My this forum is quiet...

musicman666

21 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Many times over the years of reading multiple topics, I’ve frequently seen the simple criticism from a moderator to a poster......if the topic bothers you, why do you read it?  

When the posters use the correct topic, it’s easy to simply skip past.  What becomes bothersome, as I’ve mentioned, is when a topic gets off track because some individuals want to share their political views.  I recall an example a while back of a fellow wanting some advice about jail breaking a phone he had just bought or was thinking of buying.  As he got the technical advice, along came the political advice about buying junk from China. This lead to comments about global economy and more.  

This sort of off topic crap is what degrades the forum.  

I was recently warned (post hidden) for responding to a question and was too detailed  (political question / response)

My fault - reworded post - started new topic to fully answer question presented.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jawny

• Headshot

• shadow

• cookie47

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the forum has improved over the past month or so, as it has swung away from personal attacks, hate talk and chest beating thank God. Real stories of humanity like Shadows post recently. 

I pop in from time to time to see if there is anything interesting....what the hell happened ? a few years ago it was like shit was going on ...loads of heated debate ...really entertaining ...bu

All the carping on the Mods/Admins in place now is pretty ludicrous. You lads wouldn't have made it this far back in the day...jus sayin   Topic wise this thread's been pretty good, for the most

Posted Images

3 hours ago, HeyMike said:

All those speculating about the CR, but are not part of the CR, ... I say.... c'mon in... the waters fine.

I think they are much too delicate for the experience..:not_me:

2 hours ago, Kahuna said:

I think they are much too delicate for the experience..:not_me:

Disagree - not all - some may not be confident in their writing / debating skills

We know how tolerant some of the speling, grammar police can be. :lol:

Under the old regime of "anything goes" - I'd not respond  - as was recommended by a mod -  once the personnel attacks started

Edited by lamoe
5 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Disagree - not all - some may not be confident in there writing / debating skills

We know how tolerant some of the speling, grammar police can be. :lol:

I suppose they could always put you on ignore and bypass all the spelling/grammar troubles there.. :scratch_head:[that might work :thumbsup:]

13 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

I suppose they could always put you on ignore and bypass all the spelling/grammar troubles there.. :scratch_head:[that might work :thumbsup:]

Yep it would - for them - but then they'd miss out on the opportunity to do so  :lol:

I accept that I have problems in that area and luckily I can correct them at anytime  when they are pointed out.

I don't object to being corrected - have thanked people for doing so - just how it's done sometimes I object to.

"speling - spelling"  - TY vs "it's spelling - don't you see the difference?"  No I don't

7 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Your not on your own. 

I did actually have to look it up... 

I would, but choose not to know!

• Like 1

For those interested in this topic, it might be worth it to check out another thread close by and current.

This thread appears to be about the topic of how so many individuals are affected by endo in the Philippines (contractual, not permanent employment). The thread is interesting and moving a bit distant from that topic, in my view of course.  Nothing wrong with that.  Just sayin.

Members who choose to criticize the moderators for "shitty moderating" ....... I believe it makes good sense to let this thread flow the way it is.  The OP got his answer and the few remaining posters just seem to like to research the wages of waiters in the EU.  

• Like 1

There’s some excellent forums/websites where open discussion is encouraged on so many issues such as global warming, abortion and birth control, teaching evolution in schools and so forth.  Reddit is perhaps the one most familiar to me and I suggest LinC members who look forward to a good discussion and debate go there.  There’s even an App for reddit. 

For LinC, I think the demographic of membership is pretty clear.  Debates here take the form of arguments, not debates.  That will drive away potential members.  The title suggests this is not a forum for debates on global warming.  However, if members want to to take their opinions on that topic to the non public portion, go for it.  Not me.  I don’t come to LinC for insights on opinions except as it pertains to living in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Davaoeno

On 9/25/2019 at 1:52 AM, Jawny said:

I don’t come to LinC for insights on opinions except as it pertains to living in the Philippines.

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere !! 

• Like 3
to_dave007
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere !! 

That's not fair to Jawny..  He's not the only one who comes here primarily for stuff related to Philippines.. Me too.  I'm one who appreciates what I've learned at LINC..  and the people I've met through LINC.   I confess that I do like the relationships thread..  which has little to do with the Philippines..  as well as a couple of the other humour threads.

If LINC slows down a bit.. then I don't mind helping pick it back up.  

• Like 2

Once in a while I’ll use a forum on a specific product or topic.  Apple computers, OPPO phones, Toyota Innova and other products.  Gardening, fish rearing and a variety of other topics, more generalized.

Most of these allow browsing, just as the LinC does.  No need to sign in or gain membership.  

I rarely sign in to these user forums, and just hope for good fortune in getting the info I need, or going back to google.  One of the main reasons I don’t bother to sign in is the way members are similar to the way some are here.  They want to be the smartest kid on the block and ridicule poster with dumb questions.  Then there are the Jolly Rogers types who want to make a spirited debate, even when the topic is "what’s the best tire pressure for my Innova?"....READ THE FRIGGIN OWNERS MANUAL YOU LIBTARD!! 

I could go on, but the description of my experience is what I first had in the LinC. I was uneasy about getting my dumb questions out there.  Snowflake?  Perhaps.  I really don’t care what label comes with my online behavior.  I know exactly who I am and have all the opinions I need on topics like politics, religion and pretty girls. They’ll last a lifetime.

I don’t believe my membership was a wrong turn.  I’ve gained a lot of knowledge as well as shared my own experiences, specifically relating to the Philippines.  I really don’t need the humor, dog and cat pictures, or political debates that some members relish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Davaoeno
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

That's not fair to Jawny.. 

I have no problem with Jawny's thoughts- its the delivery that bothers me !! hehe

• Haha 1
Headshot

It is totally impossible for LinC Forums to please everybody. Some people wish the forums were more Cebu/Philippines centered and family friendly (and are offended by too much discussion of controversial issues) ... while others want to be able to discuss anything they wish without barriers. I think the current system is a good compromise ... with an open forums section that can at least be somewhat centered on the Philippines ... and the CR where just about any controversial issue can be discussed without upsetting any member who doesn't wish to view them (since membership in the CR is by request only and dependent on meeting minimum requirements in activity).

• Like 5
cookie47
14 hours ago, Jawny said:

really don’t care what label comes with my online behavior.  I know exactly who I am and have all the opinions I need on topics like politics, religion and pretty girls. They’ll last a lifetime.

I don’t believe my membership was a wrong turn.  I’ve gained a lot of knowledge as well as shared my own experiences, specifically relating to the Philippines.  I really don’t need the humor, dog and cat pictures, or political debates that some members relish.

I couldn't agree more. I would rather be able to ask where to buy half inch wigits than bitch and moan about political issues which has always been very low on my radar. (But that's me)....   So,,,,, has/does the the CR and previous incarnations reduced the traffic in the open forum.? There certainly has been "a lot" of members gone missing in the short time I've been a member. BUT,, They just may have moved on,passed on, gone back to their home country, got a hobby (like myself with my car).. Dunno,,, 

• Like 5
Headshot
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

They just may have moved on,passed on, gone back to their home country, got a hobby (like myself with my car).. Dunno,,, 

I think you hit the nail on the head. I can remember hundreds of LinC Forums members who moved on, passed on, moved back to their home countries and lost their interest in the Philippines, or just found other interests that took them away from the forums. That shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. We are mostly dealing with an older population here on LinC Forums, and when you get to a certain age, things change a lot, sometimes within your control ... and sometimes out of your control.

• Like 4