shadow

DeedleNuts

Hello, fellow Oregonian (sorta) ;)

I'm about 60 minutes south of Eugene

• Like 1

An amazing story, what a find. Congratulations Granddad.   :friends: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are there any plans for all of you meeting up ? That is the best thing i have heard about in a very long time. Hope this new chapter in your life turns out well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, raytech said:

Are there any plans for all of you meeting up ? That is the best thing i have heard about in a very long time. Hope this new chapter in your life turns out well.

Up to now, I've been here 16+ years with no plans or desires to ever touch US soil again. I may have to re-think that, but it's not an option right now as this year has been a financial disaster for us. Hopefully next year we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. I would be there tomorrow if it was possible. 

• Like 3
cookie47

Nice story, good luck.. I had to read it a few times to get my head around all the twists and turns,,, and surprises haha.... Hope you can get there.. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Up to now, I've been here 16+ years with no plans or desires to ever touch US soil again. I may have to re-think that, but it's not an option right now as this year has been a financial disaster for us. Hopefully next year we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. I would be there tomorrow if it was possible. 

This year might be a financial disaster but with this news you are so much the richer.  Money can't buy this, best thread on LinC! 

Hope you can get to meet up with them soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow, that's life-changing.  Technology, (both social media and genetic mapping) are making so much possible. What a tremendous opportunity to connect with family that you didn't know you had.  I hope that when you do you find common ground  on which to kindle ongoing relationships that time and circumstances have denied you thus far. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chris24 said:

Wow, that's life-changing.  Technology, (both social media and genetic mapping) are making so much possible. What a tremendous opportunity to connect with family that you didn't know you had.  I hope that when you do you find common ground  on which to kindle ongoing relationships that time and circumstances have denied you thus far. 

We have found a lot of coincidences, where we almost met years ago, or were in the same area. She now lives in Montana, in a very small town where I spent several months fishing at the time she moved there. She lives within 100 miles of my sister in Billings. In my 20s, I partied with friends at her adopted parent's next door neighbor's house. The coincidences go on and on, we find more every time we chat.

• Like 7