RogerDuMond

How about sharing some pictures of your new acquisition?

• Like 1

bert

good onya mate i know the feeling  sitting tooooo long in front of a screen is  not getting you fit at 73+ i still like to keep fit and as healthy as i can ;touch wood

• Like 1

cookie47

Howz that,, more will come.. d91f3ad41e63af97db78f07d3de6f2df.jpg6d0a7177a893985c8271bc7955111d65.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Like 2

cookie47
8 minutes ago, bert said:

73+

Yeh,Bert... I'm a year behind you, Birthday yesterday, haaaa.. 

• Like 1

bert

happy birth day 

• Like 2

Headshot

Happy Birthday Cookie. Congrats on the new (new to you) car. When do you want to meet up again at SM Consolacion?

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

bert
12 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Howz that,, more will come.. d91f3ad41e63af97db78f07d3de6f2df.jpg6d0a7177a893985c8271bc7955111d65.jpg

looks ok  are you fine driving in that maniac traffic i always head for a beer after  1 trip with taxi to jmall 

• Like 1

cookie47
Happy Birthday Cookie. Congrats on the new (new to you) car. When do you want to meet up again at SM Consolacion?
Yeh, I'll keep you informed.. I'm currently waiting for a Hydraulic brake hose via Lazada,,,, so I'm technically off the road at the moment..
Wasn't happy with the condition of the hose.. I'm a bit red hot on safety.. But that's my life skills...

• Like 1

cookie47
looks ok  are you fine driving in that maniac traffic i always head for a beer after  1 trip with taxi to jmall 
Well your not wrong, I've managed to navigate to SM,, and keep on the correct side of the road. It's funny 20 years ago in Australia if my Mrs attempted to "assist" me in driving I would tell her to put a "sock in it", you know it's the male thing... Ha.. But you know what,, I've noticed it's accually quite helpfull here. "at the moment". IE,, watch the scooter,(particularly the ones that squeeze up next to the kerb side) ,,, there's a dog on the left,,, Careful the children may run out,,, I know it sounds utter crazy that I should put up with it but I am. There's so much more to watch out for here as "anything" can happen and probably will..

• Like 2

Woolf

I had one of those for 5 years a  2002  2 door 1300, got it very cheap

sold it last Wednesday,  it got a crack in windshield so would not pass inspection, that is why I sold

the engine light would come on sometimes and stay on, solved by disconnection battery for 10 minutes 

then no light until next time but well finally  I just let it stay on

I think it was some emission check problem, but it passed smoke test every time, I just hoped that the 

light would stay off  for the inspection

was a low cost car for the 5 years

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

cookie47
I had one of those for 5 years a  2002  2 door 1300, got it very cheap
sold it last Wednesday,  it got a crack in windshield so would not pass inspection, that is why I sold
the engine light would come on sometimes and stay on, solved by disconnection battery for 10 minutes 
then no light until next time but well finally  I just let it stay on
I think it was some emission check problem, but it passed smoke test every time, I just hoped that the 
light would stay off  for the inspection
was a low cost car for the 5 years

Nice to hear..gee, maybe I would have bought it if I had known....
I had nothing to do with the smoke test/inspection/paperwork or whatever it needed It was all "done"????? by the seller. I just gave a photocopy of my license and a couple of days all done. There's not a wiff of smoke, certainly in the time I've had it but it's early days yet. Major mechanical items are "just" roadworthy (lower control arm bushes are borderline . The bubble rust in the A pillar would probably fail it in Australia, depending on what state.

BTW, where did you get parts.?.

I've found one Korean Parts seller "some where" near Carbon, plus there is a main dealer in Mandaue (which I haven't tried due to its age). Lazada has so far been productive,,, plus my understanding is that some Mitsubishi Lancer parts will fit as Hyundai bought the complete Lancer Production Line to get them going. The 1.3 valve cover is exactly the same on both engines.

Woolf
3 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

BTW, where did you get parts.?.

uuups  did not mention that  I am in denmark  now

will be back in philippines  late october

• Like 1

cookie47
uuups  did not mention that  I am in denmark  now
will be back in philippines  late october
,, Oo dear, yes it makes a difference.

Ozepete
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Well your not wrong, I've managed to navigate to SM,, and keep on the correct side of the road. It's funny 20 years ago in Australia if my Mrs attempted to "assist" me in driving I would tell her to put a "sock in it", you know it's the male thing... Ha.. But you know what,, I've noticed it's accually quite helpfull here. "at the moment". IE,, watch the scooter,(particularly the ones that squeeze up next to the kerb side) ,,, there's a dog on the left,,, Careful the children may run out,,, I know it sounds utter crazy that I should put up with it but I am. There's so much more to watch out for here as "anything" can happen and probably will..

Sometimes Cookie, but often it's a passenger driving hazard!!  Driving through thick traffic recently in Cebu on the left lane of a three lane road and sweetie pie calls 'left, go left' but she's pointing to the right!!!  But they are good drivers there, they all missed me! Good choice, the little Hyundais just keep going. And happy birthday young fellow!!:thumbs_up:

• Like 1