lamoe

Only in the land of OZ

lamoe
GBT62

Vegemite in my morning coffee ? yeah nah .... :blink:      a waste of coffee and vegemite.

A snag at Bunnings  - sure, that's a Sat'dee morning or arvo tradition ...... but never heard of Dunnings they refer to

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 2

cookie47

BTW it's a Koala... NOT A BEAR...... Biggest mistake, Journalist need to study... 

It's a marsupial.... 

Bring on the snags..... 😎

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Soupeod
lamoe
16 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

What is this about or click bait!

:shocked:

It's a series of photos with an explanation of why they are unique to OZ - couldn't copy and post all of them

"What is one thing that most tourists hope to see when they visit the Land Down Under? Kangaroos, of course! These adorable, fluffy, hopping pals are so common in Australia, that the country has titled them their national animal and they even appear on the Australian coat of arms."

image.thumb.png.6ef7a1635c5a2116b7f9c8c6a409699b.png

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cookie47

I didn't see it as click bait.... 

The title is Unique things that happen in Australia. 

"Most" of it is Resonably accurate apart from the common mistakes with Koala,s and Vegemite "in" the coffee,,, yuk, on your toast, yeh... Also you wouldn't see many people with no shoes in Hobart in Winter. Of course Australia is a Continent so some of these entrees/depictions  are area specific. 

• Like 3

cookie47
24 minutes ago, lamoe said:

they even appear on the Australian coat of arms."

Featuring prominently on the Australian Coat of Arms are two of Australia’s most iconic animals, the kangaroo and emu, leading to a common trivia question, why them and not the koala, wombat or echidna?

It’s commonly believed that the reason they are on the Coat of Arms is because they are two animals that are unable to walk backwards, signifying our aspiration and intent as a nation to always move forwards.

• Like 3

cookie47
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

These adorable, fluffy, hopping pals are so common in Australia, that the country has titled them their national

Somewhat true, but don't startle a 7 foot male big red in the bush, they WILL have a go, with muscles like "Arnold "

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

GBT62

and only try to cuddle the half-asleep (half drugged on eucalyptus fumes?)  Koalas in the petting area of a sanctuary :)

One wandered through my yard around midnight about 30 years ago - and started to climb the old wooden power pole out front. 

In my late Friday night daze - and shirtless (it was a humid summer night) I approached to help the poor guy and relocate him towards the bushland nearby .......  till I heard the low and loud angry growl ..... these are mean little fellas in the wild :biggrin_01:

• Like 3

Headshot
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

The title is Unique things that happen in Australia.

But then, several of the things they include are NOT unique to Australia. I mean, come on... whales, coral reefs, cattle drives, lizards, etc.?

Edited by Headshot

cookie47

Yes your correct.. 

The list has errors 

• Like 1

noddle

I'm glad I live in Tassie,  no drop bears here  :-)

• Like 1

cookie47

What about "australis-trouser-snakeii"

Comes out at night

Prefers to chase woman

We used to tell any city visitors to watch out for them.

It took e,m a while to catch on

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

lamoe
9 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

What about "australis-trouser-snakeii"

Comes out at night

Prefers to chase woman

We used to tell any city visitors to watch out for them.

It took e,m a while to catch on emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Google sites that the OZ "australis-trouser-snakeii" is the absolute smallest species on the planet:tease:

image.png.2fef1410d630de25fa00670383cd8925.png

I don't do sarcasm very often but when I do I give it my best effort :rose:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1