Forefall

Wallet Lost - ACR Card Gone - International Flight Tomorrow

Forefall

Am I screwed?

So, to keep it short and simple:

• I have a flight home that I spent a lot of money for at the last minute to visit my father who just had a heart attack.
  • Flight is at 2AM tomorrow.
  • I'm a 13A Visa Holder since 2010
  • When I was out rushing around trying to get luggage and things ready for the trip, I left my wallet in a taxi and I had no receipt from it, so I have no idea who or what taxi service it was from... and my ACR card was in there.

I have no idea what to do now.  I've got the 13A stamp in my passport, so I was hoping that'd be enough?  Do I have to have my ACR card on hand?  I have not left the country on my 13A visa, so I have no idea what the process is like.

At this point, I don't even care if I lose my 13A visa, I just need to get home to visit my father because he's in very bad shape and might not make it through the next few days.  There's nothing more important than this to me.

Any help or opinions would be amazing...

Thanks

Edited by Forefall

Bama

Do you have time to get to J Centre and talk to them about? Do you need a ECC to leave?

As long as you can exit the PI, you can get 59 days at the airport when you return.Was told by BI to never to do this---come back on a tourist visa when you already have a 13A but what choice do you have? Not too helpful, I know.

to_dave007
Just now, Bama said:

Do you have time to get to J Centre and talk to them about? Do you need a ECC to leave?

agree

• Like 1

MickyG
20 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

agree

They will probably want to see a police report for a ''lost card'' which you will have to supply anyway for a card replacement

Forefall

I'm on the way there now but in a reply on Facebook Messenger, the agent told me that I'll need to file a police report and an affidavit of loss.  

So basically I'm screwed.  Great.

Has anyone gotten their ECC without an ACR card?

to_dave007

I suggest you just be honest with them and tell then the situation..  and look for the best solution possible.

My own ACR card is long expired now..  because my last couple entries have been on Balikbayan visa..  and when I asked the big guy (Ramon??) at the JMall BI counter if I should get it renewed..  his response was..  don't worry about it.. we already have your fingerprints (from when I got original ACR)..  so they weren't worried about it being expired..  and they may not be worried about it being lost..  (hopefully you can defer the police report etc until you get BACK from your home country)  after the family emergency.

15 minutes ago, MickyG said:

They will probably want to see a police report for a ''lost card'' which you will have to supply anyway for a card replacement

agree..  but hopefully he can defer all that till he gats back from family emergency.

Bama

Perhaps you can fix some of this at an Embassy in the country where you are going to (US ?) .

If you have been in the PI for less than 6 months (I believe) you won't need a ECC anyway. 

smokey
54 minutes ago, Forefall said:

Am I screwed?

So, to keep it short and simple:

• I have a flight home that I spent a lot of money for at the last minute to visit my father who just had a heart attack.
  • Flight is at 2AM tomorrow.
  • I'm a 13A Visa Holder since 2010
  • When I was out rushing around trying to get luggage and things ready for the trip, I left my wallet in a taxi and I had no receipt from it, so I have no idea who or what taxi service it was from... and my ACR card was in there.

I have no idea what to do now.  I've got the 13A stamp in my passport, so I was hoping that'd be enough?  Do I have to have my ACR card on hand?  I have not left the country on my 13A visa, so I have no idea what the process is like.

At this point, I don't even care if I lose my 13A visa, I just need to get home to visit my father because he's in very bad shape and might not make it through the next few days.  There's nothing more important than this to me.

Any help or opinions would be amazing...

Thanks

Last year i left on an expired acr and when back entered as tourist then went to j mall was able to get new acr. Took a while but when back i can ask someone there to help you 

• Like 2

Forefall
8 minutes ago, smokey said:

Last year i left on an expired acr and when back entered as tourist then went to j mall was able to get new acr. Took a while but when back i can ask someone there to help you 

Hey smokey, long time no chat.

That would be awesome if that was the case.  I don't mind re-entering as a tourist.  Did you do anything special at the immigration counter at the airport when you left to get the expired card to work?  Any further details would be amazing.

I still have my 2010-2015 ACR card that's heavily damaged but still has the number at the very least.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Forefall

to_dave007

Good luck..  let us know what happens at BI today. (please)

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

Cebuandrew
1 hour ago, Forefall said:

Has anyone gotten their ECC without an ACR card?

Doesn't appear too difficult. BOI should have the form required to fill out, plenty of photos are needed and an "affidavit of loss."

http://immigration.gov.ph/47-clearance/312-ecc-with-lost-acr-i-card

Best of luck!!

T.S.

Tip for future taxi rides. Always snap a quick picture of it on your phone. 

Have Google Photos installed on the phone backing up your pictures in case you forget the phone in the taxi.

• Like 1

trthebees
2 hours ago, smokey said:

I'm on 13A. My ACR card expired while I was away, they gave me tourist on re-entry. To restore the 13a I went to J-mall, and basically it involved me writing a letter addressed to the commissioner in Manila, the staff at J-mall wrote a similar letter, some forms for ACR,  and I was able to get the 13a reinstated together with a new card. In my case, I should have checked the ACR expiry before I went, but in any case got delayed out of the country.

I've just looked in my passport, and sometimes the immigration writes the ACR number in for 13A, sometimes they don't, if the numbers of any use. And as you'll exit through the 13A immigration and pay the fees, maybe they'll have some useful info.

Best wishes to you and your father.

• Like 1

smokey
17 hours ago, Forefall said:

Hey smokey, long time no chat.

That would be awesome if that was the case.  I don't mind re-entering as a tourist.  Did you do anything special at the immigration counter at the airport when you left to get the expired card to work?  Any further details would be amazing.

I still have my 2010-2015 ACR card that's heavily damaged but still has the number at the very least.

Thanks everyone!

I told the guy at the airport it was last min. The card had expired the 5 year thing when i came back i went to j mall and renewed my card and received another was some paperwork needed my passport where i was originally given an acr i had mine granted in 2006 but had old passport

savarity

I received an ECC last year without showing an ACR card or even being asked for one at Jcentre. My acr was expired anyway, and I didn't even have an exit ticket.

• Like 1