Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Need info on Military Medavac

Norman

My wife is now in Chong Hua Mandaue we have been here 12 days now and has Stage 4 cancer with a tumor in her left lung and it has gone to her brain in just a short time . I thought we could get her on a fit to Atlanta but there is no way now that they will let her fly . Is there any one ever heard if the military will do a med a vac to maybe Guam for a dependent . This all started Aug 14th and was first in UC Med until i was able to get her home (Up north in Sogod) but she started to get worse and now in Chong Hua . I starting to run out of up front money with this medical system here . I have had some help filing 2 claims with Tricare-Care but it taking a while to get any back.    Don’t use this site to often and don’t know if i can put my e mail address but will try 

Thanks for any ideas or help  Norm

Edited by shadow

shadow
26 minutes ago, Norman said:

My wife is now in Chong Hua Mandaue we have been here 12 days now and has Stage 4 cancer with a tumor in her left lung and it has gone to her brain in just a short time . I thought we could get her on a fit to Atlanta but there is no way now that they will let her fly . Is there any one ever heard if the military will do a med a vac to maybe Guam for a dependent . This all started Aug 14th and was first in UC Med until i was able to get her home (Up north in Sogod) but she started to get worse and now in Chong Hua . I starting to run out of up front money with this medical system here . I have had some help filing 2 claims with Tricare-Care but it taking a while to get any back.    Don’t use this site to often and don’t know if i can put my e mail address but will try 

Thanks for any ideas or help  Norm

WOW, Very sad to hear of this Norman. You cannot post your email address, but if anyone wants to contact you I or any of the other mods/admins will be glad to PM them your email address or start a group PM between you.

Bama

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Years ago a friends wife was medevaced to Clark/Subic due to injuries sustained in a jeepney wreck.

The C9 that picked her up was the largest airplane to ever land at the Tacloban airport at the time.I believe they did this because the local hospitals could not handle a person who had the extensive injuries that she did. So it has been done (evac from a civilian airport in the PI) but unsure if they would do this in your situation.