Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Bootable floppy disk needed

Jay

I'm a LinC old-timer but I don't get on the forum very often anymore. Some of you other old-timers probably know me though. Here's the deal: my desktop computer's motherboard died and I have another motherboard I can install but it has a bricked BIOS due to an upgrade flash that went bad. It's now prompting me to connect a PS2 keyboard (which I have) and insert a bootable disk in drive A:. I have a floppy disk drive I can install, but I need a bootable floppy disk that has my BIOS flash utility copied to it as well as two BIOS .bin files so I can try to recover the BIOS and use the motherboard. Can anyone in metro Cebu who has a computer with a floppy drive and an extra disk prepare such a floppy disk for me? I can send you the files that will need to be copied to it. TIA.

Kahuna

Hi Jay,  

Not sure if this would be helpful but here's a site

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/electronics/computers

A shot in the dark but maybe the local library would have some vintage floppies?  Worth a call anyway  :hi:

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful..