throttleplate

Rosas Hotel Hell

throttleplate

spent 6 nights in this hotel taking care of embassy stuff for wifes visa. Made reservations 45 days ago so where do they put me? in a shitty room with mold in the refer and dirty glass windows and panes looking directly down at the dragstrip running by. It was so loud from the traffic that ran fast and all night into the morning that i requested a new room next day. The exhaust fumes also coming into the room were very apparent.

Stuck me in a different room next night and all was nice and quite untill the night before wifes interview while in bed sleeping at 11pm a jackhammer woke us up. right outside our window is an ally that connecs to a street and with the sound proofing of the room non-existant it was unbearable, the hammer was tearing up the street by the ally to put in a new manhole cover.

I called the front desk and they talked to the worker and called me back and said hammer wou;d be done by 2.30am sir. I said get me into another room for the night and they got us one just to sleep in, no moving required. Two more nights left now and that night the room that borders us gets some kids in it that were non stop talking, giggling,laughing till midnight. The walls are so thin you can hear them as if no wall existed so i banged the wall and they stopped. Next night same problem as they came in from partying and had to bang wall again at 2am.

The room was 1200php a nite and came with refer, great wifi, super hot soaker shower, good tv channels and a coffee maker that cooked my oatmeal in no time and also used to reheat my leftovers. It is 5 minute walk to SLEC for visa medical exam, 8 minute walk to NBI and 10 minute walk to embassy. The walls, its all about the walls thats the real only complaint.

RedRanger

Next time try Red Planet Manila Bay, directly across the street from US Embassy. 

Modern hotel, large beds, clean sheets, free soap and shampoo and conditioners, Cold A/C split type, Free safe, Ref, hair dryer.  Runs from 1k to 2k per night depending on occupancy.

2 minute walk from Cowboy Grill on Mambina street, and about 5 minute walk to Robinson Mall.

• Like 1

enoonmai

I stayed at the BW La Corona the 3 trips I made for the visa. Has the usual amenities and was quiet as I recall, easy walking to embassy and medical. Be more than 1200 though. Been 3 and a half years. There's so many hotels in that area there is no reason to tolerate what you describe.

At the end of the day the visa is what's important, you will barely remember where you stayed. Good luck.

• Like 1

streak03

You get what you pay for I guess..

• Like 3

papimafioso69

We've stayed there many of times and never had been given a dirty room . I have food allergies and the kitchen staff always comes out and assure me that my food is being prepared correctly . We always ask for extra Atchara and they even have given us a jar as a gift when  they knew we were leaving . There is a little street noise sometimes but there's even noise in the province . The last couple of yrs. my wife has traveled back by herself and we always use there pickup service at the airport especially at night . There driver knew her flight was delayed and waited 4 hrs. for her and drove her to the hotel in a flood .  Sorry you had a bad experience but we've always been treated like family there . I used to stay at the Best Western next door but loved the way Rosa Garden treated us . 

• Like 2

davedude

I try to avoid hotels if at all possible. I've had good success short term renting condos in Manila thru VRBO. Works better for me, YMMV.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
6 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

We've stayed there many of times and never had been given a dirty room . I have food allergies and the kitchen staff always comes out and assure me that my food is being prepared correctly . We always ask for extra Atchara and they even have given us a jar as a gift when  they knew we were leaving . There is a little street noise sometimes but there's even noise in the province . The last couple of yrs. my wife has traveled back by herself and we always use there pickup service at the airport especially at night . There driver knew her flight was delayed and waited 4 hrs. for her and drove her to the hotel in a flood .  Sorry you had a bad experience but we've always been treated like family there . I used to stay at the Best Western next door but loved the way Rosa Garden treated us . 

Perhaps they are aware that you are mafioso?

• Haha 3

papimafioso69

So you've been to the Dominican Republic too . lol

Davaoeno
20 minutes ago, papimafioso69 said:

Mostly west of Luperon

RedRanger
On 9/16/2019 at 4:14 PM, papimafioso69 said:

I spent Christmas there in 2018, Not a bad place. Lots of good water to swim in and snorkel.

Bama
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I spent Christmas there in 2018, Not a bad place. Lots of good water to swim in and snorkel.

I heard that a number of the resorts in DR have a "killer" mini bar in each room !!!!

• Haha 2

RedRanger
21 hours ago, Bama said:

I heard that a number of the resorts in DR have a "killer" mini bar in each room !!!!

Yea, I never used mini bars. Don't matter the country, I don't trust what is in there.

Headed to Cancun Mexico this year for Christmas. I am from Texas I can be there in less than 3 hours, and the all inclusive hotels and plane fare is hard to beat for value and stunning oceans and food

liquido
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Headed to Cancun Mexico this year for Christmas. I am from Texas I can be there in less than 3 hours, and the all inclusive hotels and plane fare is hard to beat for value and stunning oceans and food

I use to do the Cancun thing many years back and then I discovered Cozumel and lived there for a short period.Hurricane Wilma scared me when I was there..haha ..Give it a go if you have not experienced it.As stated in a previous post I have some regrets of not ending up there..

• Thanks 1

BossHog
On 9/16/2019 at 5:43 PM, throttleplate said:

a coffee maker that cooked my oatmeal in no time and also used to reheat my leftovers.

How the heck do you make oatmeal and reheat leftovers in a coffee maker?

• Like 1

throttleplate
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

How the heck do you make oatmeal and reheat leftovers in a coffee maker?

the coffee maker boils the water in a very short time so for the oatmeal i just boil water and pour it into my bowl and mix with oatmeal.

To reheat food fill the coffee pot up with more water and bring it to a boil and then put your container of cold food on top of the coffee maker which requires you to  flip the lid of the maker open and set your food container on it and use the steam to cook it . Works fantastic.