Daisy

Doomsday Prefer

Daisy

I open up this topic for a very personal reason, I got involved with someone who claims that he is...eventually we broke up because of the realization that we are not good enough for each other and we were in 2 different worlds. We both are sad but the decision was final. What do you think guys? Did we made a right decision? Now, I want to know more about the subject. Anyone?

lamoe

If it didn't feel right then it probably wasn't

Preppers fall into two categories  - depending on what the prepping is for - also area, age, family, etc.

Temporary disasters - hurricane /  Earthquake in areas that have them  - yes worth it

End of world / society breakdown (nuclear war, mega meteor extinction  strike , ring of fire volcanoes going off) - for me  - no - disease / marauding gangs, at 72 not worth it.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

battleborn

As my Mom would say, " there is still plenty of fish in the sea".

• Like 1

Ozepete
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I open up this topic for a very personal reason, I got involved with someone who claims that he is...eventually we broke up because of the realization that we are not good enough for each other and we were in 2 different worlds. We both are sad but the decision was final. What do you think guys? Did we made a right decision? Now, I want to know more about the subject. Anyone?

Sorry Daisy but if a key to your potential relationship is a 'doomsday prepper' then I think you have more important issues to deal with. We watch the US tv show Doomsday Preppers as though it is a comedy but sadly it is not. Those people are obsessed, an obsession that is harming them and often their innocent kids, for absolutely no reason. Life is for living happily not full of fear. I hope you can move on... Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paddy
On 9/28/2019 at 5:05 AM, Daisy said:

of the realization that we are not good enough for each other

At least one of you was fooling themself or fibbing...

• Like 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

At least one of you was fooling themself or fibbing...

I have spoken with Daisy - choice of words "not good enough for each other" was probably meant to be

"right for each other"

• Like 3

Headshot

Daisy, follow your instincts. Nobody can tell you what to do in this situation. However, I can see where a "doom and gloomer" might be difficult to deal with you having such an optimistic outlook on life. Just follow your instincts, and you will likely make the right decisions for you.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Daisy

Thank you so much for all your contributions guys. I have nothing against preparing for the future but to be consumed by it is for me unacceptable although we really both try to make it work. Another issues were, . he lives in Davenport Iowa. me is in the suburbs of Chicago.  He works night shift and I work day time. It was painful  because we hang on to it for almost 2 years until such time that enough is enough for us.  we talked a lot over the phone but we seldom see each other. I will always tell my self, the future is always to be looked at with optimism and sunshine not with negativity and darkness. I know we both love each ither as we both struggle to conquer our differences but the forces are so strong. its beyond us.  Getting into a relationship is even harder for baby boomers than the millennials. that's my realization. 

• Like 4

Paddy

Sorry, crummy internet for the past couple of days...

Thankyou @lamoe for the translation.