RangerUp

What Happens to Your Condo After 50 Years? The Truth Revealed

TheMatrix
1 minute ago, RangerUp said:

When did you buy it? I remember you posted here that you were renting it.

The first unit I bought about 5 years ago.  It had an existing tenant that I didn't have the heart to kick out, but I still needed a home when I visited Cebu, and that's the reason we bought another unit.  Soon after, that tenant moved out and has been vacant ever since.  But the renovation took well over a year with new walls, flooring, ceiling, plumbing, electrical, windows, doors... all the way down to the core.

smokey
2 minutes ago, TheMatrix said:

The first unit I bought about 5 years ago.  It had an existing tenant that I didn't have the heart to kick out, but I still needed a home when I visited Cebu, and that's the reason we bought another unit.  Soon after, that tenant moved out and has been vacant ever since.  But the renovation took well over a year with new walls, flooring, ceiling, plumbing, electrical, windows, doors... all the way down to the core.

Well if you ever need a really good construction guy let me know i pay him 850 a day but he does electrical tile and wood not a good painter ask ian i maintain my place 

TheMatrix
14 minutes ago, smokey said:

Well if you ever need a really good construction guy let me know i pay him 850 a day but he does electrical tile and wood not a good painter ask ian i maintain my place 

Good to know.  Thanks!  Good workers are getting harder to find.  Everyone is busy with the good economy.  Those that are not working have problems.  

RangerUp
2 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

The first unit I bought about 5 years ago.  It had an existing tenant that I didn't have the heart to kick out, but I still needed a home when I visited Cebu, and that's the reason we bought another unit. 

Was it this one you bought?

also

2 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

the renovation took well over a year with new walls, flooring, ceiling, plumbing, electrical, windows, doors... all the way down to the core.

DIY? Or if you hired locals could you post or PM the contact info? I'm thinking about doing the same.

TheMatrix
1 hour ago, RangerUp said:

Was it this one you bought?

also

DIY? Or if you hired locals could you post or PM the contact info? I'm thinking about doing the same.

Yes, I believe that was the unit I bought.  I was so impressed with the custom etched glass throughout the unit, and the fact that its in that NE corner of the building.  Avoids the evening sun, great views of Ayala and Mactan and the best airflow.  I had some locals do the work.  Master carpenter at 550p per day, and two helpers/painters at 450p.  They're out of Toledo and I had them live in the units while they were rehabbing them.  +63 975 732 3686  His name is Obet  Real name is Robert.

I probably wouldn't go through this hassle again.  Lots of hard work.  For instance, when removing the floor (see pic below).  The poor people below enduring all that hammering and chiseling on their ceiling for weeks on end.  Not to mention the water leaks, etc.  

floor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1