smokey

Mailing Prescription to Philippines

smokey

Want to mail a perscription to me here from us if they cant do it thru RAO. What is best way to have it sent here ?  Ups.  FedEx etc really want it to arrive

bkb1

I don't think you can legally ship a prescription drug to the Philippines...

RogerDuMond

Check with both Fedex and DHL. I don't know what the regulations are now, but when we moved here in 2012, we had my mothers prescriptions shipped here by DHL.

to_dave007

My choice for reliability would be DHL..  but like bkb1 I question whether or not you can legally ship a prescription drug to here..   

smokey

I will ask had them shipped 3 times before the pharmacy used ups there and regular post here only received once

to_dave007
27 minutes ago, smokey said:

I will ask had them shipped 3 times before the pharmacy used ups there and regular post here only received once

It's one of the main concerns about having anything shipped to my place.. No street address.  Just Municipality, Barangay and Sitio..  then "yellow house with green fence"... But embassy shipped important papers here by DHL couple weeks back and I got them.  ..  AFTER they went to the WRONG Canadian's house an d he redirected them to my place.  I'd really rather DHL had some kind of pickup location (Like shipping via LBC) so that I can track it online until I know it's there, then go get it myself.  Important papers..  important medications..  you don't want either to go astray.

Edited by to_dave007

trthebees
7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I'd really rather DHL had some kind of pickup location (Like shipping via LBC) so that I can track it online until I know it's there, then go get it myself.  Important papers..  important medications..  you don't want either to go astray.

Not medications, but I have sent papers via DHL to their Dumaguete office and my wife has gone to pick them up. 

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
17 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

My choice for reliability would be DHL..  but like bkb1 I question whether or not you can legally ship a prescription drug to here..   

We did use DHL, but we had to go into the city, because Customs wanted their pound of flesh. At that time, it was legal to have them shipped here as long as they were not controlled drugs.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
18 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

It's one of the main concerns about having anything shipped to my place.. No street address.  Just Municipality, Barangay and Sitio..  then "yellow house with green fence"... But embassy shipped important papers here by DHL couple weeks back and I got them.  ..  AFTER they went to the WRONG Canadian's house an d he redirected them to my place.  I'd really rather DHL had some kind of pickup location (Like shipping via LBC) so that I can track it online until I know it's there, then go get it myself.  Important papers..  important medications..  you don't want either to go astray.

Our home is out in the middle of nowhere, but about 10 years go, they came down the street putting these on every home. Ours just happen to be the first home in the barangay. Too bad they didn't name the street...:P

Before the numbering, I was surprised how they always managed to deliver our BB boxes which were shipped to us from Manila via truck. In fact we still don't use the number for the house address.

Bacon House 104 08-13-2010.JPG

• Like 1

to_dave007
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Before the numbering, I was surprised how they always managed to deliver our BB boxes which were shipped to us from Manila via truck. In fact we still don't use the number for the house address.

We ALWAYS have trouble with drivers unable to find our house to deliver BB box.  We learned we could overcome this problem by SMS the truck driver to look for the instructions on the outside of the box.

menehune

Where i lived before we knew the people in the barangay and we had our boxes sent to the brgy and they would let us know or and bring it up to us. Loved to pay the young boys to carry it up the hill into our place. We didnt have to stay and wait for the boxes, it was more safe that way.