lv2play

Which logo on my okay-okay baseballcap

lv2play

Hi guys, after losing (againj my last bassballcap and the fact that you can hardly find a decent quality bassballcap in or around my place i stepped into one of the okay-okay shops ( second hand clothes ).

To my big surprise i found a couple of great  quality and as good as new original caps, i bought 3 pieces for a total of 200 peso.

One Adidas cap is already been taken by my wife, so most likely i have to visit there soon again.

Of one cap i wonder what the logo means, please help me out.

greetings, Han

CE103A8C-D04F-40FA-9D67-C8600F904435.jpeg

Paddy

Maybe it’s a bad backwards knockoff of the Detroit Tigers logo?

54F03DDB-06FC-421E-9EA9-83F2AA00A59D.thumb.jpeg.5dc8f6c0541af872f24ff200b54a7546.jpeg

to_dave007

likely intentionally bad..  

lv2play

Thanks guys, guess i will never know.

The brand is Slugger, good quality and it has a leather lining inside, whatever the logo means i,m happy with it :D

Bama

This thread reminded me of this.

One day a worker of ours came in with a newish green hat with the letters DOPE across the front.

I asked the guy (with the wifes help) if he knew what DOPE meant.

He said no.

My wife explained to him that in English slang the word DOPE can mean drugs or a very stupid person.

The worker threw down the hat and never wore it again. LOL.

LechonBuddha

Appears to be the letter “L” written in the Old English/Gothic Font.

These are hard to make out. Even the Old English Detroit Tiger D comes in two versions.

Paddy
On 9/28/2019 at 11:35 PM, LechonBuddha said:

Appears to be the letter “L” written in the Old English/Gothic Font.

I agree. It’s closer to an L than a D (bad, backwards or otherwise). 

Some versons have the thin vertical on the right side (except they’re usually half height)

@lv2play tell people it’s your initial 😄 or that you’re from Louisville. 

(When I searched “slugger” I got a lot of Louisville Slugger hits with an LS logo. )

Headshot

It is a Gothic L.

434295198_GothicLetters.thumb.jpg.fcdaf143dd9c49ebc8a4643b7cf26239.jpg

Headshot

Here is a Louisville Cardinals (University of Louisville) hat... 

1632063276_LouisvilleCardinalshat.thumb.jpg.08dd51789297c0ed6a5b803eaa298f75.jpg

Of course, there are different versions of the hat. It looks like you got and extra fancy version.

Edited by Headshot

lv2play
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, the Louisville Cardinals logo looks like the winner.

Sorry for not reacting  earlier but i was hit with dengue and  slowly getting  better now.

Watch out for those mosquitos and still water or empty bottles in and around your house, it’s no fun.

Edited by lv2play

Headshot
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, lv2play said:

Thanks guys, the Louisville Cardinals logo looks like the winner.

Sorry for not reacting  earlier but i was hit with dengue and  slowly getting  better now.

Watch out for those mosquitos and still water or empty bottles in and around your house, it’s no fun.

Sorry to hear about the Dengue. I was hit by it in December 2015, and it damaged my heart muscle. Even though you think you are out of the woods, you should get an appointment with a trusted cardiologist to do a full check-up. You want to know the extent of any damage as soon as possible, and this isn't something the doctors who dealt with the disease are likely to catch at the time. It was a few months after I had Dengue before the effects became truly obvious. I then had to have a heart device implanted to keep my heart functioning and prevent total heart failure.

As for watching out for mosquitoes, the kind that carries Dengue is tiny and are difficult to detect. They rarely fly more than a couple of feet off the ground, but they will follow stairs up, and I have seen them in an elevator (in Chong Hua Hospital). They almost always bite on the feet, ankles or lower legs, but because they are so small, you might not even feel the bite. Best to keep Off lotion on your lower legs, ankles and feet at all times. There are four strains of Dengue, and once you have had one of them, though you are then immune to that strain, you are even more susceptible to the other strains (which could kill you).

Edited by Headshot

rfm010

I see an acrobatic porpoise entertaining people in a funky sailboat by balancing a sea lion on its snout.  

Never was much good at rorschach tests --all i ever see is squished bugs.

• Haha 1

lv2play

thanks Headshot, i will soon make a complete check-up, wanted to do that already before the dengue.

old guys should consider that every few years anyway.