Sign in to follow this  
softail

Moving to Santa Rosa Nuvali

Headshot

Let us know how it goes. We have members all over the Philippines, not just on Cebu. It is always good to hear about other places.

• Like 3

RogerDuMond
43 minutes ago, softail said:

my wife and I are moving to Santa Rosa Nuvali,

Good luck! Glad you are fulfilling your dream.

• Like 1

Soupeod

Good luck!

Salty Dog

We were living in Santa Rosa back in 2009. I remember taking a tour of Nuvali when it was just starting. The lake had one building on it, a welcome center. There were some model homes, but don't remember if there was actually anyone living there yet.

https://nuvali.ph

• Like 2

softail

I think it will be a great place for us to land. There are 3 great grocery stores, 2 movie theaters, quality hospital,. Great shopping and restaurants etc. The culture shock won’t be nearly as bad to start with.

• Like 2

maximian

I agree that there will be less of a culture shock living in Nuvali. I normally have lunch in Paseo or Nuvali on a Tuesday and there are some great restaurants. When you are ready venture out and about to the South, as there are some great small towns that are worth the visit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

softail
1 hour ago, maximian said:

I agree that there will be less of a culture shock living in Nuvali. I normally have lunch in Paseo or Nuvali on a Tuesday and there are some great restaurants. When you are ready venture out and about to the South, as there are some great small towns that are worth the visit. 

How dose King Bee sound one of these Tuesdays?

• Like 1

softail

Had a couple of drinks with my son this evening for old times sake, came home and trying to get all the things we want to take versa, the weight limits we are allowed. Is always the same before a flight. We are wayyyyy to excited!!!

• Like 1

profits101

Thats an interesting choice, and nice that you are fulfilling your dream. Cebu is pretty dirty, corrupted, broken, worn-out, with glimpses of a fresh life here and there, but I find it pretty real. I came here from the OC... Orange County and San Diego. When I go back I have occasional pangs of jealousy for the efficiencies and progress, but I find it pretty 1 and at best 2 dimensional. Whenever I feel like there are just too many problems here, I get lifted up when i see the wealth of babies getting hauled around near Chong Hua or just seeing how people are managing to scrape out a life each day. The only other places that are really on my radar are Bacolod, and in the fantasy realm seeing what Baguio might be like... my gf graduates in 1.5 yrs and once that happens I might go for a change of venue. 

softail

We landed in Manila yesterday at noon, in the van at 2pm. 2 hr ride to Los Banos and family.  Was exhausted after a 30 plus hour day but , guess what? The family had a huge celebration for us, food, drinking etc. No rest for us, but you know what? These things are one of the reason I decided to migrate, warmest people I have ever met.

Going to Nuvali tomorrow to find a house to rent.....

• Like 3

maximian
On 9/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, softail said:

How dose King Bee sound one of these Tuesdays?

That sounds good.