where other don't.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Jester
Posted (edited)

There are  what appears to be industry generated reviews online, giving glowing reports of how great the company's are.  Very easy to use website,  Brittany gave us extra special service, on and on adnausium.  Then with some poking around there are many of these also,  generated by competitors or actual disgruntled customers? 

This is what happened with the wifes policy,  they just wear you down with BS. 

aaa.PNG

Edited by Jester