fordtech

My You Tube Channel

fordtech

I posted a video on You Tube almost 2 years ago and up until Sept 2 it has around 25 views. Since then It has hit almost a half a million views. I have no idea what has made it gone nuts. Does anyone have experience with You Tube? 

Edited by fordtech
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Soupeod
7 minutes ago, fordtech said:

I posted a video on You Tube almost 2 years ago and up until Sept 2 it has around 25 views. Since then It has hit almost a half a million views. I have no idea what has made it gone nuts. Does anyone have experience with You Tube? 

Congrats and I do not.

maximian

Did a ferry not capsize of Camotes islands last week? 

I am not an expert on youtube, but my guess is people were searching the story  and came across your video. 

• Like 1

fordtech

I have a hard time doing anything on my PC because in the lower right hand corner fecking popups keeping showing likes, and comments from You Tube. 

Salty Dog

For us little guys, it is a combination of the video's name, cover photo and tags.

There is much more involved with the big YouTube Players...

Headshot

Maybe if you are lucky, Youtube will monetize the video, and you can get some money out of it. I'm sure all of the recent hits are due to the ferry sinking this week.

fordtech

With help from a mate I signed up to monetize my account. It has 600k views now and is still climbing. We will see how high it goes. Still amazed why people are watching it. 

to_dave007

suggest ypou find the thread here that LINC member started after the recent Camotes ferry incident and post this to his thread..  This would go a LONG way to explaining why that ferry went down.

Jawny

There is a feed of other videos when you select one to view.  On my iPad it is to the right hand side.  The feed is created by YouTube according to your interests.  So, if you’re looking at a video on baking, there may be some cooking suggestions in feed.  Not exclusively cooking, as youtube is aware you have other interests.  Not surprising that when your YouTube video shows up, the feed includes some similar ferry related videos.

As far as monetizing, I believe that has more to do with followers and likes.  Many views are useful, but unless you have a load of viewers looking for your next video, I doubt you’ll make much for the effort.

of course, you could edit the video and add music or narration.  Or, build suspense by asking "Does the truck get off the ferry?"  

• Like 1

Dafey

An exciting video for sure! I'd be pooping my pants if I was the driver!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fordtech

As of Sunday 8:45pm Phil time it has had 713,910 views. 

Dafey

Since watching your video I've had about 6 similar videos pop up 'recommended for you'

• Like 1

Cebuandrew
On 9/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, Dafey said:

An exciting video for sure! I'd be pooping my pants if I was the driver!

Great video, to be sure. Reminded me of a time I walked off a roro and the ramp was swinging 10-12 feet up and down. Still, a very fun watch. Dafey, I quoted this, cuz drivers in those trucks, after a few years, experience worse than that. Driving trucks that big in the City, to mountain treks, where the upgrade and downgrade percentages are crazy here. Imagine driving that truck, loaded, up a 10% upgrade or a 10% downgrade...yeah, then I'd be shitting my pants. There are no runaway truck ramps here. Won't even get into the "required maintenance" of them.

• Like 2

Dafey
8 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

Imagine driving that truck, loaded, up a 10% upgrade or a 10% downgrade

We recently made a trip to South Leyte and the grade was so steep with hairpin turns the big loaded trucks waited in turn for a big diesel tractor to pull them up the hill. I wasn't even comfortable waiting at the bottom for it to clear so our van could take a turn. 

• Like 3

Cebuandrew
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

We recently made a trip to South Leyte and the grade was so steep with hairpin turns the big loaded trucks waited in turn for a big diesel tractor to pull them up the hill. I wasn't even comfortable waiting at the bottom for it to clear so our van could take a turn. 

Damn, I haven't seen that one yet. Sounds like a free trip to an amusement park. In Oregon, 6% grade was max. Going from Cebu City to just north of Toledo, I figured it was 10%. Your comment in this thread made me laugh, cuz my first time going down that mountain, I was thinking long-haul truck drivers here must be wearing adult diapers. Gawd knows I would be.

• Like 2